Various DH runs from the last couple of months.

Post your pictures and videos here!
Blind Danny Johnson

Various DH runs from the last couple of months.

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 20:43 pm

Aston Hill DH3:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/277040/

Swinley Forest Baby Maker:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/271184/

A very wet uplift day @ Forest of Dean:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/266683/

Any opinions welcome.

sanchez89

Re: Various DH runs from the last couple of months.

Postby sanchez89 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 19:05 pm

The Aston Hill run looks really good fun. hitting those roots at full chat must have been a bit of a tester though?
2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
Clank wrote:M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 22:38 pm

Roots are fine so long as you hit them square and/or they're not wet :) I barely feel them on my downhill rig if i hit them right. Even better if you just hop them.

Got a mate that lives by Swinley. Trails are short but they look silly fun! Looks really fast and flowy in your vid there. :) I really should get down there some time.
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 00:52 am

sanchez89 wrote:The Aston Hill run looks really good fun. hitting those roots at full chat must have been a bit of a tester though?

DH3 @ Aston is definitely a fun track, the Black and 423 which I'm still learning really, are far more testing but still fun. As for the roots it took me a while to find my line through them and get it right, and I know it's not what some other people choose, but it works for me.

ilovedirt wrote:Roots are fine so long as you hit them square and/or they're not wet :) I barely feel them on my downhill rig if i hit them right. Agreed! Even better if you just hop them.

Got a mate that lives by Swinley. Trails are short but they look silly fun! Looks really fast and flowy in your vid there. :) I really should get down there some time.

Swinley is pretty cool but very short runs and not really downhill at all or at most really easy downhill runs, nothing like Aston Hill for example but very fun none the less. There's loads of drops and little sections to practice on though and a lot of it, particularly the track in my vid runs amazing in the wet too so worth checking out if all other places are shoot in the wet like Aston Hill.

Ps thanks for taking a look guys :)

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:07 am

Aye, my mate just got a hardcore hardtail to ride around there because his iron horse 7 point was massively overkill down there. Looks fun though, I'd love to take my hardtail down some of those trails :)
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

Return to “Your pics and vids!”