Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.

Re: Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Postby Giraffoto » Tue Nov 13, 2012 20:35 pm

Ben6899 wrote:
Giraffoto wrote:Posts on forums that make me think, "he/she really ought to keep the bong and the PC in different rooms"

Doesn't annoy me much, I'd just prefer not to have to pause and think that . . .

(Discuss.)

You know the sort of thing. When an ordinary conversation about say, waterproofs or your favourite rides suddenly becomes a tinfoil hat rant about politics. That sort of thing

crom7 wrote:Roast beef without mustard.
Roast pork without apple sauce.
Roast Chicken or turkey without cranberry sauce.
Roast lamb without mint sauce.

You appear to have misunderstood "trivial". This is life or death!
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
On-One Scandal (fully rigid)
Giraffoto

Postby Cornerblock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 20:43 pm

The little stringy bit left on a banana after you've peeled it.
Cornerblock

Postby Ben6899 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 22:39 pm

Giraffoto wrote:
Ben6899 wrote:
Giraffoto wrote:Posts on forums that make me think, "he/she really ought to keep the bong and the PC in different rooms"

Doesn't annoy me much, I'd just prefer not to have to pause and think that . . .

(Discuss.)

You know the sort of thing. When an ordinary conversation about say, waterproofs or your favourite rides suddenly becomes a tinfoil hat rant about politics. That sort of thing.

Totally with you. My "(Discuss)" was a veiled reference to another minor annoyance mentioned in this thread. Have a skim when you get a minute. :)
Ben

Bikes: Starley JKS R1 | Dolan Preffisio | Felt Z35 - out on loan | Giant Bowery '76 | Gios Megalite
Islington CC: http://www.islington.cc
Ben6899

Postby seanoconn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 23:08 pm

Picking a bogey and no matter how much you try to roll and flick, it sticks to your finger!
Pinarello, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
seanoconn

Postby Ginjafro » Tue Nov 13, 2012 23:53 pm

Ben6899 wrote:
Giraffoto wrote:
Ben6899 wrote:

(Discuss.)

You know the sort of thing. When an ordinary conversation about say, waterproofs or your favourite rides suddenly becomes a tinfoil hat rant about politics. That sort of thing.

Totally with you. My "(Discuss)" was a veiled reference to another minor annoyance mentioned in this thread. Have a skim when you get a minute. :)

Ha ha ha, dddiscuss! :twisted:
Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
Cove Hustler
Planet X Pro-Carbon
Ginjafro

Postby Giraffoto » Wed Nov 14, 2012 08:49 am

It annoys me when everyone spots my inability to pick up on irony before I do! :x
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
On-One Scandal (fully rigid)
Giraffoto

Postby DevonClimber » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:35 am

People walking past our house, sure just stare in through the window at us...Perverts!

Dog walkers.

The whole of the British upper class/aristocracy and Royals.
“If you do what always do, you'll get what you always get.”
DevonClimber

Postby bompington » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Capt Slog wrote:People who stand on the travelator which is the only access to the shopping floor from the carpark in my local Tesco. There is a large window to the side of it, and they stand there and look at the 'view' (carpark and sh!tty market town) as if they are on some form of fairground ride. I'm always in a hurry, and walk at a fast pace most places, and to have to stand behind these numpties really annoys me.

To the embarrassment of Mrs Slog, I usually say "excuse me please" and walk past them, at which point they suddenly wake up with a sort of "I never thought of THAT!" expression and begin walking too. :roll:

(Please forgive me if I've posted this somewhere before, I can't find it if I have)

I often get funny looks dragging a fully loaded trolley down the travelator with its wheels locked tight.
bompington

Postby fatbabyjake » Wed Nov 14, 2012 15:56 pm

Three office related things.

1 - Smoker's breaks. Why the feck do they get to take a break of between 5-10 minutes on several occasions each day due to their habit? I've seen some folk go out at least 6 times a day for this. That could be up to an hour they're not working but getting paid to stand outside to chat to their mates and come back into the office smelling disgusting. If they can take these breaks, can i take greedy b@stard breaks and go and get some chips?

2 - People who can't leave office toilets in a clean state for others to use. I'm assuming that their bathrooms at home must covered in p1ss, left unflushed and have bogeys wiped on the walls. (This actually goes beyond trivial but i had to vent somewhere)

3 - People (I'm assuming those guilty of the second one) who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. The amount of times i've been in a stall and heard others flush and then walk straight back out into the office beggars belief.

