Cuba/usa.

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
freddiegrubb

Cuba/usa.

Postby freddiegrubb » Wed Sep 26, 2012 18:32 pm

Today (wed.)sitting in the sun at the Coniston cafe stop my riding mate was discussing a holiday in Cuba (proposed) & I now wonder if they stamped your p/port would you be allowed in the U.S.A. at a later date .

dirtymonkey1985

Re: Cuba/usa.

Postby dirtymonkey1985 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 19:27 pm

Yes. Went to Cuba 3 years ago and have been to the u.s twice since with no problems

ben@31

Postby ben@31 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 19:34 pm

From what I've heard the only problems have been if you travel between Israel and Arab countries. To get around this, I know people who got two passports.

cycologist

Postby cycologist » Wed Sep 26, 2012 22:37 pm

There is one place in Cuba that the Yanks don't allow people to enter the USA from regardless of what sort of passport they have - it's called Guantanamo Bay.

laurentian

Postby laurentian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 08:27 am

ben@31 wrote:From what I've heard the only problems have been if you travel between Israel and Arab countries. To get around this, I know people who got two passports.

I've been from Egypt, to Israel and back and then to USA - no problems
Wilier Izoard XP

disgruntledgoat

Postby disgruntledgoat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 09:55 am

laurentian wrote:
ben@31 wrote:From what I've heard the only problems have been if you travel between Israel and Arab countries. To get around this, I know people who got two passports.

Now try and get back into Egypt.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

The Little Onion

Postby The Little Onion » Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:18 pm

There is no risk at all (although this presumes that you are not American!). In Cuba, they generally don't stamp your passport, and they won't if you ask them not to.

If I recall, it is not illegal for US citizens to visit cuba - rather, it is illegal to spend money there, without permission from the US government. Plenty of US citizens visit cuba, illegally or legally, generally by going through the Dominican Republic or Mexico, although there are two direct flights a day between miami and Havana.

If you do go to Cuba, remember that they are funny about people taking things like GPS systems in.

laurentian

Postby laurentian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:32 pm

disgruntledgoat wrote:
laurentian wrote:

Done!
Wilier Izoard XP

rodgers73

Postby rodgers73 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 16:58 pm

disgruntledgoat wrote:
laurentian wrote:

The problem isnt with Egypt as Egypt recognises the state of Israel. The problems are with those Arab countries that dont recognise Israel - a lot do now following the Oslo peace accords (Jordan, I think) but I bet you'd have problems with the Gulf states, Iran, maybe also Cuba too.

nickellis

Postby nickellis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 19:13 pm

Try going from Iran to the US.....

The way I got questioned when I arrived in Boston from Heathrow in April. If you arrived from Tehran they'd probably just shoot you at the terminal gate. :shock:

Or it could be because I possibly look middle-eastern (so I've been told :? ) even though my grandparents are from the Caribbean and my other grandparents at from North London.
Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg

edhornby

Postby edhornby » Thu Sep 27, 2012 19:50 pm

Cuba didn't actually stamp the passports when I went, they gave you a slip of paper to put in it
"I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
--Jens Voight

Return to “The Cake Stop”