Dave Hinde bikes - Dodgy?

Ask for advice or share your fettling tips
fast as fupp

Postby fast as fupp » Sat Aug 22, 2009 18:22 pm

manick0de wrote:Not sure bud didn't he operate on ebay as "Number1BikeBits" or something to that effect?

used to- its'fastpartforbikes' now

AVOID!

rjsmith

Postby rjsmith » Sun Aug 23, 2009 14:32 pm

One of the most detested bike shops on this forum but Cycling Weekly's best friend it seems.

I'm another who wouldn't go near them now after suffering their lies.

johnnyqif

Dave the B*********D Hinde

Postby johnnyqif » Tue Aug 25, 2009 15:35 pm

Skint and needed a road bike a pal who owns a LBS said he had a 2nd hand one for sale £200...result!!
Happily googled dave hinde after buying and realised to my horrorid bought a cycle from the bike world equivalent of bernard madeoff.

However i have grown to love it (as its great) and enjoy the looks i get when people who know,clock the enormous dave hinde graphics all over it

i almost feel like a bicycle hells angel (now thats an idea :))

QIF

Downwardi

Postby Downwardi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 17:40 pm

Business isn't easy but reading those 100 odd negative insults left on E-Bay would instantly put me off ever buying from an outfit like that no matter how good their product or how cheap their prices.

Imagine if those 100 people turned up at his shop asking him to say those insults to their faces.
FCN 8 Hybrid
FCN 4 Roadie

on the road

Postby on the road » Tue Aug 25, 2009 19:53 pm

Why have people praising Dave Hind only got one or two posts :?:

freehub

Postby freehub » Tue Aug 25, 2009 20:18 pm

It's probably him wasting away in front of his PC :lol:

johnnyqif

dave the b

Postby johnnyqif » Tue Aug 25, 2009 20:35 pm

he probably is a crook
i imagine he is a bxxxxxxxxx
i just like riding one of his second hand bikes which some poor sap probably spent a fortune on
and cost me buttons
i like riding a bad boys bike,
nice boys never get the girls

id rather walk than buy american (other than cannondale)

freehub

Re: dave the b

Postby freehub » Tue Aug 25, 2009 23:05 pm

johnnyqif wrote:nice boys never get the girls

id rather walk than buy american

Can you sure something is american though? My Cannondale is not american, sure the frame is, but the rest of it is from Asia, Chian or Japan.

mike ives

Postby mike ives » Wed Aug 26, 2009 19:45 pm

I have a pair of Dave Hinde built wheels which my brother passed on to me; they're excellent. My brother said he had no problems at all with the shop and has subsequently purchased another set of wheels from Dave Hinde without any problems. These wheels are also really good. Both sets were built to order.

Jay Clock

Postby Jay Clock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 17:23 pm

If you want a quick and easy way to check negative feedback go to www.toolhaus.org - very natty little site. http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=f ... eceived+by

On the basis of what I see about Dave Hinde and his old and new Ebay site (along with his shop) I would personally try one of the other web-based retailers.

lovetoridemybike

Re: Dave the B*********D Hinde

Postby lovetoridemybike » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:57 pm

johnnyqif wrote:Image

Skint and needed a road bike a pal who owns a LBS said he had a 2nd hand one for sale £200...result!!
Happily googled dave hinde after buying and realised to my horrorid bought a cycle from the bike world equivalent of bernard madeoff.

However i have grown to love it (as its great) and enjoy the looks i get when people who know,clock the enormous dave hinde graphics all over it

i almost feel like a bicycle hells angel (now thats an idea :))

QIF

Well after much lurking I was checking up on whether to buy from Dave Hinde and I can tell you this is his own bike pictured in his office. Truly amazing this guy stays in business.

softlad

Re: Dave the B*********D Hinde

Postby softlad » Tue Jul 06, 2010 14:41 pm

lovetoridemybike wrote:
Well after much lurking I was checking up on whether to buy from Dave Hinde and I can tell you this is his own bike pictured in his office. Truly amazing this guy stays in business.

he's obviously grown a fair bit since his racing days then...???

tom o brien

Re: Dave Hinde bikes - Dodgy?

