Ibis Mojo HD

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)

what colour pedals???

Poll ended at Thu Mar 17, 2011 18:28 pm

black
40%
white
30%
techno lime green
30%

Total votes: 10

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Sat Mar 19, 2011 20:08 pm

Very nice.

Personally not sure about those pedals.

Full spec list and weight please :D

D-Cyph3r

Postby D-Cyph3r » Sat Mar 19, 2011 20:11 pm

Yeah, pedals definitely should have been white or black. :lol:

Looks bloody lurvely though mate. :D

Dick Scruttock

Postby Dick Scruttock » Sat Mar 19, 2011 23:04 pm

Very nice. I am also interested in the full weight of it when you get chance to weigh it.

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 08:19 am

thanks for the comments guys :) there are quite a few colours on it atm, im thinking the gold chain might have to go, and as ive said the decals on the wheels and forks will be changed to green, and the silver chainring is only temporary to get it up and running, will be swapped for a black one when clee cycles have stock again. weight wise it weighs a little more than id hoped, with heavyish tubes its around 26.7, so when i go tubeless im hoping it will drop below 26, and the steerer needs cutting too, just left it so i can experiment with the bar height, altho it feels pretty good as it is. off out on its maiden voyage in abit, will report on how it rides :D

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 08:25 am

Tabs24 wrote:forgot to ask above, how do you like your Hope tech X2 brakes i cant decide what brakes to get for my Intense Tracer, Tech X2's or Formula RX or Formula "The One's" if i can afford them

im a huge hope fan, ive had the old style 07 minis for a while now, and they just work so well, ive bled them once since buying them and they have been spot on ever since, and the original hope pads last forever, which ive found is never the case with avid, shimano or magura, so going for the x2's was a no brainer for me, more than enough power for my 11 stone, a few guys i ride with have m4's and they just felt marginally more powerful, but are alot heavier, the formulas are great tho, so it might be worth finding a few demo brakes with them fitted and see which you prefer :)

Tabs24

Postby Tabs24 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 08:57 am

Thanks for the reply, my bro has a Mojo sl thats running Formula R1 and they are awesome,

only problem i want all black brakes with gold hints so might have to get the bodies anodised

I could just get XT brakes but i want something a bit more...you know... special

if the chain is going, let me know as i think the gold would look sweet on my tracer

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 14:59 pm

ok so after the first ride this morning i have to say this .... fooking nora this thing flies!!! :shock: it accelerates like no other susser ive ridden, put the power down and it just flies, probably down to the DW-link and the mega stiff frame, which is another great aspect of the bike, it feels rock solid, and even though my local trails arent technical u can really feel the front end stiffness as you turn in, a couple of times in under estimated just hard this thing can be cornered, so far i feel like ive only scratched the surface of what it can do :D seriously impressed with the fox forks as well, they feel alot more controlld than the revelations ive got, perhaps not as supple over smaller bumps, but as son as the speed picks up they really start to come into there own, top notch fork 8)

so full spec:

Frame: 2011 Ibis Mojo HD140
Forks: 2011 Fox 32 Float 150 QR15
Bars: KCNC SC Wing bar 710mm
Stem: KCNC Flyride 80mm
Headset: FSA Gravity tapered
Grips: ODI Troy Lee lock on

Front Brake: Hope Tech X2
Front Caliper: Hope Tech X2
Front disc: superstar 180mm
Rear Brake: Hope Tech X2
Rear Caliper: Hope Tech X2
Rear Disc: superstar 160mm
Hoses: Hope

Shifters: Shimano XT dynasis
Cables: XTR with clarks white outer
Front Mech: Shimano XT dynasis
Rear Mech: Shimano XT dynasis

Seat: Fizik Gobi XM
Seat Post: Nukeproof warhead
Seat Post Clamp: Ibis

Cranks: Shimano XT
Chainring(s): TA Specialites 38/24
Chain: KMC X10 sl Ti
Cassette: Shimano XT 10 speed 11-36
Pedals: Superstar nano tech
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT

Front Wheel: Custom
Rim: Stans crest
Spokes: DT supercomp
Hub: Hope pro 2 QR15
Tube: Scwalbe
Tire: Scwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25

Back Wheel: Custom
Rim: Stans Crest
Spokes: DT supercomp
Hub: Hope pro 2 135x12mm
Tube: Scwalbe
Tire: Scwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25

Weight: 26.7lbs

there you go cwnt, the full spec of my dream bike :D

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Sun Mar 20, 2011 15:35 pm

Nicely done.

