Leaving, or staying?

Where the BikeRadar team hang out. Discuss the website and the forums here.
ghitchen

Postby ghitchen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 18:14 pm

Thanks Boris, was just about to say the same.
Yes, but apart from the elephants, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Mortiroloboy

Postby Mortiroloboy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 18:43 pm

Made my decision, I'm off to Cyclechat, seems like loads of C+ posters are there too, including favs like; Arch, Mr Paul Bigfatblokeonabike, Domtyler etc etc! come and join us, leave this godforesaken place while you can :twisted:
The contributor formerly known as - 2191flint

sam_walker

history is rhyming

Postby sam_walker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 21:33 pm

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Sun Jul 08, 2007 21:46 pm

I think I will hang about for a while. Like most I find change from the comfort zone unsettling but this does seem a bit big and soulless.

D :D

speshcp

Postby speshcp » Sun Jul 08, 2007 22:01 pm

With apologies to Latin scholars everywhere!

Veni Vidi Velcro. :wink:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)

madprofessor

Postby madprofessor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 07:10 am

As I no longer wish my presence on this forum to mistakenly swell the membership statistics, can anyone tell me how I cancel my membership and leave?

Yorkshireman

Postby Yorkshireman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 07:29 am

[quote="madprofessor"]As I no longer wish my presence on this forum to mistakenly swell the membership statistics, can anyone tell me how I cancel my membership and leave?[/quote]

As there`s no cancel facility in `Profile` it`s looking a bit like `Hotel California`.
You can try contacting Admin - I think that worked in C+.
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!

blacksun

Postby blacksun » Mon Jul 09, 2007 07:50 am

I'll be staying. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Most of you are crying over nothing.

This forum has some of the things your old forums had, and a little more. Once the little glitches are ironed out, it'll be a lot better, just give it time.

In short, stop spitting your dummy's and live with it. I assume most of you are over 18 years of age and can handle/accept change? If you can't cope with something as simple as this, how have you gotten this far in life? *shakes head*
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields

Cab

Postby Cab » Mon Jul 09, 2007 09:39 am

The old forum C+ had many things wrong with it. But I got to use my own name there at least.

Here I instead had to deduce what my new name might be from the tags on the end of other peoples usernames, and it transpires I can't use my own name any more. The new name is horrid, and I don't choose to use any name but my own. I'm kind of sickened by that, I'm rather less inclined to buy the magazine now aswell.

Simply put, I signed up for the old place with my name. Seemed like a decent deal. That deal changed, I'm not remaining here; I said I'd come back and check this week to see if any progress had been made on names, but it hasn't, so I'm out of here.

I'll also add that the sheer size of this forum is offputting; finding the content that is applicable to me is a nightmare. Teething troubles? Yeah, maybe, but I doubt I'll be back to find out.

Bye all. See you elsewhere, I hope.

penugent

Postby penugent » Mon Jul 09, 2007 14:49 pm

I don't see much wrong here and intend to stick around :D

I did like C+ but this place has potential and I like seeing a few new names.

Coochcp

Postby Coochcp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 06:33 am

Just got on here and while yes fellow C+'ers it's different all the complaining in the world isn't going to get the old fav back, I intend to hang around, I hope you old C+'ers will as well as together we had a great volume of knowledge and there were some amusing threads going (be nice to still be subscribed to them though).

Anyway why complain, can't change it, give it a few months and you might even like the extras this site brings?

Drfabulous0

Postby Drfabulous0 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 09:54 am

I'm going to have to change my vote and leave. It isn' that the forum is rubbish, it is because nothing is being done about it and there is nobody here. The most important part of a forum is the members and the posts and there are far too few of these. I've found somewhere better to go. I may look in to see if anything changes but I reckon it is already too late.

Bye

Return to “Discuss the website with the team”