How to write the Perfect Topic Title

New to this MTB'ing lark? Come on in...
missmarple

How to write the Perfect Topic Title

Postby missmarple » Wed Oct 07, 2009 19:02 pm

Can people please stop putting "PLEASE HELP" or "PLS HELP" or "HELP MEEEE!!!!!! PLZ" or "PLZ HELP ME" as their topic titles, it is so frustrating and starting to get on my titties. If you want us to help you, write an informative but brief title.
The bike in front of you is a Diamondback XSL, it is old, built in 1999.

nicklouse
Lives Here

Postby nicklouse » Wed Oct 07, 2009 19:06 pm

there are 60 characters available in the topic title area use them.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Andy B

Re: How to write the Perfect Topic Title

Postby Andy B » Wed Oct 07, 2009 19:22 pm

missmarple wrote:Can people please stop putting "PLEASE HELP" or "PLS HELP" or "HELP MEEEE!!!!!! PLZ" or "PLZ HELP ME" as their topic titles, it is so frustrating and starting to get on my titties. If you want us to help you, write an informative but brief title.
2nd that.

dave_hill

Postby dave_hill » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:37 am

missmarple wrote:Can people please stop putting "PLEASE HELP" or "PLS HELP" or "HELP MEEEE!!!!!! PLZ" or "PLZ HELP ME" as their topic titles, it is so frustrating and starting to get on my titties. If you want us to help you, write an informative but brief title.

Hear hear.

Intelligible use of the English language (especially for native speakers) wouldn't go amiss either. :evil:
Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
Help for Heroes
JayPic

The Northern Monkey

Postby The Northern Monkey » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

+1.. I tend to not bother reading "help meeeeee" topics.

Airienteer

Postby Airienteer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 16:39 pm

bigbenj_08 wrote:+1.. I tend to not bother reading "help meeeeee" topics.

Me too
Commencal Meta 5.5
Kona Cinder Cone
Ribble Winter
Cervelo R3
Peugeot Fixie

Fridge-Seal

Postby Fridge-Seal » Fri Oct 23, 2009 02:29 am

3rd That, it's far more useful to have a description of what you need help with, because then we can see if it similar to many other topics/issue's and hence spped up the problem solving process.
92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig

Walk (Ride) softly and carry a big fish

Yay, 100 hundred posts :-)

Re-Cycle

Postby Re-Cycle » Wed May 22, 2013 09:40 am

Valid point but I wonder if "I am quite depressed at the thought of getting old and lonely" would have been as much of a hit for The Beatles as "Help" :D

Return to “MTB Beginners”