Anyone near Wincanton Sherborne Gillingham Yeovil region?

Organising a ride? Looking for riding buddies? Arrange your rides here.
dave_rudabar

Postby dave_rudabar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 00:05 am

Chris, Rock & Road on the lynx trading estate (near Yeovil Motor Factors, sort of opposite the Magnet spam) should be able to help. The only GT shop is the halfords!
Avoid TRI UK, grumpy s0ds in there much of the time...

Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to sort something out - happy to travel a bit, just need to get some fitness back...

scars

Postby scars » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 am

dave_rudabar wrote:.

Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to sort something out - happy to travel a bit, just need to get some fitness back...

Im with you on that mate, ive been off the bike properly for 12 months now so need to get my fitness back up to scratch

OliverHerdsman

Postby OliverHerdsman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Im defintiely up for a ride any time!

There's a good bike shop in Sherborne in the car park below the Somerfields car park - always friendly and reasonably priced.

scars

Postby scars » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Looks like weve got a decent crew 8)

If you all drop me your email addresses via PM ill try and get some kinda organisation in place. Then if you fancy a ride we can send a email to the group to see whos up for it

Im guessing most of you guys are XC riders?

cochris1234

Postby cochris1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 16:29 pm

yo thanks for the info. need to check work programme as its changing all the time but sounds good to me. as for XC aslong as it has lots of down hill sections to get the blood pumping. tend to ride these types of areas, plym bridge (just outside plymouth), afan, QEP, exeter and a few circuits around Dartmoor,my email is roodogy2k@googlemail.com if anyone wants to try and get out here or if you are down plymouth way at anytime.[/url]

KonaKurt

Postby KonaKurt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 23:15 pm

I think the Taunton direction is a bit too far for me, especialyl as I don't drive, but I'll have a think about rides nearer to Yeovil/Sherborne or Blackmore Vale..?

I myself am only looking for easy rides for the moment, though, because I feel like a completely lost alien in this area at the moment, having just moved here! (that's alien as in stranger, not green man with stalks! lol). I'm unusually nervous actually about riding at all and I think I need to have a good wonder about alone first and get my bearings, but you guys should meet up :)

KK.

PS: Anyone know any interesting rides around Gillingham or Wincanton?

KonaKurt

Postby KonaKurt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 23:29 pm

By the way Oliver, I also recommend that bike shop in Sherborne (Too Tyred). Maybe not a huge range in stock, but the service is superb, and Mark who runs it is simply superb!

KK in Milborne Port
(where Crud Catchers are essential!)

OliverHerdsman

Postby OliverHerdsman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 01:08 am

KK you're in Milborne Port too?? Yeah I spoke to hi mthe other day and he says he's getting in some more MTB stuff, tryign to get stock up...was suggesting to me a Cove handjob frame. Nice guy

scars

Postby scars » Mon Jan 18, 2010 18:23 pm

Anyone up for riding tommorow??

I have a day off so keen to stretch the legs a lil 8)

OliverHerdsman

Postby OliverHerdsman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 18:39 pm

anyone riding tomorrow, Saturday??? I have no idea what there is to ride around here so would love to join a ride in the Dorset/Somerset/Devon area.

KonaKurt

Postby KonaKurt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 22:09 pm

Oliver :o)
How old are you, and what kind of riding are you thinking about exactly? There's not much around Milborne at all. PM me and let me know!

KK.

v8camel

Postby v8camel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:47 pm

i'm just out side thornford slowly getting a series of routes together 20kish bridleways/ucrs that sort of thing

paul

Jake2.0

Re: Anyone near Wincanton Sherborne Gillingham Yeovil region

Postby Jake2.0 » Tue May 15, 2012 21:43 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old post was wondering if you guys still ride the Yeovil area? I'm just looking to get out weeknights except Thursday, Friday and at the weekend. No downhill extreme stuff but willing to travel to meet up for a good trail. I've tried Ham Hill but to be honest just seemed to run into alot of dead ends so someone with good local knowledge would be great. I ride for fun and to try to get fit so XC trails would be best for me.

jizzleb

Postby jizzleb » Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:04 pm

Resurrecting an old post as well. I'm in Nether Compton near sherborne/yeovil.

If any one fancies going for a ride let me know. Ride XC but haven't lived round here for long so not an expert when it comes to navigation!

PM me if you fancy a ride.

Cheers
Canyon Nerve XC
Spec Allez
GT XCR SingleSpeed
GT Dyno

speshpat

Postby speshpat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 13:21 pm

Hi,
I live between Yeovil & Crewkerne. If you fancy a ride i'm about most weekends. I know the area reasonably well. A few of us started riding locally a couple of years ago, just fun stuff. We have an away ride every now & then Quantocks, Exmoor, Dartmoor that sort of thing. Let me know if you want to get out?

DanDevine

Postby DanDevine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 06:05 am

Im from West Wales But have family living in Somerton is there anywhere around the area (dont mind a small drive) where I can Ride XC with a few decent DH sections ?!?! Ive ridden the Black,Red,Green and Blue Runs @ Brechfa and have done the FOD

Thanks in Advance

r_o_b_h

Postby r_o_b_h » Mon Sep 28, 2015 15:48 pm

I ride a fair bit up into Penselwood, King Arthurs Tower and Stourhead, up on to the Mere Downs, there are any number of route, logging paths which join some nice albeit muddy single track if you know where to look, and the trees are in places sparse enough to go through. you can investigate yourself, park at the tower and peddle go from there.

RockmonkeySC

Postby RockmonkeySC » Wed Sep 30, 2015 19:18 pm

Stourhead is ok but there's much better riding at Longleat which isn't bad to ride to from Stourhead.
Apparently there's some good trails at Puddle Town as well but I haven't been down there yet.

Return to “MTB Rides”