Postby tom o brien » Mon Jan 07, 2013 15:16 pm

I have just joined Bike Radar in order to recount my experiences dealing with Dave Hind's company. On 19th septemeber 2012, I ordered Ambrosio Zenith Hubs Handbuilt on Stan's NoTubes Alpha 340 Rims. The wheels were priced at £199.95 and I was quoted over the phone £209.90 to include shipping to Dublin. This amount was debited form my credit card. I was informed I would have the wheels in a weeke or two. I was advised to order now over the phone as the price was going to go up soon. So I did.

Approx 9-10 weeks later I finally received the wheels. In the interim period I had the displeasure of dealing with David Hynes Staff over the phone and by email. They are rude, unhelpful, willfully ignorant, aggressive and completely inept. No effort was made to deal with the missing wheelset, I was never given a tracking number and only by continuously badgering them did I finally get a set of wheels from the company. For instance there was no record except fro my card transaction of my initial order.
I finally received the wheelset in mid november, and must admit that on visual inspection they seem fine, straight and true. I build wheels myself and so believe them to be of sound quality for the price offered. I have no complaints there.

I would have left this matter there except that i see now on my card statement that David Hind have debited an additional €20 form my credit card in early November. I was never informed of this transaction or made aware that this additional sum was to be debited. I telephoned earlier today to question the transaction and was bluntly told that this was for postage. Then to my disbelief I was hung up on.

I could only advise customers and bicycle industry proffessionals to avoid this outfit. People who race and enjoy bicycles hand over hard earned cash time and time again. We should not have to tolerate being ripped off and treated like fools.

Flasher

Postby Flasher » Mon Jan 07, 2013 19:03 pm

Contact your CC company and complain.

giant man

Postby giant man » Tue Jan 08, 2013 08:08 am

tom o brien wrote:I have just joined Bike Radar in order to recount my experiences dealing with Dave Hind's company. On 19th septemeber 2012, I ordered Ambrosio Zenith Hubs Handbuilt on Stan's NoTubes Alpha 340 Rims. The wheels were priced at £199.95 and I was quoted over the phone £209.90 to include shipping to Dublin. This amount was debited form my credit card. I was informed I would have the wheels in a weeke or two. I was advised to order now over the phone as the price was going to go up soon. So I did.

Approx 9-10 weeks later I finally received the wheels. In the interim period I had the displeasure of dealing with David Hynes Staff over the phone and by email. They are rude, unhelpful, willfully ignorant, aggressive and completely inept. No effort was made to deal with the missing wheelset, I was never given a tracking number and only by continuously badgering them did I finally get a set of wheels from the company. For instance there was no record except fro my card transaction of my initial order.
I finally received the wheelset in mid november, and must admit that on visual inspection they seem fine, straight and true. I build wheels myself and so believe them to be of sound quality for the price offered. I have no complaints there.

I would have left this matter there except that i see now on my card statement that David Hind have debited an additional €20 form my credit card in early November. I was never informed of this transaction or made aware that this additional sum was to be debited. I telephoned earlier today to question the transaction and was bluntly told that this was for postage. Then to my disbelief I was hung up on.

I could only advise customers and bicycle industry proffessionals to avoid this outfit. People who race and enjoy bicycles hand over hard earned cash time and time again. We should not have to tolerate being ripped off and treated like fools.

Incredible that he's still pulling this kind of $hit on people and their money, sorry to hear of your experiences, shame you didn't find this forum before you pulled the trigger on those wheels. Hope they stay true and you get good riding out of them pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding the right saddle is the holy grail for the cyclist, good luck, it may take some time .....

Return to “Workshop”