LEAST bang for the buck

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
User avatar
Scrumple
Posts: 3140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 09:29 am

Postby Scrumple » Mon Feb 22, 2010 22:36 pm

touche

NapoleonD

Postby NapoleonD » Mon Feb 22, 2010 22:54 pm

Pokerface wrote:
NapoleonD wrote:
Pokerface wrote:Anything that measures power (PowerTap, SRM, etc). Although I have to admit I own one.




I'd rather have Rival and a powertap than Sram Red. !



You're a liar.


You'd rather have Sram Red and a Powertap than Sram Red.


I would. But I didn't lie!

Dombo6
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 07:37 am
Contact:

Postby Dombo6 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 15:49 pm

keef66 wrote:Carbon stem


Nooooooooooooooooooo! :(

User avatar
STEFANOS4784
Posts: 4020
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 15:11 pm

Postby STEFANOS4784 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 15:53 pm

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/zaaga/Items/cj_979


Obviously :roll:

Edit: They used to be on wiggle but can't be arsed to find a cycling specific website that sells them....

User avatar
blorg
Posts: 1129
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 15:27 pm

Postby blorg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 16:25 pm

Wiggle sell the bracelets.

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 28560
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Postby Rick Chasey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 16:35 pm

blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Have you seen the reviews? :shock:


Tell you what anyone who's reading, give me £5 and my super sonic micro diluting nothingness will help you destress, regardless of where you are in the world.


PM Me for details.

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Postby dennisn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 16:49 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Have you seen the reviews? :shock:


Tell you what anyone who's reading, give me £5 and my super sonic micro diluting nothingness will help you destress, regardless of where you are in the world.


PM Me for details.


The reviews are strange.
Do they make a triathlon specific one??? At double the price, of course????

User avatar
STEFANOS4784
Posts: 4020
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 15:11 pm

Postby STEFANOS4784 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 16:57 pm

blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Yeh that's the chappies, un-believable how stupid some people are...

User avatar
antfly
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 15:10 pm

Postby antfly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 17:11 pm

Have you read the Q and A`s ?
Even the wiggle guru thinks they are shite.
Smarter than the average bear.

User avatar
STEFANOS4784
Posts: 4020
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 15:11 pm

Postby STEFANOS4784 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 17:47 pm

wiggle wrote:A: A recent study from the university of York has the answer no.

"The trial involved 45 people aged 50 or over, who were all diagnosed as suffering from osteoarthritis. Each participant wore four devices in a random order over a 16-week period – two wrist straps with differing levels of magnetism, a demagnetised wrist strap and a copper bracelet.

The study revealed no meaningful difference between the devices in terms of their effects on pain, stiffness and physical function."

I'd use MY money on something of more use.



:lol: and people still buy them :roll:

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Postby dennisn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:07 pm

STEFANOS4784 wrote:
wiggle wrote:A: A recent study from the university of York has the answer no.

"The trial involved 45 people aged 50 or over, who were all diagnosed as suffering from osteoarthritis. Each participant wore four devices in a random order over a 16-week period – two wrist straps with differing levels of magnetism, a demagnetised wrist strap and a copper bracelet.

The study revealed no meaningful difference between the devices in terms of their effects on pain, stiffness and physical function."

I'd use MY money on something of more use.



:lol: and people still buy them :roll:


I can understand why. People are suffering and if it's bad enough they will try just about anything in the hopes of some relief. It's the people who think they will take 10 strokes off their golf game, by wearing one of these, that really kill me.

davidcambridge1
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:47 am

Postby davidcambridge1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:22 pm

What about a Titanium Racing Bell??

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/MKS_Titanium_Racing_Bell/5360043405/

£31.49???

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Postby dennisn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:36 pm

davidcambridge1 wrote:What about a Titanium Racing Bell??

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/MKS_Titanium_Racing_Bell/5360043405/

£31.49???


Well, obviously you're NOT a discerning fashionista. :wink: :wink:

Cal_Stewart
Posts: 1669
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 07:50 am

Postby Cal_Stewart » Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:46 pm

dennisn wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:
blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Have you seen the reviews? :shock:


Tell you what anyone who's reading, give me £5 and my super sonic micro diluting nothingness will help you destress, regardless of where you are in the world.


PM Me for details.


The reviews are strange.
Do they make a triathlon specific one??? At double the price, of course????


Love it. first place i saw one was at a my first sprint tri. Out of the say the "5 top boys" 3 or 4 most of had them. LMAO

Tri-athletes will buy anything, thats why they buy cervelo bikes :wink:

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 19:32 pm

davidcambridge1 wrote:What about a Titanium Racing Bell??

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/MKS_Titanium_Racing_Bell/5360043405/

£31.49???


I prefer to shout at people :D

User avatar
balthazar
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 09:15 am

Postby balthazar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 20:34 pm

blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Oh sweet Jesus. I must have been hiding somewhere because I wouldn't have believed that these things are real, and that people buy them. And I thought the Facebook login thing last week was impressive...

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Postby dennisn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 20:54 pm

balthazar wrote:
blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Oh sweet Jesus. I must have been hiding somewhere because I wouldn't have believed that these things are real, and that people buy them. And I thought the Facebook login thing last week was impressive...


Every now and then I think to myself that "Hey, I could come up with something really stupid like that". This, after seeing some strange new exercise rubber band thing or something that slices and dices everything, on the TV. My only problem is that when I come up with some whacked out idea I just can't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to buy it. I'm sitting on millions here and can't do anything about it. :wink: :wink:

dmclite

Postby dmclite » Tue Feb 23, 2010 21:16 pm

Rapha......................soigner bag ?

cougie
Posts: 19016
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 22:34 pm

Postby cougie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm

All of that Campag 11 speed kit is overpriced. Why did they think people want to ride around with that on their kit and pay to advertise it ?

I'd also add carbon handlebars that are no lighter than their alloy versions but are 7 times the price.

NapoleonD

Postby NapoleonD » Wed Feb 24, 2010 13:09 pm

dennisn wrote:
balthazar wrote:
blorg wrote:Wiggle sell the bracelets.


Oh sweet Jesus. I must have been hiding somewhere because I wouldn't have believed that these things are real, and that people buy them. And I thought the Facebook login thing last week was impressive...


Every now and then I think to myself that "Hey, I could come up with something really stupid like that". This, after seeing some strange new exercise rubber band thing or something that slices and dices everything, on the TV. My only problem is that when I come up with some whacked out idea I just can't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to buy it. I'm sitting on millions here and can't do anything about it. :wink: :wink:


I have a trionz bracelet, bought it as I thought it may help the pain and stifness in my leg where the bolts are. It does, especially in the cold.

Now, whether that's a mental thing (highly likely) I know or care not. It works for me!

Now, Machina Dynamica hi fi 'tweaks', that stuff is proper scary b0ll0cks!! Cell phone teleportation tweak anyone?

http://www.machinadynamica.com/
Last edited by NapoleonD on Wed Feb 24, 2010 13:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Road Buying Advice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: briantrumpet, dazz_ni45, Google Feedfetcher, homers double, on-yer-bike, Russboy and 18 guests