My Trek 1.5 (Upgraded) Winter Bike

Show off your bikes here...
User avatar
Squillinossett
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 15:33 pm

My Trek 1.5 (Upgraded) Winter Bike

Postby Squillinossett » Thu Feb 04, 2010 18:46 pm

Image

Image

Image

Frame: Trek 1.5 2009
Forks: Bonty Race Lites
Bars: ITM Wing shape Carbon
Stem: ITM Millenium Carbon
Headset: Cane Creak
Bar Tape: Microtex

Front Brake Lever: 105 - 5600
Front Caliper: Generic
Rear Brake Lever: 105 - 5600
Rear Caliper: Generic

Cables: Jagwire Race
Front Mech: Ultegra 6600
Rear Mech: Ultegra 6600

Seat: Selle
Seat Post: ITM Vista Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Treks very own

Cranks: FSA Team Issue
Chainring(s): FSA Team Issue
Chain: 105 - 5600
Cassette: Ultegra
Pedals: Look Keo Classic
Bottom Bracket: FSA Team Issue

Front Wheel: Campag Khamsin
Tube: Supersonics
Tire: Rubino

Rear Wheel: Campag Khamsin
Tube: Supersonics
Tire: Rubino

Weight: How to people weight them??

Other info: Was only bike, no winter hack so to speak. Will be changing it back to a compact in summer, Mrs squill is having Front, Rear Mech and Chainset for her bike!

Once_In_A_Blue_Moon
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 15:02 pm

Postby Once_In_A_Blue_Moon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 19:14 pm

A proper winter hack needs mudguards :wink:

Re the weight, fishing scales the best bet. Or if you're really bored, research the weight of every component and do the math. Or hazard a guess? I'd say all in you're looking at 20ibs ish?

simonofthepiemans
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Postby simonofthepiemans » Fri Feb 05, 2010 00:11 am

Love what you've done with it. I've had mine 8 months now and am contemplating getting a few upgrades myself. I can only hope it comes out looking as lovely as this.

User avatar
Squillinossett
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 15:33 pm

Postby Squillinossett » Fri Feb 05, 2010 13:54 pm

Once_In_A_Blue_Moon wrote:A proper winter hack needs mudguards :wink:

Re the weight, fishing scales the best bet. Or if you're really bored, research the weight of every component and do the math. Or hazard a guess? I'd say all in you're looking at 20ibs ish?


I will pop an up to date pic on, it now had crug racer mud guards!

User avatar
redddraggon
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 16:53 pm

Postby redddraggon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 14:00 pm

How did you get an ultegra cassette on khamsins? Afaik they only make ones with campag freehubs
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

User avatar
cyclingpunk
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 21:29 pm

Postby cyclingpunk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 19:14 pm

Nice.. Lovely colour.. although the last green bike I had tried to kill me on several occaisons!

User avatar
Squillinossett
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 15:33 pm

Postby Squillinossett » Fri Feb 05, 2010 20:21 pm

redddraggon wrote:How did you get an ultegra cassette on khamsins? Afaik they only make ones with campag freehubs


And our survey said......................................................X

They make ones with a shimano freehub!

User avatar
gkerr4
Posts: 3379
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 21:39 pm

Postby gkerr4 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 15:30 pm

Squillinossett wrote:
redddraggon wrote:How did you get an ultegra cassette on khamsins? Afaik they only make ones with campag freehubs


And our survey said......................................................X

They make ones with a shimano freehub!


I know where red is coming from - they don't make them anymore!

if you want campag wheels for shimano then you now need to buy fulcrums!

User avatar
redddraggon
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 16:53 pm

Postby redddraggon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 15:41 pm

gkerr4 wrote:
Squillinossett wrote:
redddraggon wrote:How did you get an ultegra cassette on khamsins? Afaik they only make ones with campag freehubs


And our survey said......................................................X

They make ones with a shimano freehub!


I know where red is coming from - they don't make them anymore!

if you want campag wheels for shimano then you now need to buy fulcrums!


Going back the last 3 years I've never once seen Khamsims on sale with a Shimano freehub. Only Zondas, Eurus, and Shamals have I seen with Shimano freehubs.

Seems a strange choice too for a Shimano user, Khamsims seem to have exploding freehub internals. If you want a Shimano freehub there are tonnes of options out there.
I like bikes...



Twitter

Flickr

User avatar
Squillinossett
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 15:33 pm

Postby Squillinossett » Mon Mar 22, 2010 20:31 pm

I got them as they were super cheap (paid £89 delivered new) and apparently strong, which was important for me at my old weight!

So far no problems though and they have gone a good 3k miles so far.


Return to “Your Road Bikes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eng_tor and 1 guest