GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
adowling92

Re: GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

Postby adowling92 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 17:15 pm

Bwgan wrote:I'd be tempted to edit it so you can't see exactly where you live! Scum bags out there!!

Done :)

MartinB2444 wrote:The quality of the image looks great. Personally I prefer just to hear the sound of the ride rather than the added music. Are you able to mount it on the top of the bars to give a clearer view?

Cheers fella! I'll leave music off next time! Yeah you can do but it can get in the way.
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. --John F. Kennedy

adowling92

Postby adowling92 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 13:07 pm

MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
Pross wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:There's a lot of pavement riding whilst the road is empty.

Alot as in a tiny stretch between 2 roads, and a 200 meter stretch up the hill?

cougie wrote:Unless you are 8 or so - why are you riding on the pavement ? Did I miss the bike path sign ?

As you could see, i stopped at the top of it because i am asthmatic. Take your stupid comments somewhere else.
P.S - Cheers for the view.

A lot as in too much. And what has Asthma got to do with riding on the pavement ? I have asthmatic friends who don't do that.

I stopped at the top of the hill so i could use my inhaler. Clearly their asthma is a different severity.
And who are you to judge how much is too much?

If it was a footway and not a cycleway (which Ricky1980 suggests isn't the case anyway) then any length of riding on the pavement is illegal.

It's a cycle path.

Then you need to get the council to put up some signs and markings.

There are signs. I don't need to do anything.

adowling92

Postby adowling92 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 13:08 pm

MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:

cougie wrote:Unless you are 8 or so - why are you riding on the pavement ? Did I miss the bike path sign ?

As you could see, i stopped at the top of it because i am asthmatic. Take your stupid comments somewhere else.

A lot as in too much. And what has Asthma got to do with riding on the pavement ? I have asthmatic friends who don't do that.

I stopped at the top of the hill so i could use my inhaler. Clearly their asthma is a different severity.

I wasn't questioning why you stopped.

Well i wasn't gonna stop on the road at the top of the hill. I'd rather save the hassle of getting up on the pavement by doing it at the bottom. Go hassle someone else :)

Rob85_

Postby Rob85_ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 07:13 am

Quick question, I was looking into buying one of these but I cannot find anywhere the recording time in Megabytes etc of the different video qualities.

For example would I be able to record a ride of around 5 1/2 to 6 hours or would the largest memory card on a reasonable picture quality die out long before that?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Mikey41

Postby Mikey41 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 07:19 am

For mine, a 32gb card would do that on 720p mode, use a 64gb to be safe on 1080p. You will need two batteries to do it.
Giant Defy 2 (2012)
Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
Strava

Slowbike

Postby Slowbike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 08:36 am

I find a battery lasts just over an hour - so two batteries isn't enough unless you can charge the spare on the move.
You could power the unit from an external power source - but it won't fit in the standard housing with a cable in the side.
IIRC 32Gb will record 3hrs of 720 @ 50fps - so you'd need a 64Gb.

Battery life is the main killer.

SoSimple

Postby SoSimple » Wed Jul 31, 2013 19:37 pm

adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:

Well i wasn't gonna stop on the road at the top of the hill. I'd rather save the hassle of getting up on the pavement by doing it at the bottom. Go hassle someone else :)

Do you ever wish you hadn't bothered?

I read this hoping to find out about the GoPro Black rather the mindless pedantic crap that has hijacked this thread.

By the way, how is the Go Pro?

adowling92

Postby adowling92 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 20:17 pm

SoSimple wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
adowling92 wrote:

Do you ever wish you hadn't bothered?

I read this hoping to find out about the GoPro Black rather the mindless pedantic crap that has hijacked this thread.

By the way, how is the Go Pro?

Yeah some times mate! Obviously they had nothing better to do with their time. People who give out hassle to people for no reason are just pathetic.

Yeah the gopro is really good! Don't tend to record much on the road bike, more mountain biking on the chest mount or the full face camera mount, gives some good shots! Recorded myself landing myself in a&e a few weeks back by falling off the mountain bike and landing on my face!

On the whole, I'd recommend the gopro 3 black edition :) the wifi controller is a really good accessory too, and the gopro app is good because you can view what the camera sees on your phone and control everything from the phone.

Return to “Road General”