osm/ocm cofiguration change required

An area to discuss the use of and any issues with using http://www.bikely.com/ and the BikeRadar Routes
plazzo

osm/ocm cofiguration change required

Postby plazzo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am

Greetings all. i am a new user of bikely and find it great. The administrators probably know the following, but if not i am bringing it to attention. When the OSM/OCM option is selected in "map" there are tiles that are no longer rendered. A link takes you to a site which explains that the OSM servers are changing and the application ( in this case bikely) needs to be re configured to access the new server.
Apologies if this is already in hand. Personally speaking, I much prefer the OSM map because in my area it shows many cycleways and bush tracks that are not mapped on the default map (is it google?). I personally have mapped quite a few of these onto OCM so would like to be able to continue using them. It also has a few contours. As far as I know OSM makes no restrictions on who uses their maps as long as not for commercial purposes.

In a perfect world the "auto follow roads" would have an option "auto follow bikepaths and/or cycling routes" but I guess this would be tricky to code. Most of the routes I am mapping are short (<50km) for cyclists visiting my area and are through back streets and use detailed local knowledge. I guess if you are mapping a 10 day tour the auto follow requirements are quite different.

Thanks, and happy cycling,adrian (plazzo)

josnor
Lead Developer

Re: osm/ocm cofiguration change required

Postby josnor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 09:41 am

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll make sure this gets changed ASAP.

Return to “Bikely”