BR demodays ........

The Forum for all things related to the Demo Days
lawman

BR demodays ........

Postby lawman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 am

now this might seem a silly question, butting having supposidly booked a zesty 514 to ride, the site now states that its on the day booking only :? now i dont mean to moan or anything, but ive booked the bike, i want to know if I'VE booked it and if i will be able to ride it :evil: it seems unfair that ive booked it and as things stand at the minute it appears that if some random gets there before me i could miss out, despite the fact i booked the bloody thing :?

come on guys sort it out :roll:

MC1

Postby MC1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:12 am

Lawman - the guy in charge of Demo Days is away from the office today, but i'll ask him what the deal is when he's back.

Big Southern Jesse

Postby Big Southern Jesse » Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:22 pm

Sorry to make this point, but lawman, that is the whiniest "oh my god I'm 5 and someone stole my lolly" post I've ever read.

I'm sure you would have got a much more positive response from a quick email straight to the office asking for confirmation, rather than moaning out here.

Still, hope you get the ride and that the bike is worth it!

Wow, I started posting in the Crudcatcher, and finished in here! Moved as I was posting, to a much better place! Sorted by someone. :D
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

lawman

Postby lawman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:45 pm

yer i know its whiny but i wanted to make a point, you'd be pretty pi55ed off if you booked a say a holiday (rather different i know) and then you arrive and someone else got there first and had it instead

lawman

Postby lawman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:45 pm

oh and thanks M.Cole :)

Big Southern Jesse

Postby Big Southern Jesse » Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:50 pm

Fair point, I know I'd have been horrified if my bike had been sent to someone else rather than arriving today, but I'd contact the people in charge rather than the forum.

Hope it gets sorted! :D
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.

The world's ultimate marmite bike

Old Pedaller

Postby Old Pedaller » Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:00 pm

Can't say I agree - it is letting us all know that we should check our booking diary, which I can't now find on the website. I lost my bookings last year due to a fool up, not on my part, so I'm now getting worried about this year.

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 16:09 pm

sorry to be a winging ars* but i still havent heard anything from you bikeradar guys regarding this issue :? starting to get a little peed off now .............

jamescw

Postby jamescw » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Right, sorry for the delay, here's the score:

Hotlines, the distributor of Lapierre, Ragley, Lynskey, Ghost and Tomac, decided to go for on-the-day bookings only, to allow a proper amount of time between slots to prep the bikes ready for the next rider.

Due to an error on our part, these bikes were open for booking for a day or so when the site went live, allowing people to book timeslots. It was then changed to on-the-day bookings only. Therefore, if you made a booking on these bikes, it currently does not stand.

We are discussing this situation with Hotlines, due to the high number of bookings made, and will update you early next week on any change to this situation. Our experience with on-the-day bookings in past years has been positive, with everyone able to ride the bikes they wanted, but obviously if you've made a booking and it now doesn't stand, this is not ideal. Sincere apologies for the confusion.

mark1892

Postby mark1892 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 14:03 pm

Has this been sorted out/confirmed/been announced anywhere apart from here?

My bookings are all still there. Does this mean when i travel to the other side of the country I might not get a bike that i want :roll:

lawman

Postby lawman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 19:07 pm

jamescw@BikeRadar wrote:We are discussing this situation with Hotlines, due to the high number of bookings made, and will update you early next week on any change to this situation. .

well good as it is you stated this its now nearly three weeks later and nothing has been comfirmed yet :?

lawman

Postby lawman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 17:20 pm

right seriously this whole episode has been a complete pain in the ars*. went back on the demo day website to help a friend out, and he wanted to try a lapierre x-control, which to my amazement was avaiable for booking, out of curiosity i looked at the zesty which i originally booked (but was told it wasnt availalbe for booking), is now availabe to book again. after specificallty asking for details of what was going on, and hearing nothing for over a month, im pretty peeved that i was not informed of this change of heart, as the time slots i booked originally, but were deleted due to the mistake, were no not free. ive had no problems with bikeradar or any demodays in the past, but this is stupid :roll: i only want to test a freakin bike, but due to bikeradars apparent incompetance, im now going to miss out on this oppertunity to ride familar trails on a bike i am likely to purchase soon, and therefore will now have to make a rather large judgement by trying to find a place that still has stock of this popular bike and ride it round a bloody carpark, which when im considering parting with the best part of three grand on a bike, i think im entitled to give a proper test first :evil: thanks a bunch for making this far more bloody complicated than it has to be.
Last edited by lawman on Sat Feb 27, 2010 17:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy

Postby Andy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 17:22 pm

lawman wrote:but due to bikeradars apparent incopetance

:lol:

lawman

Postby lawman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 17:30 pm

Andy wrote:
lawman wrote:but due to bikeradars apparent incopetance

:lol:

hey im dislexic leave me alone :roll:

MC1

Postby MC1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 am

lawman - i can't comment as to why the bikes were available to book, and are now not - what i can say from experience is that if you turn up to demo the Lapierre bikes on the day, there should be plenty of time/chance for you to ride what you want, even though you can't book in advance.

Mrs Toast

Postby Mrs Toast » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:58 am

Glad I saw this thread, t'husband is still under the impression all of his bikes (including the brands from Hotlines) were booked. :/

The problem with on the day bookings are that you can't actually get anything sorted until you get to the venue. For example, we were planning on getting there just before 11, with the first bikes booked at 11. Now if we get there at that time, we could be waiting hours before a bike becomes available - this was our experience of the Specialized & Giant Demo Day last year, that was book on the day only.

mark1892

Postby mark1892 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 20:02 pm

Mrs Toast wrote:Glad I saw this thread, t'husband is still under the impression all of his bikes (including the brands from Hotlines) were booked. :/

The problem with on the day bookings are that you can't actually get anything sorted until you get to the venue. For example, we were planning on getting there just before 11, with the first bikes booked at 11. Now if we get there at that time, we could be waiting hours before a bike becomes available - this was our experience of the Specialized & Giant Demo Day last year, that was book on the day only.

I was on that demo too and i only got a chance to have a go on the giant anthem but then also did the bikeradar one a few weeks later where there was a lot more choice and even though i had 5 bikes booked i managed to get on a Kona hei hei and the Trek remedy by just approaching their stand and asking if they had one free. Besides, if its raining there will be loads of non turn ups so plenty of choice :lol: I have just bought my first full susser and already looking for another, so have managed to get the bikes I am interested in booked up, Lapierre Zesty/Spicy/X-control, Scott etc :D

nonnac85

Postby nonnac85 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 18:38 pm

Now no tomac bikes.
The demoday last year was great but I'm not driving 2 hours each way with my 12 year old cousin to book on the day.
The phrase "can't organise a p15sup in a brewery" springs to mind.
Please sort it out for 2011 bikeradar
My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time

lawman

Postby lawman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 07:58 am

it would have been useful to imform the people whose bookings did not count first, as now lots of people will miss out. we enquired about the issue first, so ithink it would have been better to inform the people in question first before letting the rest of the world know, as tbh i feeel abit let down by BR. demo day last year was great, this year i have tosay im very disappointed, certainly wont be going to BR live after this load of crap

as nonnac said cant organise a pi55up in a brewery springs to mind :roll:

Return to “Bike Demo Days”