Death of a Cruiserweight (page 5)

Show off your bikes here...
BR 1979

Re: Pasteys Cube Litening Super HPT Titanium W.I.P.

Postby BR 1979 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 am

pastey_boy wrote:Here she is mid build, I have got my saddle height right and reach wise it feels pretty good. Bars need rotating a bit.

Spoke count looks a bit low for a Billy Bunter.

awsm

Postby awsm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 am

Looking good, if it's 6al/4v as being suggested that is a serious bargain.

I reached out to Lynskey/Cube and the retailer and so far have heard back from Lynskey and the retailer:

Lynskey:

The Cube frame you inquired about was built with the Cube specs the only thing I would have is the geometry which is shown on the link you sent.
You may be able to Google this it was a 08-09 model frame for Cube to find more info on this frame.

Retailer:

The official bill from Cube states this frame as a 2012 version, the actual decal styling is from 2011 (Cube does not have Titanium bikes in their product range anymore).

The tech-specs are of a 2009 bike (non-pressfit, non tapered).

These are probably frames that Cube saved because of possible warranty-issues (for other damaged frames) and are now not needed anymore.

-----

Pretty interesting stuff. I'm finding it more and more difficult not to pull the trigger myself. You're not going to get a 6al/4v new Ti frame for a better price anywhere.

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 am

BR 1979 wrote:
pastey_boy wrote:Here she is mid build, I have got my saddle height right and reach wise it feels pretty good. Bars need rotating a bit.

Spoke count looks a bit low for a Billy Bunter.

I thought i would take a punt with the wheels, Shimano wheels tend to be tough for their given weight and I like the cup and cone hubs, I have a set of 32h mavic open pro ceramic rims on nova tec hub i built myself but they are 1750 grams compared to the 1520 gram rs80's. The rs80's seem as comfy as the mavics but the weight difference is very noticable. I have put a few miles in on pretty bad roads on the shimano's and after a little tinker after their first outing they have been solid.
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

siamon

Postby siamon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 14:59 pm

So it looks like Pastey_boy has got a bit of a result! (in more ways than one) Fair play!

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 16:04 pm

siamon wrote:So it looks like Pastey_boy has got a bit of a result! (in more ways than one) Fair play!

This is one of my favourite ever threads, the comedy is far more interesting than the actual build :D
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 17:24 pm

Still waiting for blingy blue cable adjusters and bar tape so this is as far as I can go today. Decided to go with the sram red chainset, I swapped the original black sram rings for a set of FSA rings, the FSA rings are slightly lighter, shift better and never look scruffy due to anodising wearing off the teeth. The sram chainset is still running on the wheel manufacturing ceramic BB which i was able to convert to GXP by using a converter kit made for Token BB's. The kit was only £4.99 and it works a treat although it won't work with all hollowtech std BB's. The Ti cage weighs a scant 22grams and was only £17.50 courtesy of Ebay. Brakes are Planet X cnc SL brakes with Ti hardware fitted with Sram red brake pads also with ti hardware and swisstop pads. Headset is a very light crank bros cobalt xc, only 62 grams and purchased for £12 new. The stem is a 100mm forged/cnc'd ti model from J&L via ebay It was just under £100 and weighs 103 grams. the top cap is a carbon fsa model with a blue anodised ti bolt. Bars are Planet X Nano light sl compact drop 44cm and weigh 210 grams.
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

nathancom

Postby nathancom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 17:48 pm

Aesthetically, I would get an Blue headset, cane creek, hope and chris king all do one, and a white stem to match forks and handlebar, otherwise looks great to me.

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 18:06 pm

nathancom wrote:Aesthetically, I would get an Blue headset, cane creek, hope and chris king all do one, and a white stem to match forks and handlebar, otherwise looks great to me.

The Crank Bros headset has a blue top cover and its much lighter than anything else on the market. I think a white stem would be too much white and i think the ti stem matches the ti post but having said that, some of my efforts on here both road and mtb have not always been the most aesthetically pleasing. See below for proof of this
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

Beatmaker

Postby Beatmaker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 20:18 pm

pastey_boy wrote:
nathancom wrote:Aesthetically, I would get an Blue headset, cane creek, hope and chris king all do one, and a white stem to match forks and handlebar, otherwise looks great to me.

The Crank Bros headset has a blue top cover and its much lighter than anything else on the market. I think a white stem would be too much white and i think the ti stem matches the ti post but having said that, some of my efforts on here both road and mtb have not always been the most aesthetically pleasing. See below for proof of this

My poor eyes!!!!

This thread has been seriously entertaining, especially when Cruiserweight got himself busted. The best of it was, it was so transparent, even without him getting his logins confused.

Seriously nice Cube Pastey, thinking of pushing the button myself.

NapoleonD

Postby NapoleonD » Thu Oct 04, 2012 20:25 pm

Oh what a quality finish to the thread :D
Twitter - @NapD
Strava - Dense Voigt

andy46

Postby andy46 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 21:20 pm

Why would anyone go to the trouble of making 2 accounts :lol:

For what it's worth, the bike is coming along nicely. Hope you enjoy it.
2009 Scott Spark 50

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 21:34 pm

andy46 wrote:Why would anyone go to the trouble of making 2 accounts :lol:

For what it's worth, the bike is coming along nicely. Hope you enjoy it.

the guy set his stall out, he came up with page upon page of nonsense then when i finally had lynskey themselves prove the origin of the frame it made him look like a massive bell end so he invented imaginary friends in an attempt to debunk my information. all in all this thread turned into a comedy masterpiece and im sure cruiserweight will be back one way or another.
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 21:35 pm

NapoleonD wrote:Oh what a quality finish to the thread :D

i bought Bette back just for you xxx
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

Paul 8v

Re: Death of a Cruiserweight (page 5)

Postby Paul 8v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 23:00 pm

The bike loks great but the thread is better, creating a duplicate account to try and prove a point? Genius, the internet needs more nutters like this, most entertaining!

Return to “Your Road Bikes”