Cycling Mags - Paper or Digital?

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
andy 3654

Re: Cycling Mags - Paper or Digital?

Postby andy 3654 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 22:34 pm

Paper for me cause you can still get the freebies they sometimes put with mags but then not owning a tablet i don't know if they just post you them instead, do they?

giant man

Postby giant man » Wed Nov 07, 2012 08:15 am

Simon Masterson wrote:My love of reading Cycling Weekly (the one true cycling publication!) in paper form does conflict with my enthusiastic environmentalism (even if only on a 'reduce reuse recycle' level), but I don't yet own an iPad...

christ, you can't want much out of a cycling publication if you think that ..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding the right saddle is the holy grail for the cyclist, good luck, it may take some time .....

Cannock Chase

Postby Cannock Chase » Wed Nov 07, 2012 08:58 am

Have had to replace three windows after having swotted flies with my ipad..!!
So paper for me every time... :roll: :roll:
I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
Trek Madone - Carbon

Joeblack

Postby Joeblack » Wed Nov 07, 2012 09:07 am

andy 3654 wrote:Paper for me cause you can still get the freebies they sometimes put with mags but then not owning a tablet i don't know if they just post you them instead, do they?

No they don't, I don't get any cycling mags but I did get men's health on the iPad for a while until I went into a few shops and saw that I wasn't getting any of the free stuff like moisturiser and aftershave (handy for traveling :lol: ) but more importantly if they did a free book (on nutrition or abs or the like) then I would miss out on that also!!!!
One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Xcelerator

Postby Xcelerator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 21:56 pm

Very interesting, thanks for the replies and comments.

Seems about 50/50 paper vs digital.

Me, I'm still wavering. The only mag I get regularly at the moment is CW (paper edition) and thinking of subscribing to Pro Cycling which it has to be said has a really high quality feel to it in paper format.
Giant Defy 2

Velonutter
Lives Here

Postby Velonutter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 22:08 pm

Today I called The Cyclist Magazines and have to admit that I was pished off with their response.

They have produced 3 mags and I've kept putting it off as I have been busy ordering their special offer of pay £5 and get 3 copies either print, digital or both.

I called them up as I would quite like their current 3 copies, nope they can't supply that, even though their 3rd copy only came out today!!!

So I said OK then I'll subscribe for the digital copies and was told they had run out!!!! FFS how can they run out of digital copies.

I've written to Dennis publishing and complained.

Buckie2k5

Postby Buckie2k5 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 23:44 pm

paper because i get freebies with it. This weeks freebie... bike hooks, where the hell im gonna hang a bike i dont know but at least i have them lol.

crankycrank

Postby crankycrank » Thu Nov 08, 2012 19:37 pm

A paper magazine stuffed down the front of my shorts will increase my male profile. A tablet, not so much.

HasselHough

Postby HasselHough » Thu Nov 08, 2012 19:45 pm

Digital for me, sharing the download between my devices, iPad and iPhone means I can read my mag anytime, anywhere. And I'm sooooooooooo carbon nearly neutral :-))
Cube Acid 2011 MTB
Boardman Road Team....... yes i have had the BB re-greased :-)

Return to “Road General”