Measured up for a Ribble

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
SeeFarr

Measured up for a Ribble

Postby SeeFarr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 18:02 pm

Is it possible to go to Ribble for a bike fitting or is it strictly online only? I only ask as it'll be my first road bike and I want it to be right.

NapoleonD

Re: Measured up for a Ribble

Postby NapoleonD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 18:16 pm

you can go to them.
Twitter - @NapD
Strava - Dense Voigt

Evs78

Postby Evs78 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 19:36 pm

Yeah,they have a small showroom/store adjoining the warehouse. I bought a gran fondo a couple of years ago though and because I travel past there quite a bit, went in to see if I could get an idea on fitting. Being honest, the level of service wasn't great - "I'd go for a medium" was about as much advice as I got.

That said, I went for it and have been well chuffed with it and I thought it was great value for money.

Cheers

Evs
All the gear and no idea...

smidsy

Postby smidsy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 22:15 pm

Evs78 wrote: Being honest, the level of service wasn't great - "I'd go for a medium" was about as much advice as I got.

That said, I went for it and have been well chuffed with it and I thought it was great value for money.

Cheers

Evs

And that is exactly why they are the way everyone seems to say they are.

If people are buying their stuff there is no incentive for them to be any better.
Yellow is the new Black.

monsterhill

Postby monsterhill » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Forget the previous comments.
I've very recently bought a Ribble New Sportive form there, as this was my first road bike.
All I can say is the level of service is second to none, especailly Matt's in the showroom.
I went in to be measured up and ask for genral advice, then 2 hours later i walked out of the showroom with a big smile on my face and the order confirmation in my hand.
A few weeks later I received my bike, and i have not looked back since.
I did have a few niggly issues but i think this was down to me being a newb, but again they were more than happy to help me.
Go for it, you wont regret it! :D

Return to “Road Buying Advice”