Pokerface - World Champ!

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
Pross

Re: Pokerface - World Champ!

Postby Pross » Mon Feb 13, 2012 15:21 pm

Well done Colin, next stop Paralympic glory! What was the classification review all about?

Pokerface

Postby Pokerface » Mon Feb 13, 2012 18:58 pm

Pross wrote:Well done Colin, next stop Paralympic glory! What was the classification review all about?

Basically a few countries protesting because they are unhappy with how good I am. Think I am too good for the category I'm in - but I have now been through classification 5 times so there's no chance they have got it wrong.

Made massive leaps in performance in the past year - mostly because I train my ass off daily now whereas I didn't before. Can't be reviewed again now this year so am safe all the way through London.

Pic from the Team Sprint on the final day (me in front):
team_sprint2.jpg

SteveR_100Milers

Postby SteveR_100Milers » Mon Feb 13, 2012 23:31 pm

Nice one Colin. I know Mark Colbourne had to go through a classification check too. Looking good for later this year!

Pokerface

Postby Pokerface » Tue Feb 14, 2012 06:56 am

SteveR_100Milers wrote:Nice one Colin. I know Mark Colbourne had to go through a classification check too. Looking good for later this year!

Yeah - Mark was actually in the classification room before me! He was in for almost an hour though whilst mine went somewhat quicker. He's a friend and I'm pleased for him. He's definitely earned his stripes. I told him 4 months ago he would win, and I was right!

BeaconRuth

Postby BeaconRuth » Tue Feb 14, 2012 09:22 am

Many congratulations indeed Colin! Fantastic!

Out of interest, are most of your rivals on the track the same guys who you faced on the road?

Ruth

Pokerface

Postby Pokerface » Tue Feb 14, 2012 20:30 pm

BeaconRuth wrote:Many congratulations indeed Colin! Fantastic!

Out of interest, are most of your rivals on the track the same guys who you faced on the road?

Ruth

There are a few riders that ONLY do track (for instance the Chinese), but for the most part - it's the same people that I ride against on the road also.

CyclingNews has some images on their site also (including me): http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... ships-wrap

Matt the Tester

Postby Matt the Tester » Wed Feb 15, 2012 23:02 pm

top job once again colin! :) hope you had a stressless journey once you hit london! lol.

could you do me a favour please mate and PM the kind of disabilites you need to have to qualify for certain catagories?
Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
north west of england.

oldwelshman

Postby oldwelshman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 13:29 pm

Congrats on the gold Colin :D
I looked for your kilo, what happened there? I was expecting a time of about 1:15 to 1:17 for you, did you do 1:19 ? You probably did that in your splits for the pursuit ?

Pokerface

Postby Pokerface » Tue Feb 21, 2012 21:04 pm

oldwelshman wrote:Congrats on the gold Colin :D
I looked for your kilo, what happened there? I was expecting a time of about 1:15 to 1:17 for you, did you do 1:19 ? You probably did that in your splits for the pursuit ?

Quite simply - I was cooked by the time the Kilo came. Pursuit must have taken too much out of me.

However - two things I did wrong that I will remedy in the future for my kilo: use wider bars for starting and a bigger gear for a higher top speed.

My disability means I can only spin a gear effectively at a daily lower RPM than a normal person, so have to push a bigger gear to go faster, etc. Means a slower start but faster over the distance.

oldwelshman

Postby oldwelshman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 00:37 am

Pokerface wrote:
oldwelshman wrote:Congrats on the gold Colin :D

Quite simply - I was cooked by the time the Kilo came. Pursuit must have taken too much out of me.

However - two things I did wrong that I will remedy in the future for my kilo: use wider bars for starting and a bigger gear for a higher top speed.

My disability means I can only spin a gear effectively at a daily lower RPM than a normal person, so have to push a bigger gear to go faster, etc. Means a slower start but faster over the distance.

Thats the trouble with a kilo it is short distance. I am not sure what gear Jody uses but he does a damn fast time :D

mrc1

Postby mrc1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 13:08 pm

Couldn't find another thread on this but Colin is in the pursuit Bronze medal final at around 3 this aft.
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

FransJacques

Postby FransJacques » Sun Sep 02, 2012 20:18 pm

How did it go? Any results?

BTW, what category is Colin in? Cxx?
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
---------------

LangerDan

Postby LangerDan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 am

Threads here and here
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Return to “Amateur Race”