What to do when independent LBS provides rubbish service

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
sunburntknees

Re: What to do when independent LBS provides rubbish service

Postby sunburntknees » Fri Dec 14, 2012 23:08 pm

nunowoolmez wrote:OP, where abouts in London do you live. I use one LBS & one only, becuase they are quality. 2 Wheels Good in Hornsey/ Crouch End way. Converted to them after i was given some awfully bad service by a bike shop in Finchley (which will remain nameless). Nothing wrong with the work, just very poor customer service skills & extremely rude & unprofessional. 2 Wheels Good though are everything a LBS should be. Friendly, very helpful, proffesional & willing to go the extra mile. PM me if you need, but you can find em on Google. Worth the journey if you are not local.

I actually stopped going to 2 Wheels Good because I found them rude & and unprofessional!

That was a few years ago though, so maybe things have improved?

Is that a Finsbury Park kit the OP is wearing? If so, can he name the charlatans? They maybe near me and I need to avoid them!

TakeTurns

Re: What to do when independent LBS provides rubbish service

Postby TakeTurns » Sat Dec 15, 2012 15:55 pm

I dropped the bike off yesterday. When I got there I mentioned the fact nothing was working properly and that I wanted the cabling to be thoroughly checked. They were willing to get working on it immediately.

Returned that evening to collect the bike, everything seemed to be working well, they'd made a few alterations. I left the shop pleased with their response to not hesitate to come back if there were any issues. I rode the bike today -all seems well.

All in all, job done. However, that doesn't justify what initially happened. Will I go there again, probably not.

nunowoolmez wrote:OP, where abouts in London do you live. I use one LBS & one only, becuase they are quality. 2 Wheels Good in Hornsey/ Crouch End way. Converted to them after i was given some awfully bad service by a bike shop in Finchley (which will remain nameless). Nothing wrong with the work, just very poor customer service skills & extremely rude & unprofessional. 2 Wheels Good though are everything a LBS should be. Friendly, very helpful, proffesional & willing to go the extra mile. PM me if you need, but you can find em on Google. Worth the journey if you are not local.

I'm at Highgate. I've heard of 2WheelsGood, I will try them out, thanks.

sunburntknees wrote:I actually stopped going to 2 Wheels Good because I found them rude & and unprofessional!

That was a few years ago though, so maybe things have improved?

Is that a Finsbury Park kit the OP is wearing? If so, can he name the charlatans? They maybe near me and I need to avoid them!

Yes it's an FPCC kit, well spotted. The LBS is Archway Cycles. They did make things right in the end and were cooperative. However it's up to you if you use them or not.

Return to “Road General”