Anyone raced in Luxembourg?

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
MajorMantra

Anyone raced in Luxembourg?

Postby MajorMantra » Fri May 18, 2012 14:18 pm

Does anyone have experience of racing in Luxembourg? I actually grew up there but ironically did not develop an interest in cycling until moving to Scotland for university.

I was wondering idly if it would be feasible to race there on my BC license. I realise the standard is probably rather high as with most of the continent but it could be amusing to give it a go if the cost isn't prohibitive. I've obviously looked at the FSCL site (http://www.fscl.lu/) but I can't see any mention of foreign licenses.

Pross

Re: Anyone raced in Luxembourg?

Postby Pross » Sat May 19, 2012 20:41 pm

Have a look at this http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/about/article/bc-Racing-and-Riding-Abroad---Top-Tips-Before-You-Travel-0 should be possible with full BC licence and letter of permission from BC. I'm sure their membership people will be able to give advice. Working out what category to ride in might be the hardest part.

MajorMantra

Postby MajorMantra » Sat May 19, 2012 22:27 pm

Thanks Pross, I'll shoot them an email.

esafosfina

Postby esafosfina » Tue Jun 19, 2012 14:20 pm

Pack a 23 or 25 sprocket! It's, er... lumpy to say the least! I rode a couple of kermesse style races down there, Fleche du Sud, and the Tour de Lux a few times... usually really good roads.

edhornby

Postby edhornby » Tue Jun 19, 2012 15:07 pm

you could aim for a podium but I think there are 2 quick geezers from there, can't TT for toffee tho ;-)
"I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
--Jens Voight

Return to “Amateur Race”