hillingdon car break ins

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
okgo

Re: hillingdon car break ins

Postby okgo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 22:31 pm

They do yes. £2 refundable deposit most of the time.

But they're not huge.
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

proto

Postby proto » Sat Jun 16, 2012 07:50 am

I've never been asked for a £2.00 deposit for a locker key.

A cycle racing facility in a predominantly Asian area? This must explain why Hillingon circuit has turned out to be such a white elephant, underused, unwanted, unloved. Hardly any races there, and very few riders :roll:

okgo

Postby okgo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 08:33 am

I have. But everyone is quite trusting and leaves stuff everywhere. Maybe not the best bet. It would be easy for bikes to go missing from those racks.
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

ugo.santalucia

Postby ugo.santalucia » Sat Jun 16, 2012 09:42 am

To be honest I feel very safe cycling around Southall and very unsafe cycling at the hillingdon circuit. The youths who attacked me with stones were not Asian. One was white, the other black...

So there

okgo

Postby okgo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 09:56 am

I don't feel that safe cycling around there, the standard of driving is terrible. And pedestrians seem intent on walking into the road regardless of what's coming.

This has been noted by lots of people I've ridden up with.

TGOTB

Postby TGOTB » Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:07 pm

Maybe siting the circuit in an area with a different ethnic bias to those already in the sport is actually a good thing, in that it may attract new people from different backgrounds to cycling. Certainly, Hillingdon Slipstreamers seem to attract members from a wider cross-section of the UK population than cycling in general.

Some may see Hillingdon solely as a racing circuit, but it's actually used by quite a few entry-level clubs and groups too...
Pannier, 120rpm.

ShockedSoShocked

Postby ShockedSoShocked » Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:13 pm

ugo.santalucia wrote:To be honest I feel very safe cycling around Southall and very unsafe cycling at the hillingdon circuit. The youths who attacked me with stones were not Asian. One was white, the other black...

So there

Try racing at Hetton up here, frequently have trollies pushed into the oncoming bunch by the locals.
"A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015

oldwelshman

Postby oldwelshman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 22:27 pm

Tom Dean wrote:Cycling is a minority sport in this country, I'm sure at any given race the vast majority of the riders will be from outside the immediate area. I'm not sure why you think race is relevant to this.

There certainly are some asian riders racing in London, For what it's worth. Maybe some of the non-asian locals are racing at Hillingdon and you haven't noticed.

Whatever you think about the location of race circuits, I responded because you seemed to be suggesting that the recent car break-ins were related to the ethnicity of the locals.

I know where Canning Town is.

I wasn't searching for something to be offended by, I posted on this thread before you did.

edited for typos

Just to let you know, before the race, there were several asians roaming round the entry area, now I see why, staking out the cars as we arrive. Then black bmw with 4 asians in break into two cars, related to ethnecity? looks like.

okgo

Postby okgo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 07:36 am

More cara done yesterday apparently. Be careful!

Tom Dean

Postby Tom Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2012 09:17 am

oldwelshman wrote:related to ethnecity? looks like.

No it doesn't.

oldwelshman

Postby oldwelshman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 am

Tom Dean wrote:
oldwelshman wrote:related to ethnecity? looks like.

No it doesn't.

ok it doesnt, they were 4 white welsh guys who disguised themselves as asian chavs who then stole a black bmw to rob my car

Tom Dean

Postby Tom Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:13 am

No one is disputing it was the guys you saw who robbed you FFS. They were asian. They robbed you. The two facts are not connected.

freeze77

Postby freeze77 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 13:07 pm

Shame this is happening I WAS going to give one of these races a crack but might stick to MK?!? Is there any way they can patrol the car park as a deterrent?? I know it means another volunteer etc etc or something as it seems these guys are getting regular success! to the point where everyone knows the car and how many guys and what they look like. People will be saying hello next! Not been to the facility but is there gates? Maybe shutting them on or near the start time when everyone goes to start line and cars are left unattended!?

I'll prob get ripped apart on this and these options have probably been addressed already.

Pete

ozzzyosborn206

Postby ozzzyosborn206 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 13:36 pm

i have raced there a few times and luckily not had anything stolen, just out of interest how did they get into the cars things were stolen from?

DavidJB

Postby DavidJB » Mon Jun 18, 2012 05:39 am

Tom Dean wrote:No one is disputing it was the guys you saw who robbed you FFS. They were asian. They robbed you. The two facts are not connected.

You really do have your head in the sand.

Tom Dean

Postby Tom Dean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 07:49 am

DavidJB wrote:
Tom Dean wrote:No one is disputing it was the guys you saw who robbed you FFS. They were asian. They robbed you. The two facts are not connected.

Really? please explain.

ozzzyosborn206

Postby ozzzyosborn206 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:59 pm

Tom Dean wrote:
DavidJB wrote:

Really? please explain.

how can you say the two facts are not connected, after saying that it could well be the asians he saw that robbed him? you have just connected the two incidents yourself.

Tom Dean

Postby Tom Dean » Mon Jun 18, 2012 17:25 pm

ozzzyosborn206 wrote:
Tom Dean wrote:
DavidJB wrote:

Really? please explain.

how can you say the two facts are not connected, after saying that it could well be the asians he saw that robbed him? you have just connected the two incidents yourself.

No I haven't.

What do you think the connection is?

morstar

Postby morstar » Mon Jun 18, 2012 20:11 pm

Is this amateur race or amateur racist?
There are Dodgy areas across this land that are majority white, black and Asian. I have no idea about the area you're going on about but I can surmise it is a less desirable area that happens to be majorityAsian. Surely nobody thinks the crime rate is any higher than other similarly deprived areas because of ethnic origin.

oldwelshman

Postby oldwelshman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 23:00 pm

Not a racist, just stating fact that 4 asians turned up in bmw and smashed window of two cars and robbed them, fact not fiction.

Return to “Amateur Race”