racing blogs...?

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
okgo

Re: racing blogs...?

Postby okgo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 15:59 pm

Good work mate.

I have done a shameless post about buying expensive equipment. :D
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

Johnpsanderson

Postby Johnpsanderson » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Benjamin Hall wrote:Updated mine with last weeks racing. No decent photos though unfortunately.

Thanks to all the people who have checked out my blog through this forum. If you have any opinions or suggestions please feel free to comment and tell me that i'm a clueless fool... I wont cry...honest :cry:

Crikey - 4th race out and you bag a 2nd - and you fancy riding a 6 day stage race this year! Jeez! Well written blog - just galling for those of us who are less talented on the bike. And in prose too probably! Whilst you were blasting round I was cursing the fact that best laid plans have gone awry and my 2012 debut has been postponed due to a cold... Damnit!!!! www.meandthemountain.wordpress.com/
Put me back on my bike...

t' blog: http://meandthemountain.wordpress.com/

CakeLovinBeast

Postby CakeLovinBeast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 13:00 pm

Benjamin Hall wrote:Updated mine to include the last race and some other ramblings.

I think i might give Hog Hill a go this saturday. If i can figure out a way to get there from Bristol that doesnt cost a fortune... Does anyone know if there is a safe place I can leave a bike box at the circuit? I dont drive, so would need to get a combination of buses and trains.

If you're going from Bristol, would it not be worth trying some of the Somerset Road Club / Chard Wheelers events down at Ilton? Or are you stuck without transport?
Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic

CakeLovinBeast

Postby CakeLovinBeast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 13:06 pm

Ignore that - I've just seen from your blog that you are going to be there on Saturday! See you there!

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Mon Mar 05, 2012 22:44 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm really enjoying writing it.

Ive updated it for the last race, a very fun ride at Ludgerdshall!

See you all at Ilton hopefully.

ps. Rob, very very nice bike!

okgo

Postby okgo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 09:59 am

You'll win one soon. Although in an odd way winning heaps pressure on you, when I did my first two races and won both 4th then 3rd cat people I think expected me to do it every week, its easy to get caught up in that!

Thanks, I still have not ridden the bike!!! Shameful, got my first road race on Sunday so want to make sure it rides ok before then
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Sat Mar 10, 2012 16:37 pm

No glorious win today at Ilton, just a nasty crash. I got off lightly (although i dont feel like it), one of the guys in the same crash broke his collarbone.

I'l write up the race when my wrist feels better.

Zoomer37

Postby Zoomer37 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Benjamin Hall wrote:No glorious win today at Ilton, just a nasty crash. I got off lightly (although i dont feel like it), one of the guys in the same crash broke his collarbone.

I'l write up the race when my wrist feels better.

Hope your feeling ok today mate! Couple of nasty crashes there yesterday. The one I somehow dodged on the last lap was horrible..

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Sun Mar 11, 2012 13:54 pm

Cheers Mark. I had to A and E in the end. Right wrist is in plaster for at least 10 days, no obvious breaks though. Hows the groin?

Zoomer37

Postby Zoomer37 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 16:02 pm

Benjamin Hall wrote:Cheers Mark. I had to A and E in the end. Right wrist is in plaster for at least 10 days, no obvious breaks though. Hows the groin?

Crikey! Rest it up mate. Not sure if I've strained my groin again or it's the muscles around there. Couldn't even sit on the bike today :(

CakeLovinBeast

Postby CakeLovinBeast » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 am

Sorry to hear about the crashes... The 4ths only race was crash free, which I was pleasantly surprised about for my first race! I was keeping an eye out for you Ben, but didn't spot anyone that actually was you I don't think. Saw one of your teammates (guy in yellow Mavic socks) have a clipless moment next to the signing-on tent though.

I wasn't in any way contesting for places in my race, but for a first one, I had an absolute blast. I'll be back again next weekend for more!

okgo

Postby okgo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 am

Did my first road race this weekend, what fun!

Done a new entry driveling on about it :)

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Wed Mar 14, 2012 20:42 pm

Weekly update done (one handed lol)

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 13:39 pm

Ive just updated mine for last weeks race down in Devon.

Raced again this morning, the Pittards, but it was fairly uneventful for me. I just didnt have the legs today. Oh well.

greeny12

Postby greeny12 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 am

Benjamin Hall wrote:Ive just updated mine for last weeks race down in Devon.

Raced again this morning, the Pittards, but it was fairly uneventful for me. I just didnt have the legs today. Oh well.

You should stick a hyperlink in the race reports sticky thread too
My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
http://ontherivet.ning.com/

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Mon Apr 02, 2012 14:36 pm

How might one do that?

okgo

Postby okgo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 14:45 pm

Did a hilly 2/3 at the weekend, wasn't in top form health wise, but certainly no doubt I would have found it bloody hard even on a good day. Did a write up too. Feeling much better now though, and even though did such a short amount with the bunch still felt like I got a workout before leaving :)

greeny12

Postby greeny12 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 16:59 pm

Benjamin Hall wrote:How might one do that?

Look to the very top of the Amateur Race section and you'll see the sticky thread for race reports. Then do a new post cutting and pasting the link to your latest blog race report. Simples! :wink:
My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:

http://ontherivet.ning.com/

jbwilliamz

Postby jbwilliamz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Written up an entry after doing the Paris-Roubaix Challenge over the weekend...

www.jbwilliamz.blogspot.co.uk

Benjamin Hall

Postby Benjamin Hall » Sat Apr 07, 2012 20:05 pm

Just read yours from today Rob, congrats on the 6th place. It was a very hard course, the hill was a bloody nightmare once it started to rain a bit, absolutely no grip. Not really one for a climber as the hill was so short, sharp and brutal..fun though.

A couple of us from the BRC did the 2/3 race (my first with 2nds) and it was an eyeopener. I just made it into the points though, somewhere between 10th and 15th.

Good day out.

Return to “Amateur Race”