Do you wear a helmet?

Serious discussion of cycling issues
Wirral_Paul

Re: Do you wear a helmet?

Postby Wirral_Paul » Tue Mar 20, 2012 21:08 pm

weadmire wrote:Bompington, trying to have fun but smarting really is closer to the mark, fess up, you will feel better for it.

Funny how its only you Weadmire that seems to think you're getting the better of anyone!! You're not - and god knows why you think Bompington would be "smarting"?? Do explain!!

Funny how you conveniently ignored my previous post anyway - clearly got no clever answer to your own forgetfulness as to what you're argument is regarding the effectiveness of helmets then?

Maybe you should just "Swim off" and let your own contradictions lie

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:04 am

Tempted to lock this thread.

Any objections?

dodgy

Postby dodgy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 am

weadmire wrote:Josh,
It is ill mannered to presume my motivation might be similar to yours, more so in the face of what has already been said. I will be kind and just say I think you are out of your depth....

weadmire

Postby weadmire » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:34 am

Wirral_Paul,
On the matter of winning the argument: It is a characteristic of forums that the supporters of one side or other join in the argument when the person whom they support falters. When Bompington lost his composure and started fabricating quotes and swearing, you and several others came to his aide. When you lost your composure and started being insulting something similar happened, cooldad, tried to be cool and shouldbeinbed tried something similar, Bompington tried to make out he was enjoying himself, no one believed him, and now someone wants to lock the thread. You know enough to know this is because you and yours are losing the argument. Try for another opinion, try and get someone you know to read the exchanges and say yes Wirral_Paul your argument is clear and logical you are getting your point across.

Meanwhile, your points, what points? You claim I am contradicting myself, how so? Certainly the examples you attempt to give are just cobblers.

Earlier on page three of this thread, you said:

“Oh - and 8 years racing, 6 at 2nd Cat and a lot of crashes in my 20's when i didnt have the sense of self preservation i have now and was pretty much a lunatic descender. No head injuries though strangely.”

To me this seems to say you did not wear a helmet in your youth, that you were a little reckless, presumably came off, but did not hit your head. Now older with a better sense of self preservation you wear a helmet and you are on record as admitting you did hit your head while wearing a helmet. Your experience matches mine. Surprise....

Please point out where I have claimed “proof” rather than presented “evidence”.

Tom Crisp's opinion is evidence it is not proof, it was articulate and interesting and it matched my experience and apparently yours and probably that of most of the readers of this thread. But you don't like it, please explain why.
WeAdmire.net
13-15 Great Eastern Street
London EC2A 3EJ

bompington

Postby bompington » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 pm

weadmire wrote:When Bompington lost his composure and started fabricating quotes and swearing

It's called "parody" you imbecile, and it's really not hard to do when you're the subject. As for swearing, where?

weadmire wrote:Bompington tried to make out he was enjoying himself, no one believed him

OK, fair enough, I'm not really enjoying myself that much, it's just a kind of appalled fascination (hence the Bedlam picture in my previous post). As usual I'm struggling to follow the knight's move thinking in your post about who's supporting who, but I have a suspicion that most readers of this thread probably believe me a bit more than you. Just a hunch.

Go ahead and lock if you want Rick, I'm not sure if there's anything in here that's very terrible but I think we're way beyond any useful discussion here, and even the amusement is beginning to pall ;-)

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 16:58 pm

Locked - Descended into a personal slanging match long ago.

Return to “Campaign”