Have i done the right thing?

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
what brakes

Have i done the right thing?

Postby what brakes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:06 pm

ive just gone and bought a new Wilier izoard with chorus and fulcrum 1's! awsome! :D

now comes the bad thing! the mrs doesnt know? have i done the right thing? and will it be worth it as im fairly confident i will be sleeping in the garden for a fair old while? :twisted: :cry:

redddraggon

Postby redddraggon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:07 pm

Tell her it's a cheap hack from Halfords.
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

seanoconn

Postby seanoconn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:24 pm

I told my wife i got an amazing deal, hundreds of pounds off as it was an ex display model, complete lie. Hope you don't have a joint account or you're stuffed!

Rob Spedding

Postby Rob Spedding » Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:55 pm

Pretend you found it...

nicensleazy

Re: Have i done the right thing?

Postby nicensleazy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:59 pm

what brakes wrote:ive just gone and bought a new Wilier izoard with chorus and fulcrum 1's! awsome! :D

now comes the bad thing! the mrs doesnt know? have i done the right thing? and will it be worth it as im fairly confident i will be sleeping in the garden for a fair old while? :twisted: :cry:

I done this with a De Rosa some years ago, she didn't talk to me for a week......but it was worth it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JesseD

Postby JesseD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 22:04 pm

It's always better to apologise for something you have done than regret something you haven't :wink: :D :D :D :D
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

CarbonCopy

Postby CarbonCopy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 22:12 pm

Don`t sweat the small stuff. :lol:

Evil Laugh

Postby Evil Laugh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 22:20 pm

Everyone knows wilier are a proper budget make that print carbon look graphics onto the frames! You got it on sale at Argos, yeah?

Lie through your teeth, she'll only do the same about that new "Primark" handbag.

:wink:

I'm a bit screwed now. We're just about to finish building the missus' new bike up. It's gorgeous, I'd like it myself and she's over the moon with it but she now has a pretty good understanding of exactly how much bike bits cost having built it from the frame up.

I tried to blame it all on the exchange rates but she's not that stupid!

kingrollo

Postby kingrollo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 22:32 pm

what brakes wrote:ive just gone and bought a new Wilier izoard with chorus and fulcrum 1's! awsome! :D

Easy solved

Say to your Mrs - Ive ordered a bike that cost £4k

Your Mrs Will say '£4k - we could have had a car for that' - let her rant a little ....and then say ......Actually it was only £2k !!!!!!

She will say £2k - I suppose thats not so bad

Great Bike - Should have gone ultegra though !

I told my wife I was buying an izoard for £2.5k - when I brought a kuota for £1.5k - she was actually ok about it .....so it does work !

what brakes

Postby what brakes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 22:42 pm

funnily i was gunna go ultegra! but thought italian + italian fits well and i like the carbon on the campag stuff. not that it would bother me mixing stuff up as i normally like to be different. :lol:

Trouble is the mrs isnt stupid at all! she's rather switched on! when i got my other bike it cost me £1300 and i said i got it on a cycle to work scheme that only allows a max of £600. :oops:

Mind you i have sweetened her with a holiday that im meant to be booking! i will book that and tell her about it when my bits turn up and she finds them! that might help alittle. :roll:

It should be a very nice ride so will be worth a week of silence! infact maybe i should go for 2 weeks of silence by getting super record! now thats a good idea! hmmm

kingrollo

Postby kingrollo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 14:18 pm

what brakes wrote:funnily i was gunna go ultegra! but thought italian + italian fits well and i like the carbon on the campag stuff. not that it would bother me mixing stuff up as i normally like to be different. :lol:

Trouble is the mrs isnt stupid at all! she's rather switched on! when i got my other bike it cost me £1300 and i said i got it on a cycle to work scheme that only allows a max of £600. :oops:

Mind you i have sweetened her with a holiday that im meant to be booking! i will book that and tell her about it when my bits turn up and she finds them! that might help alittle. :roll:

It should be a very nice ride so will be worth a week of silence! infact maybe i should go for 2 weeks of silence by getting super record! now thats a good idea! hmmm

I know what you mean - although my Kouta cost £1500 - the sweeteners cost a whole lot more:-

Family holiday £2k
Widescreen TV £600
Fridge & Patio Door £900

only then could I buy my new bike !

APIII

Postby APIII » Sat Feb 27, 2010 14:25 pm

When I got my new bike last week I made sure the wife got something too. She wasn't over the moon with the tumble dryer, more quietly pleased, but it seemed to help :D

Bigpikle

Postby Bigpikle » Sat Feb 27, 2010 14:28 pm

tell her you won a competition and first prize was the bike...

TBH as long as my bikes look the same (black) I seem to be able to get away with it :lol:

kingrollo

Postby kingrollo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 17:18 pm

APIII wrote:When I got my new bike last week I made sure the wife got something too. She wasn't over the moon with the tumble dryer, more quietly pleased, but it seemed to help :D

Brilliant !

what brakes

Postby what brakes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 20:42 pm

i was gunna try and get a blue bike and just swap them over! but the bike i wanted doesnt come in blue! lol plus red is faster everyone knows that! :roll:

Just hope the bike is worth all the expense and effort! :oops:

Sicknote

Postby Sicknote » Sat Feb 27, 2010 21:44 pm

nicensleazy wrote:

I done this with a De Rosa some years ago, she didn't talk to me for a week......but it was worth it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if that would work for me lol
( starts looking at new bike :wink: )

Return to “Road Buying Advice”