sorry Bike radar but this sucks!

Where the BikeRadar team hang out. Discuss the website and the forums here.

deos this suck?

yes
48%
no
52%

Total votes: 71

Yorkshireman

Postby Yorkshireman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 21:15 pm

It is getting better, it's nearly there. We have alternating backgrounds in replies.
If any one wants a quick reply facility try clicking on "quote" and clearing the quote (might work ). I don't use the "New Posts" button as it seems to show all new posts from across all the fora. Once I'm in Road (usually) I can see at a glance by the colour of the symbol on the left, and the date of the post on the right where the recent posts are. Pressing Refresh (i'm using IE) updates all sections. I also use <Back, Forward> to navigate around ie Post, press Submit, wait for acknowledgement, and press <Back about 3 times quickly and you're back in the section (if you don't see your post press refresh ... and it's there. Hope this might help.
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!

Steve Austin

Postby Steve Austin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 21:45 pm

A serious question yorkshireman: How can you say its getting better when there have been four posts in soapbox all day?

I agree the functionality of the forum is getting better, but its deserted.

and the only folk posting are the (in the road section) race crew and mods from MBUK, and lots of very suspiciously new folk.
It may get better over time, but currently its a shadow of the previous forum, and i don't give a stuff about the rest of the site. Better resources out there anyway

St.D1ckie

Postby St.D1ckie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 22:10 pm

Steve Austin wrote:A serious question yorkshireman: How can you say its getting better when there have been four posts in soapbox all day?

I agree the functionality of the forum is getting better, but its deserted.

and the only folk posting are the (in the road section) race crew and mods from MBUK, and lots of very suspiciously new folk.
It may get better over time, but currently its a shadow of the previous forum, and i don't give a stuff about the rest of the site. Better resources out there anyway

not anymore.. BR made sure of that one !
Kona
[LiteralBikeCo]

WMB's Dude-o
Richard

Big Red S

Postby Big Red S » Thu Jul 19, 2007 22:33 pm

Yorkshireman wrote:IIf any one wants a quick reply facility try clicking on "quote" and clearing the quote (might work ).

It does work, but it's not really a quick reply. The thing I loved about Snitz was that you could scroll down and just enter your reply, without having to hit any buttons and change pages.
I've decided against joining other forums in the past purely because they don't have that, and so it's a right pain to respond to anything.

Yorkshireman

Postby Yorkshireman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 22:42 pm

Steve, I was meaning the functional aspect. It is empty in Road , mainly due to the fact that most of the C+ crowd have gone 'elsewhere' and appear to have settled in there (though there are a significant number of us who still post here as well). I can't understand why so many 'upped sticks' so rapidly. I know it was a bit of a mess here to start with but it was quite a big change, and a bit of a shock to the system but what the hell I've had far worse upheavals in real life and I would think others have too. As far as the quantity of posts are concerned - I notice that there has been a bit of action in Beginners, Cakestop and Gear & Know how, but as you point out the rest has been a bit dismal (I wouldn't know about the Race sections as I only look in there occasionally as I did on C+). I have tried to point out at CC that its a bit pointless carping on and sniping at other fora from within a different forum (plus I don't think that forum 'wars' solve any problems). All I can hope for is that more people gradually start/return to post here and get a bit of action going even if it's only a bit of daftness and light hearted backchat to begin with. I can see the increased opportunities here and I intend to make as much use of them as I can.
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!

Schmako

Postby Schmako » Fri Jul 20, 2007 09:50 am

I used to be able to spend ages on the old (MBUK) forum. This one doesn't even keep me interested for 5 minutes as there actually nothing of interest happening. Its just a clinical place for talking about bikes to me now. It used to be banter, but that dissapeared with the forum change. Oh well.

Return to “Discuss the website with the team”