Still say you should have gone for Black pedals with green pins though.

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 16:17 pm

Cat With No Tail wrote:Nicely done.

Still say you should have gone for Black pedals with green pins though.

all down to opinion arent they, i love them, and i reckon when ive got the black chainrings and green crest stickers on, they'll look even better, but its personall taste at the end of the day :lol:

Beardface

Postby Beardface » Sun Mar 20, 2011 17:01 pm

Seriously nice Lawman, I really, really like that.. you pretty much have my dream bike!

Where do you live please, and what times are you not in? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Sun Mar 20, 2011 17:36 pm

does look nice though, and I also approve of the use of colout co-ordinated zip-ties.

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 18:16 pm

Cat With No Tail wrote:does look nice though, and I also approve of the use of colout co-ordinated zip-ties.

every little helps doesnt it :lol:

stav, no one other than myself has ridden it yet, and frankly im so scared of it being broken, thats not gonna change anytime soon, i even walked it round som of the muddier parts of our local trails today :oops: :lol:

BigStu2

Postby BigStu2 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 18:58 pm

Very nice, however I do think your running your discs backwards, the saw tooth shouldn't face forwards as all sorts of crap can be drawn into the caliper, other than that, Awesome.
.........all
...at........work
fun..................&
..no.............no
.....is......play

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 21:04 pm

BigStu2 wrote:Very nice, however I do think your running your discs backwards, the saw tooth shouldn't face forwards as all sorts of crap can be drawn into the caliper, other than that, Awesome.

apparently according to superstar they're the right way round, and i built it in a hurry ready for this weekend, but they seem to work fine as they are :lol:

pastey_boy

Postby pastey_boy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 22:48 pm

beautiful bike. personally i dont think the white works, i would have gone for gunmetal and polished silver. you really have got me thinking about one of these though. reckon this would look nice
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shaman-Racing-Kar ... 68c754204a
Viner Salviati
Time Speeder S
Giant Propel Advanced
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
Yeti ASR 5
Dolan Preffisio

Beardface

Postby Beardface » Mon Mar 21, 2011 08:44 am

lawman wrote:stav, no one other than myself has ridden it yet, and frankly im so scared of it being broken, thats not gonna change anytime soon, i even walked it round som of the muddier parts of our local trails today :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Brilliant.. we're all like that with new bikes to start with though, that'll soon change!

lawman

Postby lawman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 09:07 am

Stav wrote:
lawman wrote:stav, no one other than myself has ridden it yet, and frankly im so scared of it being broken, thats not gonna change anytime soon, i even walked it round som of the muddier parts of our local trails today :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Brilliant.. we're all like that with new bikes to start with though, that'll soon change!

yep I've no doubt it will change, but seeing as the trails are drying out nicely and I have the maxlight as proper wet weather bike now, hopefully it'll continue to look as good as it does for a while :lol: I'm going to try it out on some of the more technical trails we ride soon, should be awesome to see how it gets on some proper trails :D

Thewaylander

Postby Thewaylander » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm

lawman wrote:
Cat With No Tail wrote:does look nice though, and I also approve of the use of colout co-ordinated zip-ties.

every little helps doesnt it :lol:

stav, no one other than myself has ridden it yet, and frankly im so scared of it being broken, thats not gonna change anytime soon, i even walked it round som of the muddier parts of our local trails today :oops: :lol:

Pansey :p

bails87

Postby bails87 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 am

lawman wrote:[ I have the maxlight as proper wet weather bike now,

What are you, a roadie?! :lol:

Seriously nice bike there though. I'm tempted by one, but I imagine my local riding is even worse than yours, I could do it all on a cyclocross! :lol:
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

Thewaylander

Postby Thewaylander » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:13 pm

So you really ridden yet? or are you still polishing boyo :p

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”