Ludgershall 4th Cat - Sat 2nd March - How to enter?

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
DavidJB

Re: Ludgershall 4th Cat - Sat 2nd March - How to enter?

Postby DavidJB » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm

cojones wrote:Did my second Ludgershall today. Conditions were awful, lots of surface water and a patch of oil on the apex of one bend. I did better than last week, clinging on for 5 laps before being dropped and 'only' being lapped twice. After starting at the front I fell to near the back of the pack and the concertina sprinting took it's toll on me and I simply couldn't keep up. Again, good experience and next time I'll try to keep toward the front of the bunch to avoid getting killed by the constant sprinting to keep up. I'm not sure I'll do it again next week as I'm not getting the race experience I want as I can't keep up with the able bodied riders.

I'm itching to do my first para race in two weeks time as that will give me a benchmark of the range of capabilities I'm up against. There's a gulf between me and the able bodied 4th Cats.

Might be off this week looking at the forecast.

AK_jnr

Postby AK_jnr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 13:55 pm

When/how would you find out if its off? I'm planning on racing there tomorrow and i'll be leaving early.

joe.90

Postby joe.90 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 15:08 pm

weather has to be pretty dramatic to stop racing there. the 1st round of the year was pissing down...

they have only cancelled 1 or 2 due to the snow.

Return to “Amateur Race”