Now i've got my bargain Langster, any hints??

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
don_don

Postby don_don » Thu Jun 19, 2008 20:05 pm

don_don wrote:
Shame they didn't see that before sending it to you

How do we know it was like that before it left Pearsons? We don't so idle speculation doesn't really help matters now does it? Especially if the couriers they used were responsible for this.

Redddragon - have you been in touch with Pearsons directly to see what can be done?

I hadn't thought about the couriers to be honest, but I would have been a bit miffed at being sent a frame with such an obvious fault. To be fair to Pearsons, I have just bought a Touche from them and their service was excellent - thoroughly recommended :)

I'm just wondering if I should have hung on a bit for a cheap Langster frame.. :roll:

redddraggon

Postby redddraggon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 20:25 pm

It came today, all checked and it seems fine, phew.

It's all pretty well wrapped up, to manually unwrap and check every frame and wrap it back up before sending it out would take ages.
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

gkerr4

Postby gkerr4 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 21:11 pm

cool - glad you got sorted

so - whats the build gonna be??

redddraggon

Postby redddraggon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 21:57 pm

gkerr4 wrote:so - whats the build gonna be??

What I've got so far: Cinelli Vai 12cm stem, Deda bars, FSA 48T chainset and BB, Conti GP4000s (they seem to appear on all my builds at one point), R500 front wheel

The rest (provisionally): R600 levers and Tiagra calipers, Halo rear wheel with fixed and free, one 18T sprocket probably, alloy seat post and Fizik Pave/Aliante saddle
I like bikes...

Twitter

Flickr

Return to “Road General”