Bike Demo Day website feedback

The Forum for all things related to the Demo Days
stumpy_2007

Dalby Demo Day 22nd March

Postby stumpy_2007 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 19:18 pm

Hi there,

Well this is less like feedback and more of a question really.

I'm new to this idea, I have booked one bike so far and I would like to know what the score is regarding how long you get the bike for on the day and if you can take it wherever you like within the forest boundry or wether you have to stick to a specific route. I have booked a Norco Faze 2 for the 10:15 to 11:00 time slot, does this mean you only get each bike for 45 minutes? because that will make organising a days biking with your mates pretty tricky especially if you can't get the bike you want to test, in the right size AND at the right time.

Otherwise this seems like a good idea to me and one that can benefit everyone involved.

Paul.

MC1

Postby MC1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 08:24 am

Hi Paul,

You get 45 minutes for a test ride. A route will be marked out for you but if you know the area well you are welcome to ride where you like, as long as you have the bike back in time.

Ta
Matt

stumpy_2007

Postby stumpy_2007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 21:39 pm

Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

Paul.

IBEX MTB SINCE 1984

Demo Days Calender

Postby IBEX MTB SINCE 1984 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Although I could book a demo bike it would not show on my calendar, so I will probably give it a miss to avoid disappointment.
I think the format is too convoluted and it would be easier to have a table into which you insert your name next to the bike you want to ride. This would also save users wasting their time trawling through bikes that have already been booked.

tonka

Postby tonka » Tue Mar 03, 2009 19:55 pm

M.Cole wrote:Hi Paul,

Yep it's based in Glyncorrwg.

Utility bills for yourself will be fine for your brother.

No deposit - just bring helmets and if you use clipless pedals, please bring your own shoes and pedals and they will be fitted on the bikes for you.

Ta, and enjoy.

Maybe it would be a good idea to update your website, as the directions/locations are stated as being at Afan visitor centre and not Glyncorrwg!

MTB event on the 8th March at Afan by the way!

I can imagine you'd have a few unhappy people turning up on Sunday at Afan, paying to park, only to find the actual event is several miles down the road, relocate and pay to park again in Glyncorrwg!

knobblyknee

Cannock Chase Demo

Postby knobblyknee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 20:12 pm

Just thought it worth a quick e-mail to say thanksfor a great Demo Day at Cannock Chase on 22nd Feb. Turned up early and managed to get a ride on one of the Treks, no problem. Even went back to the same stand and tried one of the Gary Fishers later in the day. All the staff were very obliging and did their best to get you on the ride of your choice.

n-wheelie

bike demo days glentress

Postby n-wheelie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:48 am

Hi,
a fault with booking system means ive lost a santa cruz and a cotic test.
according to my bike test calendar i still have a db booked but when i try to print its not there. (need printed calendar on the day)

poor show guys..... not impressed.

:(

turbodog

Postby turbodog » Wed Mar 04, 2009 08:12 am

yep me too. I lost a chance to test two great bikes... many thanks to technical booking failure. I cannot rebook them.

that is a poor booking system, not acceptable at all.

jackfeeder

Postby jackfeeder » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Seeing as I left booking a bike too late for tomorrow at Afan will they still let you take them out on the day if they are not busy?
Will the Trek ones will be available on the day still?
Ta.
All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.

MC1

Postby MC1 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Yeah i would think so jackfeeder - if there's nobody booked to ride the bike and it's going spare - it's yours!

ollygraham

Postby ollygraham » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:57 pm

really good idea but let down by tech - I had all of my bikes booked and them got any email saying something had gone wrong and i needed to rebook. Only problem is that all the bikes i wanted to ride are now booked so no point in me coming not happy :(

turbodog

Postby turbodog » Fri Mar 06, 2009 13:21 pm

ollygraham wrote:really good idea but let down by tech - I had all of my bikes booked and them got any email saying something had gone wrong and i needed to rebook. Only problem is that all the bikes i wanted to ride are now booked so no point in me coming not happy :(

Aye, it is very annoying!

jackfeeder

Postby jackfeeder » Sat Mar 07, 2009 23:16 pm

Went to Glyncorrwg today for the road bike demo day. didn't book any rides as the Trek bikes were the ones I really wanted to try and you couldn't pre-book those.
Looked at this forum and website on Fri - no mention of the fact that the demo day was cancelled.
So I wasted 1 1/2 hours of my time plus petrol to go all the way there to find f### all. To say I'm not happy is an accurate description.
Cancelled due to lack of interest was the reason they told me in the shop.
Perhaps if there were more sizes available to ride people would have booked, only Trek had a decent range of sizes. Why did they not turn up when you could only book them on the day.
Why not combine it next time and have it on the same day as the MTB's, I might get a ride on at least something then.
If the reason was it was based at a MTB centre then that's boll#cks frankly. There are enough road riders/clubs in South Wales and the Dragon ride is based around this area.
Another location next time possibly?
If the tone of this post is deemed provocative then I don't really care as I am still p#ssed of tonight. I just hope whoever turns up tomorrow for the MTB day has more f#cking luck than me today.
Next time I'll take my MTB as a back up (if I bother to go again), at least then I won't have wasted my time. :evil:
All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.

John Stevenson

Postby John Stevenson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi Jackfeeder

Our sincere apologies for your wasted journey. We decided to cancel rather later than we should have and overlooked putting a notice on the site to that effect. Entirely our fault and a mistake we won't repeat.

I've emailled you more, so please check your mail, but I just wanted to publicly acknowledge your perfectly reasonable complaint.

Cheers

john
John Stevenson

jackfeeder

Postby jackfeeder » Mon Mar 09, 2009 13:34 pm

Ok thanks John - my post was a product of disapointment and frustration as this was the only chance to do this in my area for the year.
I'll check my email later and reply.
Was I the only one to turn up I wonder? Now that would have been great if all the bikes had been there!

John Stevenson

Postby John Stevenson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 13:42 pm

Actually, check your PMs please - the email address we have for you has bounced.
John Stevenson

jackfeeder

Postby jackfeeder » Mon Mar 09, 2009 14:48 pm

I have updated my email address now, should be fine.

paulscutt

Postby paulscutt » Mon Mar 09, 2009 18:45 pm

Went to Glyncorrwyg yesterday - had a great time despite that crappy weather!

Just a quick question - call me vain, but is there any chance I can get to see the picture you were taking of us as we came down the end of the trail?? Is there a big gallery for each demo day? if not - would be a great idea as i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd love to find our action photos!!

Many thanks,
**2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's

zero303

Postby zero303 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 am

I believe I speak for many when I say this - Where are the Goddam pics!! :D

MC1

Postby MC1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:19 am

Still waiting to hear from the photographer. You'll be the first to know when we get em.

Return to “Bike Demo Days”