Road or hybrid?

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
nannon27

Road or hybrid?

Postby nannon27 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 08:18 am

Hi,
I am just about to buy a bike through our cycle to work scheme.

I will mainly be cycling on quite hilly roads to work but there are a few tracks that i can also use. I also will be using it while on holiday in the Isle of wight

I am planning on doing the London to Paris bike ride once I have done some training and so want the bike to be suitable for this.

It needs to be able to have panniers on it so I can take my things to work and also for the ride for my day to day things (not all my luggage as this is transported by a van)

I want to know whether I should get a road bike or hybrid?
I have been looking at the saracen Urban ESC Women's 2010. it says that it is a lightweight one and is closer to a road bike than a mountain bike. Ive then also at the Dawes
Giro 200 2010 and Claud Butler San Remo 2010.

I didnt know whether if i get a road bike I will then be completly limited and unable to use it for the tracks near where i live (not rough just a little stony). But then on the other hand, if i get a hybrid, if it will be too heavy and make things difficult on my cycle to work and for the London to Paris.

Hope you can help

Neil McC

Postby Neil McC » Tue Sep 14, 2010 09:52 am

You'll probably be better off posting this in the road buying advice forum http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40042

:)

Return to “Road Buying Advice”