Edited to correct my inability to count the number of points
Last edited by fatbabyjake on Wed Nov 14, 2012 16:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You shall not pass! (Unless I'm knackered then I don't really care tbh)

Specialized Hardrock Sport 06
Specialized Sirrus Sport 11
fatbabyjake

Postby Peddle Up! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 16:00 pm

fatbabyjake wrote:People (I'm assuming those guilty of the second one) who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. The amount of times i've been in a stall and heard others flush and then walk straight back out into the office beggars belief.

This is one of mine too, but I'd grade it as very important. How can anyone be so gross? :?
Purveyor of "up" :)
Peddle Up!

Postby De Sisti » Wed Nov 14, 2012 16:04 pm

fatbabyjake wrote:Two office related things.

1 - Smoker's breaks. Why the feck do they get to take a break of between 5-10 minutes on several occasions each day due to their habit? I've seen some folk go out at least 6 times a day for this. That could be up to an hour they're not working but getting paid to stand outside to chat to their mates and come back into the office smelling disgusting. If they can take these breaks, can i take greedy b@stard breaks and go and get some chips?

2 - People who can't leave office toilets in a clean state for others to use. I'm assuming that their bathrooms at home must covered in p1ss, left unflushed and have bogeys wiped on the walls. (This actually goes beyond trivial but i had to vent somewhere)

3 - People (I'm assuming those guilty of the second one) who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. The amount of times i've been in a stall and heard others flush and then walk straight back out into the office beggars belief.

* All of the above at my place of work too. I make sure that I have some Spirigel TM at my desk.

* Use of the word Exclusive in the media.
De Sisti

Postby Peddle Up! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 am

People who spoil what should be an enjoyable shared experience by eating, drinking, talking to their friends and fiddling with their phones in the cinema. :|
Purveyor of "up" :)
Peddle Up!

Postby Capt Slog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 13:57 pm

People who come and knock on my "office" door thus making me leave the 'bit that won't fit where it's supposed to fit but was just about to' to go and answer it (even though I've shouted YES three times), and when I go to the door they say "Do you know if Mr Man Nextdoor is in today?".

NO, I don't know where he is! He doesn't tell me, we just happen to work in neighbouring rooms you little pillock.

and breathe
Numquam calcitrare holitoris in genu.
Capt Slog

Postby CiB » Thu Nov 15, 2012 14:17 pm

That technique of filming real life with a very narrow band of focus across the middle of the shot so that the whole scene appears as if in miniature. The BBC used it in some establishing shots during the Olympics, C4 over-use it to death on that prog about small spaces. It was vaguely interesting when it first appeared; it's now gone straight to cliché, and does my 'ead in.

There's a name for it - anyone know it?
CiB

Postby FoldingJoe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 14:18 pm

Why dogs can't do a wee and a poo at the same time.

In a bit of a rush to get back to my laptop this morning as working from home and became frustrated by my dog having to stop twice to crap and wee. Why can't they just do it at the same time like us humans?
Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
FoldingJoe

Postby Graham. » Thu Nov 15, 2012 15:17 pm

CiB wrote:That technique of filming real life with a very narrow band of focus across the middle of the shot so that the whole scene appears as if in miniature. The BBC used it in some establishing shots during the Olympics, C4 over-use it to death on that prog about small spaces. It was vaguely interesting when it first appeared; it's now gone straight to cliché, and does my 'ead in.

There's a name for it - anyone know it?

I noticed a few of the more basic photography magazines showing how to make your photo's look like that.
I believe it's called "Thattechniqueoffilmingreallifewithaverynarrowbandoffocusacrossthemiddleoftheshotsothatthe wholesceneappearsasifinminiature."
Fortunately it went way of bad HDR and Colour Popping. :roll:
Graham.

Postby bompington » Thu Nov 15, 2012 15:20 pm

Except it's not trivial, it's pretty much the end of civilisation.
bompington

Postby PedroJake » Thu Nov 15, 2012 15:49 pm

People who 'check in' their location at every opportunity on facebook. Do you think I really give a sh*t if you are in Starbucks, Tesco, the gym or lying on the settee? No, why do I need to be told where you are 5 times a day ffs.

And by the way Mr Boss, are you really so thick that you dont realise your 'checking in' locations arent tying up in any way shape or form as to where your diary says you are?
PedroJake

Postby PedroJake » Thu Nov 15, 2012 15:52 pm

People who dont reply to a text or email.

Me: 'Hi, sent you a text/email to see if you fancied a cycle/pint etc. Didnt you get it?'
Them: 'Yeah, got it, sorry, didnt have time to reply.....'

Yes, you effing did have time. Cause it would have taken approximately 10 seconds you ignorant pr1ck!
PedroJake

Postby bompington » Thu Nov 15, 2012 16:00 pm

People who phone, text or mail you and assume that you have nothing better to do than drop everything to satisfy their needs

;-)
bompington

PreviousNext

Return to The Cake Stop