Drawing a new route along bike trail

An area to discuss the use of and any issues with using http://www.bikely.com/ and the BikeRadar Routes
rabike

Drawing a new route along bike trail

Postby rabike » Mon Mar 26, 2012 14:28 pm

I was trying to do a route along a bike trail and I seem to remember in the past that if I use follow road it would also follow bike trail. It would not do this for me today. I am using IE8. Also, as I was drawing along the bike trail every time I point in a point the box popped up to add notes and the screen would move. Very annoying. I don't need that kind of box when I am drawing along a bike path. What can I do. I really have always loved bikely, but do not like the new things going on.

Carbonfiberboy

Re: Drawing a new route along bike trail

Postby Carbonfiberboy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 15:13 pm

In my experience, follow-the-road never followed a bike path. Click on "Don't show this pop-up" in the Notes box, but to get the box back, you'll have to save and then re-open the route. I don't know another way to do that. If it's just a bit of path I won't usually bother to make the box go away, but if I have miles of it to do, I will.

It would be nice if they'd provide a tool to reopen the Notes box in the Options box, but so far they haven't. At least bikely comes up now.

josnor
Lead Developer

Postby josnor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 08:48 am

Carbonfiberboy wrote:It would be nice if they'd provide a tool to reopen the Notes box in the Options box, but so far they haven't. At least bikely comes up now.

All you have to do is click on the route point and it'll pop right back up.

Carbonfiberboy

Postby Carbonfiberboy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 04:44 am

josnor wrote:
Carbonfiberboy wrote:It would be nice if they'd provide a tool to reopen the Notes box in the Options box, but so far they haven't. At least bikely comes up now.

All you have to do is click on the route point and it'll pop right back up.
Very true, but on a route that's going to have 50-100 turns, you have to do that every time. Actually quicker to save, close, and reopen once one leaves the bike path segment. If there's a way to turn it off, there should be a way to turn it on.

In the sort of minor annoyance area, because one has to set a hard point all along a bike path, when one reviews the route, an empty note box opens on every one of those hard points.

No biggie. I would rather see folks' problems with uploading and downloading GPS tracks fixed.

Return to “Bikely”