Bike Demo Day website feedback

The Forum for all things related to the Demo Days
MC1

Bike Demo Day website feedback

Postby MC1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 14:39 pm

Please give us your feedback on the demo day website: http://www.bikeradar.com/demodays

Cannonit

DemoDays Website

Postby Cannonit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 17:04 pm

It does not appear to be possible to book a calendar slot as you can not select a frame size to proceed. I would like to make a booking but just can not get it to work.

I do not know whether it is a Windows only thing as neither Firefox or Safari on the Mac work?

jacarter

Postby jacarter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 18:07 pm

I think the idea of demo bike days is great, however when me and my husband had a look and tried to book a couple of road bikes we were unable to find a frame size to suit either of us (my husband needs a 60cm and I need a 47cm) and we both fancied a go on the trek madone. Is it that these have all been booked or is it that they were just never available as we find it hard to believe that the women's small size would be that popular, but you never know.

pgascoine

demo days website

Postby pgascoine » Thu Oct 16, 2008 07:53 am

like everyone else i struggled to book bikes, especially the madones.
I found the whole process cumbersome and slow.
Managed to book a few bikes though, just hope the frame size is correct.

mbradford

Booking

Postby mbradford » Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:18 pm

:( I cannot book my Trek 5.2 trial as the booking system will not allow me to book a frame size. Help! Cheers, Mark.

jashdown

Postby jashdown » Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:50 pm

Hi, I thought I would answer some of the questions.

I cannot book my Trek 5.2 trial as the booking system will not allow me to book a frame size. Help! Cheers, Mark.

Unfortunately there is no clear labelling on Bike Demo Days yet, but the Trek bikes are only available "On the day". The reason for this is that Trek is the only company who won't allow us to let you book the bikes on the website, however their bikes will be available "on the day" if you turn up.

It is our fault for not putting up clear signs & messages telling you about bikes that are only available "on the day". We will be updating the website very soon to correct this.

like everyone else i struggled to book bikes, especially the madones.
I found the whole process cumbersome and slow.
Managed to book a few bikes though, just hope the frame size is correct.

Again, Trek won't allow us to let you book bikes online (see above). We do display the bike on the site so you know which bikes Trek on bringing to the event, on the day.

We are very sorry for the frustrations you have had trying to book the Trek bikes (when in fact you can't).

Cannonit

Trek Bikes

Postby Cannonit » Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:53 pm

So does that mean that we have to turn up and hope to get a demo ride on a Trek bike, it might be a long way to come for some or the demand might be such that one would have to wait all day?

What do you propose for those who are obviously eager to try out the Trek's but may not be prepared to wait all day to do so?

jashdown

Re: Trek Bikes

Postby jashdown » Thu Oct 16, 2008 15:35 pm

Cannonit wrote:So does that mean that we have to turn up and hope to get a demo ride on a Trek bike, it might be a long way to come for some or the demand might be such that one would have to wait all day?

What do you propose for those who are obviously eager to try out the Trek's but may not be prepared to wait all day to do so?

I have put this question forward to the event organisers, who will in turn (hopefully) talk to Trek. I'll let you know the response asap.

mbradford

Riding a Trek 5.2 64cm

Postby mbradford » Thu Oct 16, 2008 15:36 pm

So i wld be able to turn up at anytime and i would be to ride a bike at some point and the right size of 64cm.

Cheers,

Mark.

nockles
Designer/Developer

Postby nockles » Thu Oct 16, 2008 15:56 pm

Yes, there will be other bikes available at the event on the day. Hopefully Trek will follow suit sometime soon allowing all bikes to be pre-booked (if people fail to turn up then the bikes they booked are released, although we would prefer for this not to happen).

grantplant

Demo day hotline

Postby grantplant » Fri Oct 17, 2008 07:08 am

Hi

Thank you all for bringing to our atention the trouble you have had with booking bikes on the demo day website

I can help you whilst we look into the problems.

Please call me (Grant) on 07917 529 136 and I'll assisit you.

many thanks

Grant
Demo Day manager

jashdown

Postby jashdown » Mon Oct 20, 2008 09:18 am

Anyone got anymore helpful observations they want to contribute?

Deanb61

Postby Deanb61 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 20:38 pm

Just got back from what I can only describe as a complete and overwhelming success.

I booked bikes from 9:30 up to about 1:30, like other people I was a bit worried about the Trek's, I was interested in trying one and had the same concerns that other people mentioned above.

I needen't have worried at all, Trek brought lots of bikes with them and all you had to do was wander over to the stand when you had some free time and they soon sorted you out. Maybe some people had to wait a short time, but I think you would have to be pretty unlucky not to get to try a bike at some stage during the day. Myself and my 13 year old son were both accomodated at the same time, the first time we wandered over. Anyone who didn't turn up because of this uncertainty missed a great day.

The weather provided some intersting moments. Generally fine, we had the occassional windy spell which at one time ripped up the promotional tents and sent them flying across the car park. While taking a Lapierre back I ended up with a dozen other people holding down the booking in tent to prevent it blowing away.

And the end result, 2 Raleigh Avanti Road Carbon's will be filling our Xmas stockings this year. I don't claim to be an expert, my first £400 ally bike was bought 6 months ago, but the Raleigh did everything I want it to do and at a considerable discount to the Colnago and Trek. My son labelled this the best bike of the day without knowning the prices of the bikes. The new 09 paint job looks nice too...unfortunately it's not available until January though so it looks like a late xmas pressie.

The only downer of the day....I forgot to go and pick my passport up at the end...does anyone know who I should contact to get it back please?

Once again, thanks for a superb day. Never having ridden a carbon bike, it really helped me to chose my next bike, and showed me how much better it will be compared with my 'starter' bike (which incidentally I will not complain about for the price I paid).

Jenks66

Postby Jenks66 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 21:29 pm

When will the MTB demo days for 2009 be available as they are now in the mags?

MC1

Postby MC1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 16:10 pm

Hi Jenks,

This week sometime i am told.

ash_c3

Postby ash_c3 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

i am unable to book any bikes as the calendar says that bookings have finished yet it is only 21:15

s.h.r.e.d

Postby s.h.r.e.d » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:25 pm

I have the same problem as 'ash'. It says that the bike has been added to my calender, but it does not appear on the calender, and also says the event is now closed.

Thanks,
Oli

clare_29

Demodays booking

Postby clare_29 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi,

Just been through the booking process for QEP and while the site says it is adding bookings to your calender the actual calender says the event is closed and the e-mail confirmation is showing all my booked slots as free.

Clare :?

malibu_babe_28

Lack of Small Bikes

Postby malibu_babe_28 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi,

I'm a girl, and I was really excited about the demo days. I've just taken a look at the site, and pretty much all the bikes are in Medium with no other options!!! :(

Looking at the brands there, I was really hoping to get a ride on a Yeti ASR and a LaPierre Spicy or even a full suspension Fisher Genesisters bike. (I've already test-ridden a Trek Ex8 WSD).

I think this is a real missed opportunity firstly because there doesnt seem to be anything for the lady mountain-biker, and secondly because it would give non-cyclist WAGs a chance to try-a-bike while waiting around for their other halves.

Are there any plans to add any more female oriented rides?
Tina.

jadamson

Postby jadamson » Mon Dec 22, 2008 19:23 pm

i Haven't got a my eye on any particular bike i just know i need a new full sus is it ok to book more than one bike? like 6?

Return to “Bike Demo Days”