Someone is trying to steal my bike..!

Serious discussion of cycling issues
denzzz28

Postby denzzz28 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 08:43 am

mr_si wrote:1. You're nuts leaving a good bike in a public place.
2. You own a portable angle grinder? I think your first post should have said '... but its OK I've got a portable angle grinder I'll just trash the thief's lock and get on with my day'

1. its my only bike so i have no choice but to use it for uni. (unless you want to donate one to me)
2. i just happen to have an angle grinder because im also a keen DIY man.

;)

nicklouse
Lives Here

Postby nicklouse » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 am

denzzz28 wrote:
mr_si wrote:1. You're nuts leaving a good bike in a public place.
2. You own a portable angle grinder? I think your first post should have said '... but its OK I've got a portable angle grinder I'll just trash the thief's lock and get on with my day'

1. its my only bike so i have no choice but to use it for uni. (unless you want to donate one to me)
2. i just happen to have an angle grinder because im also a keen DIY man.

;)

can you affor to replace it?

get a RAT bike (bumblebee auctions) Police recoved bikes for less than a student night out.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

priory

Postby priory » Thu Oct 13, 2011 09:44 am

. its my only bike so i have no choice but to use it for uni. (unless you want to donate one to me)

If you keep going like this you will have no bike at all

that carlton I pointed to would, in its day, have done the 100mile club weekend rides and been better than some of the others on the run. It sold for less than 100 pounds. Thieves would not want it.

How much do you want to lose ?

this thing has done huge milage over 30yrs and is worth probably 50pounds if I could sell it, but it is so practical I cannot stop using it and mending it.
raleigh oakland, peugeot PY10, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow

jc4lab

Postby jc4lab » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 am

Maybe best not to use a qulaity bike for university. but get yourself a low value one..Had two bikes pinched once.from the entrance of my flat in South Manc.university bedsit-land.The best one went,the older scuffy one (a painted upraleigh royal)dumped a few yards away from my flat in Fallowfirld,..Put top notch components on the old bike and kept it scuffy.. sprayed it amateur style and had it for years with no one ever interested in pinching it.

ooermissus

Re: update!

Postby ooermissus » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

denzzz28 wrote:1-0 for the humble bike owner!!

I manage to cut the damn Lock after 15mins. by the way the lock was a Kryptonite Newyork lock, it was a tough lock but not tough enough for my angle grinder. it was quite uncomfortable doing it though..! especially when people are looking at you thinking "is he stealing the bike" lol!!

so better luck next time BIKE THIEVES!!!! next time make it harder

Great. Congratulations.

bus_ter

Re: Someone is trying to steal my bike..!

Postby bus_ter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 20:51 pm

Stealing a bike in plain view? Nobody cares, no one will stop you or challenge you :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbklkFuFk-4

Return to “Campaign”