sub forum?

Where the BikeRadar team hang out. Discuss the website and the forums here.
Phil Fouracre

sub forum?

Postby Phil Fouracre » Thu Oct 04, 2012 20:10 pm

Hi - great site, spending way too much time on it according to my beloved

Have had a good trawl around and hope I am not speaking out of turn! Most of our bikes are road of some type so looked under this forum. Am I alone in feeling that there is no category for what I would call the very relaxed sight seeing cyclist? All seem to be quite serious. Perhaps if I say that we have folders, tourers, mtbs and electric you can understand where we are coming from. I guess you will say that our interest is spread over other sub forums - would appreciate knowing what you think .

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Re: sub forum?

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 09:36 am

Hi Phil.

There are various sections where that kind of stuff could be appropriate.

There's the viewforum.php?f=40003 Tour and Expedition area, which though has some pretty serious looking tours and expeditions, they'd see the value in a more sight-seeing orientated expedition or Tour ;).

There's also road general: viewforum.php?f=40013 for those more generic questions.

Finally, if all else fails, a quick post in cake stop: viewforum.php?f=40088 will be a good place.

After all, we're all cyclists ;) (in theory...).

Phil Fouracre

Re: sub forum?

Postby Phil Fouracre » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Rick

Many thanks for reply, I guessed that would be our suggestion - perfectly fair

The thought only occurred to me after speaking to someone when we were out one day and was discussing with another cyclist (new and nervous) who found forum a bit daunting

Started me thinking about all the new cyclists who aren't into racing, touring or into tuning , tweaking etc, they sounded a bit like us, keen to bike locally, shops, pubs, interesting venues

I suppose it is all a bit vague trying to pin categories down to much - just a thought, ah well

Phil

Return to “Discuss the website with the team”