Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Organising a ride? Looking for riding buddies? Arrange your rides here.

Which day for an uplift?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 13, 2012 22:25 pm

2nd September
2
33%
9th September
4
67%
 
Total votes: 6

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 18471
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 22:26 pm

Mojo_666 wrote:Stevo you got lucky with the weather today huh 8) , yesterday was shocking, half the riders were gone by the afternoon. :lol: I stuck it out tho...

Mojo, we couldn't believe our luck after seeing how bad it was when we arrived on Saturday eve. We heard from Darrell and Kenny that it was pretty grim yesterday. Today it rained a bit at 9.30am then the sun came out: it started raining again when we left CC just after 6 !
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 18471
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Stevo 666 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:38 pm

miss notax wrote::lol: :lol:

Hope the hand gets better quickly :D

Not as quick as I'd hoped - fractured my index metacarpal :(
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

miss notax
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 17:15 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby miss notax » Mon Jun 18, 2012 15:45 pm

Oh no!!! :shock:

Sorry to hear this.... I still hope it gets better quickly though (albeit perhaps not as quickly as before :( )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

User avatar
Mojo_666
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 15:05 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Mojo_666 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 19:12 pm

Hope the hand gets better, seems MRG was taking snaps yesterday which might cheer you up :)

http://www.mrgphotography.co.uk/cwmcarn-dh-17-06-12

miss notax
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 17:15 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby miss notax » Mon Jun 18, 2012 20:55 pm

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Notax
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 09:58 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Notax » Mon Jun 18, 2012 21:19 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
miss notax wrote::lol: :lol:

Hope the hand gets better quickly :D

Not as quick as I'd hoped - fractured my index metacarpal :(


Good to meet you too Stevo, again sorry to hear your hand is more mashed than you'd hoped :( Maybe by the time its recovered the sun will have come out :D

User avatar
The Northern Monkey
Posts: 19547
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:13 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby The Northern Monkey » Mon Jun 18, 2012 22:16 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
miss notax wrote::lol: :lol:

Hope the hand gets better quickly :D

Not as quick as I'd hoped - fractured my index metacarpal :(


Bugger dude, did look swollen!

GWS!!

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 18471
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Stevo 666 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 22:45 pm

Thanks Folks, at least I can just about type with two fingers still, even with my hand in plaster :)

Mojo - ta for the link, he got a few decent pics of me before I crashed and burned - may buy a couple to get me fired up about going again when I'm fixed up properly.

http://www.mrgphotography.co.uk/p6178854

PS: Just noticed I also put a massive split in the peak of my helmet - must have been a decent faceplant :P
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

User avatar
The Northern Monkey
Posts: 19547
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:13 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby The Northern Monkey » Mon Jun 18, 2012 23:00 pm

I screenshot a few lol.. check my Canyon thread!

User avatar
Mojo_666
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 15:05 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Mojo_666 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 19:23 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:Thanks Folks, at least I can just about type with two fingers still, even with my hand in plaster :)

Mojo - ta for the link, he got a few decent pics of me before I crashed and burned - may buy a couple to get me fired up about going again when I'm fixed up properly.

http://www.mrgphotography.co.uk/p6178854

PS: Just noticed I also put a massive split in the peak of my helmet - must have been a decent faceplant :P


Nice pic, I can see the white of your eyes (well the right eye) where did you crash? and how is your hand?

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 18471
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Stevo 666 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 09:54 am

Mojo_666 wrote:Nice pic, I can see the white of your eyes (well the right eye) where did you crash? and how is your hand?

I crashed on the middle section just past those 2 rock steps - going too fast for my ability. Hand is still in the cast but I'm going to see the consultant on Friday and hopefully it can come off then or maybe next week - it's not really painful and I can move it and pick up light stuff but it's driving me mad !
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

User avatar
Angry Bird
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 09:31 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Angry Bird » Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:25 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
Mojo_666 wrote:Nice pic, I can see the white of your eyes (well the right eye) where did you crash? and how is your hand?

I crashed on the middle section just past those 2 rock steps - going too fast for my ability. Hand is still in the cast but I'm going to see the consultant on Friday and hopefully it can come off then or maybe next week - it's not really painful and I can move it and pick up light stuff but it's driving me mad !


I've had some narrow escapes there too, back end gets a bit twitchy at times and I just end up hanging trying to point the bike in the right direction :lol: Hope the hands healing up nicely though.

Right then, the polls run for a while now and the 9th has won it appears for the date.

I'll get booking my place tomorrow, should have money in the bank by then which will make a change.

User avatar
The Northern Monkey
Posts: 19547
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:13 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby The Northern Monkey » Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:39 pm

Will have to wait till next payday with this scotland thing coming up... :(

Had some practice on the Canyon on Saturday, the new stem is inspires confidence! Much more weight over the back so stayed off the brakes more than ever!
Waiting for another pic from the mighty ray gun..

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 18471
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun September!

Postby Stevo 666 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 22:52 pm

Angry Bird wrote:[I've had some narrow escapes there too, back end gets a bit twitchy at times and I just end up hanging trying to point the bike in the right direction :lol: Hope the hands healing up nicely though.


Cheers AB, still in plaster till end of next week by which time I'll have a left forearm like a firkin twig :evil: . At least they changed the cast as it was starting to whiff a bit :) Will have to see how long it takes to get full strength back as part of the problem was arm pump !
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

User avatar
Proutster
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby Proutster » Tue Jul 31, 2012 13:50 pm

Right then - after the Cruddy fun at Innerleithen DH on Sunday I've seriously got the bug for not cycling up hills!!

Is this definitely on for the 9th September?

If so, who's coming? Has anyone booked the uplift yet?

User avatar
Angry Bird
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 09:31 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby Angry Bird » Tue Jul 31, 2012 16:29 pm

Yes, it's definitely for the 9th.

I'm yet to book. I will be doing so by the end of this week, just need to wait for cash to hit the bank account after I pay it in tomorrow, other than that I'm literally broke at the moment, got my deposit back and it went straight out again for the next house :lol:

User avatar
The Northern Monkey
Posts: 19547
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:13 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby The Northern Monkey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 16:59 pm

20 slots left on the 9th... if someone else books, I'll book :lol:

Proutster... get on it man!

User avatar
Proutster
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby Proutster » Tue Jul 31, 2012 17:38 pm

Booked!!

Northern Monkey - I'm on it, you get on it man!!

Might well come down on the Saturday night and book myself a B&B so that I'm there bright and early :D

User avatar
The Northern Monkey
Posts: 19547
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:13 pm

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby The Northern Monkey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 19:02 pm

Proutster wrote:Booked!!

Northern Monkey - I'm on it, you get on it man!!

Might well come down on the Saturday night and book myself a B&B so that I'm there bright and early :D



BOOKED :D

User avatar
Proutster
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

Postby Proutster » Tue Jul 31, 2012 19:34 pm

The Northern Monkey wrote:
Proutster wrote:Booked!!

Northern Monkey - I'm on it, you get on it man!!

Might well come down on the Saturday night and book myself a B&B so that I'm there bright and early :D



BOOKED :D


Good Man!!

Now get Squarepants on the case!


Return to “MTB Rides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests