The hour record

For those who like going round in circles
JSCL

Re: The hour record

Postby JSCL » Thu Sep 13, 2012 14:07 pm

A certain rider has been down at the Manc Velodrome this morning practicing in preparation for taking on the hour record. Not a Cav or a Wiggo however, because they are otherwise pre-occupied with the TOB :)

Trev The Rev

Postby Trev The Rev » Sun Sep 30, 2012 14:26 pm

The only reason the big names don't have a crack at the Athletes Hour is because they know they would fall well short.

Anyone who thought he could beat it would give it a try. Do you rally think an ego like Armstrong wouldn't have done it if he could?

I hope Wiggins is man enough to try.

Seeing as the top pros spend most of their working life riding a road bike rather than a time trial bike they have no excuse to avoid making an attempt.

Truth is, take the drugs, the aerodynamic equipment and the blood bags away from the modern pro and they fall well short of Boardman.

liquor box

Postby liquor box » Sun Sep 30, 2012 23:03 pm

If the graphics were up to date and they could sho his progress compared to other attempts then is would be awesome viewing provided he was within a few seconds of the record.

I wonder if you could add a digital Boardman and Obree on the track to have him in a virtual race?

lawrences

Postby lawrences » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 am

he would get really dizzy.

colinsmith123

Postby colinsmith123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 18:48 pm

liquor box wrote:I wonder if you could add a digital Boardman and Obree on the track to have him in a virtual race?

Similarly I've wondered whether it would be possible to have something akin to a speed control LED rope light embedded between the track and the Cote D'Azur to act as a pace virtual rider for training purposes.
Live to ski
Ski to live

JSCL

Postby JSCL » Wed Oct 10, 2012 15:15 pm

For those of you who didn't know, Boardmans hour record has now been beaten at the MCR velodrome. It was attempted yesterday morning - timed to coincide with the world masters due to the need for UCI officials to be present (which they are) - so, who'll be next?

Return to “Track”