Apocalypse, Derren Brown

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
ddraver

Re: Apocalypse, Derren Brown

Postby ddraver » Sat Nov 03, 2012 07:45 am

As I said, I'm In Russia - I have nt seen it....(thought "It's not on in Russia so i can't see it" was pretty clear to be honest). She was "put under his voodoo" was all she says
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

jim453

Postby jim453 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 08:03 am

You don't need to have seen it to understand that the only individual who needs to be in the dark is the main guy.

You only have to understand the most basic premise of the programme - which you obviously do not. Strange really, given the links already posted in this thread and the self evident fact that you have access to the internet.

One wonders why you would be commenting on something you understand nothing about. Although to be fair, this forum wouldn't last ten seconds if we all adhered to that rule.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Sat Nov 03, 2012 09:04 am

Again, I don't think I could have been more clear about the lack of having seen it.

However how many people here have cousins that have appeared in it?

miIthankyow...
- @ddraver

jim453

Postby jim453 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 09:08 am

Again, I could hardly have been more clear about the fact that you absolutely did not need to see the show to be able to understand the issues.

We appear to have reached something of an impasse.

cougie

Postby cougie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm

I enjpoyed it. I thought the protagonist was going to collapse with all of that hyperventilating. I'm pretty sure he was 100% convinced it was for real.

dw300

Postby dw300 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 21:53 pm

LOL .. raver, shut your mouth for 2 seconds and listen ..

Only ONE guy on the show was 'hypnotised' .. your cousin is talking sh*t to you.

There is no reason anyone else would be. Unless he hypnotised her for some reason outside of the broadcast .. "Put under his voodoo" could be a euphemism .. :p
All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
Bike Radar Strava Club
The Northern Ireland Thread

gavbarron

Postby gavbarron » Sat Nov 03, 2012 22:07 pm

It did seem odd that he didn't ask any questions. It'd been two weeks between the meteor shower and him coming round in a hospital. Food in the room was in a mouldy state indicating he'd been alone for some time yet he never questioned the fact that he was not on an IV, had no stubble nor had he fouled himself in that time.

Also, if it were 'real' then what was c4's plan in the event that he armed himself and defended himself against the infected? Personally my first actions would have been to secure mymimmediate environment and source water, warmth and a weapon so what would they have done if he'd clubbed a 'zombie' to death?

As a piece of tv I enjoyed it and it caused a few discussions but feel it created a lot of sceptical questions as well

jim453

Postby jim453 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 22:24 pm

gavbarron wrote:It did seem odd that he didn't ask any questions. It'd been two weeks between the meteor shower and him coming round in a hospital. Food in the room was in a mouldy state indicating he'd been alone for some time yet he never questioned the fact that he was not on an IV, had no stubble nor had he fouled himself in that time.

Also, if it were 'real' then what was c4's plan in the event that he armed himself and defended himself against the infected? Personally my first actions would have been to secure mymimmediate environment and source water, warmth and a weapon so what would they have done if he'd clubbed a 'zombie' to death?

As a piece of tv I enjoyed it and it caused a few discussions but feel it created a lot of sceptical questions as well

At last. A reasoned response. I totally agree.

Perhaps the reason why the Russian idiot's sister was hypnotised is so that she would agree to clean the sh@t out of our protagonists pants and keep him cleanly shaven during the two week hiatus between us seeing him go under and come around again.

So, an interesting programme but totally made up bullsh@t none the less.

Glad that was sorted out.

Next.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Sun Nov 04, 2012 06:07 am

- @ddraver

jim453

Postby jim453 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 06:37 am

ddraver wrote:Image

You and your sister?

From the looks of things, Brown needn't have bothered hipnotising her - she looks like she'd have discharged her duties willingly and without question.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Sun Nov 04, 2012 07:01 am

Man you re up early for such histrionics...
- @ddraver

Return to “The Cake Stop”