celebrity cyclist haters

Serious discussion of cycling issues
bianchimoon

celebrity cyclist haters

Postby bianchimoon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 20:27 pm

Just wondered if anyone knew of any more other than
Matthew Parris
(failed politician turned failed journalist)
James martin
(fat @rsed commi chef)
Adam Raynor
(how can he be a serious motoring journalist when the power to weight figures of anything he tests will be sha99ed?)

It's about time these people were held to account for promoting irresponsible acts towards cyclists

rant over

downfader

Postby downfader » Fri Jan 28, 2011 23:12 pm

His name is Rayner, not "or" iirc.

I've heard Jeremy Vine say some stuff in the past. Just the usual rubbish. Mathew Wright too, though he purports to be one of us.

Pross

Postby Pross » Mon Jan 31, 2011 13:33 pm

Interestingly there was an article in one of the Sunday supplements by James Martin and he starts off talking about how he used to go out on his BMX and eventually crashed into a gate leaving himself knocked out. I think a lot of these people just say things to get attention without thinking about the consequences of what they are saying.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 14:17 pm

Pross wrote:Interestingly there was an article in one of the Sunday supplements by James Martin and he starts off talking about how he used to go out on his BMX and eventually crashed into a gate leaving himself knocked out. I think a lot of these people just say things to get attention without thinking about the consequences of what they are saying.

I also think that if you've only ever experienced roads in a vehicle, it's tough to really understand the primal fear/ heightened awareness poor/dangerous driving generates when you're on a bike. A lack of experience usually results in an inability to empathise.

For example, when I see an angry cyclist knocking on my window because I cut a corner a little tight and foced him into the pavement, I can absolutely appreciate why he's like that.

When I get an angry taxi driver shouting at me because I'm costing him cash by stalling my car at the lights, I have no sympathy whatsoever, and believe he's a c*nt, because I've never been a cabbie, and so don't appreciate that problem.

downfader

Postby downfader » Mon Jan 31, 2011 17:09 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
Pross wrote:Interestingly there was an article in one of the Sunday supplements by James Martin and he starts off talking about how he used to go out on his BMX and eventually crashed into a gate leaving himself knocked out. I think a lot of these people just say things to get attention without thinking about the consequences of what they are saying.

I also think that if you've only ever experienced roads in a vehicle, it's tough to really understand the primal fear/ heightened awareness poor/dangerous driving generates when you're on a bike. A lack of experience usually results in an inability to empathise.

For example, when I see an angry cyclist knocking on my window because I cut a corner a little tight and foced him into the pavement, I can absolutely appreciate why he's like that.

When I get an angry taxi driver shouting at me because I'm costing him cash by stalling my car at the lights, I have no sympathy whatsoever, and believe he's a c*nt, because I've never been a cabbie, and so don't appreciate that problem.

The word you're looking for is "empathy" I think. :)

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 17:29 pm

downfader wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:

It's a little more than that. After all, I use the word empathise :P .

downfader

Postby downfader » Mon Jan 31, 2011 17:41 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
downfader wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:

It's a little more than that. After all, I use the word empathise :P .

Dang, missed that. :oops: I blame the 6 mile run this afternoon. :lol:

Oh and it dont cost the taxi driver, his customer pays. So he is a c*** :wink: :lol:

Juttzman

Postby Juttzman » Mon May 16, 2011 08:29 am

Jeremy Clarkson hates us....I hate him to be fair, hope the injuction fails

thegreatdivide

Postby thegreatdivide » Fri May 27, 2011 14:41 pm

Clarkson's wife doesn't hate cyclists

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

BelgianBeerGeek

Postby BelgianBeerGeek » Mon May 30, 2011 19:02 pm

It is mainly willy-waving gobbing off. Cycling is an easy target. There is no way the same comments would be made about gays, or disabled kids (unless it's Frankie Boyle). Just ignore them and they will get bored and go away.

west green

Postby west green » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 am

Fat, pompous oaf Eamon Holmes tweeted yesterday about "sports staying in stadiums" after getting caught in traffic in yesterday's Olympic cycle showcase - even after all the warnings. Tweet him back,

izzy Eviel

Postby izzy Eviel » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Does the nice bloke from BB1 live in RIchmond? If he does, he did try to run me over. Looked him anyway, can't remember his name. The builder.

Pross

Postby Pross » Tue Aug 16, 2011 09:45 am

west green wrote:Fat, pompous oaf Eamon Holmes tweeted yesterday about "sports staying in stadiums" after getting caught in traffic in yesterday's Olympic cycle showcase - even after all the warnings. Tweet him back,

I wonder if he would say the same after the London Marathon? Lets face it, the size he has become he needs plenty of road space to himself.

Mouth

Postby Mouth » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 am

Pross wrote:
west green wrote:Fat, pompous oaf Eamon Holmes tweeted yesterday about "sports staying in stadiums" after getting caught in traffic in yesterday's Olympic cycle showcase - even after all the warnings. Tweet him back,

I wonder if he would say the same after the London Marathon? Lets face it, the size he has become he needs plenty of road space to himself.

He should think about all the commuters who use a bike. Imagine how stuck he'd be if they all used a car instead every day.
The only disability in life is a poor attitude.

Teddy Westside

Postby Teddy Westside » Sun Aug 21, 2011 13:01 pm

Let's face it, all Eamonn Holmes really knows about sport involves Man Utd. At least I think I heard him mention that team's name once. :roll: I suppose he doesn't complain if he gets stuck in traffic jams caused by fans going to and from indoor and stadium sporting events then? :twisted:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Focus Cayo Expert (road)
Giant ATX 970 (full susp)
Trek Alpha 4300 (hardtail)
Peugeot 525 Comp (road - turbo trainer duties)

SteveR_100Milers

Postby SteveR_100Milers » Wed Aug 24, 2011 19:03 pm

thegreatdivide wrote:Clarkson's wife doesn't hate cyclists

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml

I found the link to Carol Vorderman in tight jans more interesting...though I did laugh at the "dressed in a lycra ensemble" ffs.

Return to “Campaign”