My new Canyon CF SLX

Show off your bikes here...
shamrock134

Re: My new Canyon CF SLX

Postby shamrock134 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 21:43 pm

So what are the R-Sys wheels like to ride?

bickers

Postby bickers » Tue Nov 06, 2012 09:40 am

shamrock134 wrote:So what are the R-Sys wheels like to ride?

Their Ksyrium SLRs rather than Rsys although i dont think there is a massive difference.

Hard to judge as ive only done a small ride and the whole thing feels different. The brake blocks were in really close and even when lugging my 86KG+ up hills out of the saddle they didnt seem to be flexing at all. The rear wheel+tyre+cassette is insanely light

Gabbo

Postby Gabbo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 07:52 am

Its beautiful in white. Some people prefer the stealth look but white is a great colour nonetheless. It makes sure you clean your bike often :-)

FransJacques

Postby FransJacques » Sat Mar 16, 2013 18:31 pm

That bike is stunning. This is a prime example of how good Campag looks on an all-white bike. The other is of course Nibali's new Specialized. Campag and deep white paint is pure sex. Don't know why but who cares, it just works.

Forget the salt water and carbon. It might get to your bearings but be sure to wash the bike with a hose and spray lube RIGHT after bathing it. It'll be fine.

Sailboats have had carbon masts/booms/spinnaker poles for 20 years without corrosion issues. The boat I sail is 14 years old still with the original mast and boom. No issues. People talk out of their asses a lot so just ignore.
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
---------------

pride4ever

Postby pride4ever » Sat Mar 16, 2013 18:42 pm

Gabbo wrote:Its beautiful in white. Some people prefer the stealth look but white is a great colour nonetheless. It makes sure you clean your bike often :-)

Agreed, all these stealth builds are boring as ass. You dont even know what make they are unless they are parked up outside a cafe which is where you find most of them lol.I Like Canyon though, although by the looks of things they are gonna be like Cervelo soon and be the Vauxhall of road bikes.
the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Sat Mar 16, 2013 18:49 pm

sweet as a nut. The wheels set off the white frame nicely.

Gabbo

Postby Gabbo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 19:53 pm

They will be the vauxhall of the bike world once they get other companies to distribute their bikes. Though these bikes seem to be everywhere on BR, and Specialize are everywhere on the road.

The stealth look certainly get's a bit boring nowadays.

Return to “Your Road Bikes”