Racing, Points and Categories

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
celbianchi

Postby celbianchi » Mon Mar 02, 2009 16:44 pm

ShockedSoShocked wrote: I had a look at the divisionals but I think I have to be a 3rd cat to enter. I'm going to stick an entry in for Ballatynes too, and hopefully I can tag along with some of the other lads if there's no racing around here.

The divs are open to all in the division. I am pretty sure of that.

Ballantyne is a good circuit, it is an out and back rather than laps, and the first long hill is within about 3 miles of the flag dropping. It's usually carnage and the bunch splits very early.
Last season there were only about 16 of us at the front end by the halfway point, no-one got away between there and the finish though until Chris Herbert attacked in the last mile and we all looked at one another!

ShockedSoShocked

Postby ShockedSoShocked » Tue Mar 03, 2009 00:54 am

celbianchi wrote:
ShockedSoShocked wrote: I had a look at the divisionals but I think I have to be a 3rd cat to enter. I'm going to stick an entry in for Ballatynes too, and hopefully I can tag along with some of the other lads if there's no racing around here.

The divs are open to all in the division. I am pretty sure of that.

I may have been looking at the North East Regional Road Race Championships. Can't see the divisionals on the calender!
"A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015

celbianchi

Postby celbianchi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 09:11 am

Shocked - that's them, the divs. And you're right the BC calendar says E/1/2/3 but I am sure that 4ths can ride as the event is supposed to be open to all licence holders. I'll check with our club sec.

ShockedSoShocked

Postby ShockedSoShocked » Tue Mar 03, 2009 14:34 pm

Congrats by the way wheeler on winning the first prime. I went for it as well, then hit the little kick after the finish line an thought i'm not doing that five times haha.

@ Cel. Apparently I might be able to sneak in if we put a team entry in, but i'll see what happens. We were considering doing it for the Easter 4 Day but I don't think it would be wise :oops:

PTP Runner Up 2015

celbianchi

Postby celbianchi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 18:13 pm

The 4 day is one hard race. Sometimes get a good number of elites and the better 1ats who aren't at the Girvan for whatever reason. I did it a couple of years back and was almost pleased to crash on stage 3 and end the miserable suffering.

Marcin Biablocki won it that year and he rode like a train.

wheeler585

Postby wheeler585 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 06:34 am

Thanks so shocked, tell me about it, after that sprint, i wish i never did it as i could have done without that hill afterwards, i just see myself getting slowly towards the back!!! Was gunna go for the 2nd but got stuck on the inside, by the tall bloke wearing a specialized top, dirty tactics me thinks mwahhh :wink:

Your riding eddie soens this weekend eh, didnt gibb win it last year?? Im off down to Derby to Darley moor for some closed circuit action to. If your not totally booked into soens and are enterinjg on the line, i have a spare seat in the car if you fancy Darley moor?

Chapters race should be good on the 22nd, might pay off to try and get out of that slow group at the start, no wonder we got caught on the 3rd lap, no one was working together.

Seacroft race on the 29th, which is over Selby way, cat 3/4, might stand some kind of chance ha! Get yourelf booked in
Up hup hup hup.....******* hate that!

celbianchi

Postby celbianchi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 08:33 am

wheeler585 wrote:Chapters race should be good on the 22nd, might pay off to try and get out of that slow group at the start, no wonder we got caught on the 3rd lap, no one was working together.

Chapters race I don't think is a pursuit is it?
If it's not then you needn't worry about the pace from the start as with the E/1's in it there will be people jumping about from the flag going in. Much more attacking racing than a 3/4 race by and large.

ShockedSoShocked

Postby ShockedSoShocked » Thu Mar 05, 2009 00:07 am

No I don't think Chapters is a pursuit.

Thanks for the offer wheeler but i've got a proper entry for the Soens (feels good being on the same list as some of the big hitters!). If I can't make it for whatever reason there's a team training weekend up at the Chapters hotel anyway, so i'll be heading to that.

PTP Runner Up 2015

Return to “Amateur Race”