Canyon Ultimate CF | 6.8 Kg Non-Stock

Show off your bikes here...
Gabbo

Re: Canyon Ultimate CF | 6.8 Kg Non-Stock

Postby Gabbo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 18:55 pm

EKIMIKE wrote:Chorus crankset only! I spent the extra because it is Ultra Torque so you can do it with normal tools (i.e. cut the end of a 12mm(or whatever it is) allen key and use an extended socket). Can't justify splashing out on the rest of the groupset given the cost of 11 speed chains and cassettes. Also having the slightly older Centaur levers that do multiple shifts in both directions means no reason for Chorus.

Anyway, the frame's a 56cm and the stem is 110mm. The bars are Ritchey Logic II shape. Yes, it is a small frame for someone my height (~6' 1 1/2" or ~186cm to be more precise). I'm all legs with a short torso and short arms. So i'd recommend a 58cm for normal people who are the same height.

(It fits me perfectly by the way. Set up the same as my Bianchi Via Nirone give or take +/-1mm and I never get any back issues or other discomfort, even on long rides)

Ah. You see, although I'm also all legs, I've got rather long arms at the same time. 58 sounds perfect for me then! :D

Nice bike btw (Have I said that already? :wink: )

EKIMIKE

Postby EKIMIKE » Mon Mar 25, 2013 19:02 pm

Cheers. Not the best to look at but in terms of functionality it does the job extremely well! A damn good frameset.

Gabbo

Postby Gabbo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 19:15 pm

EKIMIKE wrote:Cheers. Not the best to look at but in terms of functionality it does the job extremely well! A damn good frameset.

Oh it is. Doesn't look bad in the slightest. The red compliments it well. I think the newer Ultimate CF lacks more character

Return to “Your Road Bikes”