The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Hoopdriver

Re: 911

Postby Hoopdriver » Tue Sep 18, 2012 17:52 pm

ThomThom wrote:
doublem_1 wrote:
ThomThom wrote:Oh, f*** off.

And that adds what exactly?

Not much. Sadly the same can be said about your posts. This was an interesting thread with interesting stories until your amusing youtube research turned it to the worse - including me as I even started to swear. I've had my last say in this thread.

I agree. It was a well conceived and interesting post and, like you, I enjoyed reading the recollections of a day that changed the world. It is a pity it was hijacked by somebody who thinks the X Files were a documentary.

Frank the tank

Postby Frank the tank » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:00 pm

ThomThom wrote:
doublem_1 wrote:

Not much. Sadly the same can be said about your posts. This was an interesting thread with interesting stories until your amusing youtube research turned it to the worse - including me as I even started to swear. I've had my last say in this thread with this friendly man.

That's not "Wiggo" is it?
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:07 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
doublem_1 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Most conspiracy theories work on the basis on finding tiny tiny cracks in the story, usually uknowns rather than any evidence to the contrary, and blowing them out of proportion, ignoring the vast wealth of evidence pointing to what actually happened.

Not tiny cracks at all. Wide open gaps. Why did the FBI admit they there wasn't any evidence to point towards bin laden when asked why 9/11 wasn't mentioned on his most wanted profile? Was the 'evidance' ever explained? Because I sure don't remember hearing about it.

He was the head of the organisation that took credit (if you can call it that) for the attacks?

Pretty sure he said as much in those videotapes he used to send out.

It's not even like he hadn't got precedent for trying to blow up the world trade centres before 2001 either.

Like I said, tiny crack, blown out of proportion, flies in the face of the obvious.

Did I jog your memory?.... Your silence is a little conspicuous :P.

Cleat Eastwood

Postby Cleat Eastwood » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:44 pm

simple questions asked but never answered - only those of a closed mind would not have even the smallest of doubts - as was mentioned above - and i just googled this to see if it was true -why no mention of the largest terrorist attack on US soil on bin ladens fbi wanted profile

"Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world."

Oh look it is true - well waddya make of that then.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

doublem_1

Postby doublem_1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 20:03 pm

Hoopdriver wrote:
ThomThom wrote:
doublem_1 wrote:

Not much. Sadly the same can be said about your posts. This was an interesting thread with interesting stories until your amusing youtube research turned it to the worse - including me as I even started to swear. I've had my last say in this thread.

I agree. It was a well conceived and interesting post and, like you, I enjoyed reading the recollections of a day that changed the world. It is a pity it was hijacked by somebody who thinks the X Files were a documentary.

I've never watched x-files...

I call for this thread to be closed.

Hoopdriver

Postby Hoopdriver » Tue Sep 18, 2012 20:28 pm

doublem_1 wrote:
Hoopdriver wrote:
ThomThom wrote:
doublem_1 wrote:

I call for this thread to be closed.

Hijack it, then demand the thread be closed, eh?

rodgers73

Postby rodgers73 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 13:21 pm

Cleat Eastwood wrote:simple questions asked but never answered - only those of a closed mind would not have even the smallest of doubts - as was mentioned above - and i just googled this to see if it was true -why no mention of the largest terrorist attack on US soil on bin ladens fbi wanted profile

"Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world."

Oh look it is true - well waddya make of that then.

I'm not sure it's closed minded to read what someone says, consider it and then dismiss it as rubbish. There must be at least an element of credibility to someone's alternative theory before you could be said to be closed minded by dismissing it out of hand. And, frankly, the idea that the death of 3000 of their own people was deliberately orchestrated by the US Government with so far only some minor inconsistencies to contradict the official version of events DOES seem like rubbish. I don't feel duty bound to "research" that in much depth to reach that conclusion, mainly because the basic premise is so lacking in credbility to start with.

By way of a contrast, both the Spanish and Italian secret services carried out terrorist attacks on their own people in the 1970s/80s as a way of provoking sufficient public outrage to justify harsher measures in their fight against Basque/Left wing terror groups (ETA and Brigade Rosso). Same premise, same motivation and both efforts were eventually uncovered with ensuing public scandals etc.

I very very strongly doubt that trying to do something on the size and scale of 9/11 could be orchestrated and then successfully covered up by any government in the world regardless of the level of resources/Illuminati involvement/Elvis's blessing/whatever available to them. I just dont. As a result, people who DO think that come across (to me) as embarassingly credulous and lacking in judgement. Because their theories are SUCH OBVIOUS NONSENSE. Not because I'm being closed minded and I'm pretty sure the same applies to the guy you're quoting.

Smokin Joe

Postby Smokin Joe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 17:17 pm

[quote="doublem_1

I call for this thread to be closed.[/quote]
What a cheek. Post a load of drivel on someone else's thread and call for it to be locked when people disagree with you.

dylanfernley

Postby dylanfernley » Wed Sep 19, 2012 18:00 pm

nice post rodgers73, 24 hr bike rides are good for the mind!--

Return to “The Cake Stop”