B Twin vs Tenn Cyling shorts

New to Cycling? Want some advice? Start here...
blackstick

Re: B Twin vs Tenn Cyling shorts

Postby blackstick » Sat Nov 24, 2012 00:20 am

I have got a Btwin padded shorts for 9.99 - labelled as for recreational use - I used it like 80 miles and loving it. Btwin stuff are of great quality and in cheap price. Coincidentally, on the same sportive I have a Tenn cycling gloves - they work really well and comfortable but on EvilBay they are becoming really expensive. Mine was 5.99 last year which jumped to 15+ I think.

RobertSims

Postby RobertSims » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

First commute (went the long way as enjoying myself so about 20 miles) in the bib shorts - never going back. No way no how, bib shorts all the way (with jogging bottoms over the top as bloody cold!)

Highly recommend BTwin 7 bib shorts (£30 on Decathalon) - thanks all for advice
Triban 3

Crouching Peeky

Postby Crouching Peeky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm

RobertSims wrote:THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

First commute (went the long way as enjoying myself so about 20 miles) in the bib shorts - never going back. No way no how, bib shorts all the way (with jogging bottoms over the top as bloody cold!)

Highly recommend BTwin 7 bib shorts (£30 on Decathalon) - thanks all for advice

I use the B-Twin bib tights and they keep me more than warm enough. Still feel a little concious walking through the office to my desk (shower kit in desk drawer)

littleprawn

Postby littleprawn » Tue Dec 11, 2012 13:43 pm

I use the B-Twin bib tights and they keep me more than warm enough. Still feel a little concious walking through the office to my desk (shower kit in desk drawer)[/quote]

You soon get over it. In the summer I did a Sky Ride and cycled home. I did not fuel enough for the ride home and basically was feeling the 'bonk' take effect. I walked into Tesco...bike in hand with 3/4 length lycra, grabbed the lucozade sport and paid...yes I had strange looks but never looked back.

Once you shed the lbs, you do not mind wearing the lycra and I still get looks on way from my office. My mate saw me when he popped round my home yesterday and creased up laughing....you just get use to it! :D
Cannondale CAADX 5 105
Trek T10

Return to “Road Beginners”