Paralympic cyclist hit by car - Daily Mail article

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
HebdenBiker

Paralympic cyclist hit by car - Daily Mail article

Postby HebdenBiker » Tue Jul 10, 2012 21:37 pm

Rachel Morris may miss the Games after she was hit by a car while riding a TT. The DM article is OK, but the comments underneath are shocking...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2171439/Paralympics-2012-Cycling-champion-Rachel-Morris-hit-car-road-trial.html

Veronese68
Lives Here

Re: Paralympic cyclist hit by car - Daily Mail article

Postby Veronese68 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 21:51 pm

Bikes should not be on the roads at all what about the shock to the driver, selfish woman

- andrea, liverpool, 10/7/2012 21:06

Could somebody in the Liverpool are please beat Andrea to within an inch of her life? Then when she's nearly recovered sue her for everything she's got for the emotional distress caused by having to deal with the stupid bint in the only way the selfish tart would understand.

RoadMeridaBen

Postby RoadMeridaBen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:07 pm

Veronese68 wrote:
Bikes should not be on the roads at all what about the shock to the driver, selfish woman

Could somebody in the Liverpool are please beat Andrea to within an inch of her life? Then when she's nearly recovered sue her for everything she's got for the emotional distress caused by having to deal with the stupid bint in the only way the selfish tart would understand.

Lol cant help but laugh at that comment, how does being crashed into make you selfish. Though it does seem to be the attitude of many drivers, alot seem to think it should be illegal for a bike to be on the road and that we should all be banished to cycle paths and bimble along at 5 mph with bells on our bikes.
10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
25 - 53:07 R25/7
Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152

fast as fupp

Postby fast as fupp » Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:15 pm

I wouldnt take too much notice-the daily heil attracts the unhinged.
'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

Bunneh

Postby Bunneh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 09:41 am

Oi, my granddad used to read that paper! He wasn't unhin... er nevermind. runs in the family... (no I don't read it but the DM readers do make me nash my teeth.

Giraffoto

Postby Giraffoto » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 am

A colleague once reacted to the sight of a cyclist being knocked off their bike with "that's my worst nightmare. And it can happen to anyone!" suggesting that due care and attention are things for other people. It came as something of a relief when a sizeable majority of those present pointed out how moronic it sounded.
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
On-One Scandal (fully rigid)

Shmo

Postby Shmo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:50 pm

Those bikes are very close to the ground so wouldn't be surprised if the risk of being rear-ended is greater. I saw a car plow through a large group of ducklings and their mother crossing the road a few months back. It was horrendous, they flattened the mother and the chicks were running around unsure where to go. Then the car behind it, tailgating obviously, went straight over them too.

I refuse to believe people would do that on purpose, and it was one of those little box cars that elderly people drive. So I wonder if it was someone that could barely see over the dashboard who was blissfully unaware of the carnage they were causing.

N.B. I returned to the location later in the day and the majority of the duckings appeared to have escaped the road and are now enjoying long fruitful lives, I'm sure.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:58 pm

Shmo wrote:N.B. I returned to the location later in the day and the majority of the duckings appeared to have escaped the road and are now enjoying long fruitful lives, I'm sure.

Bathing in orange sauce

And lol, Daily Mail

Giraffoto

Postby Giraffoto » Fri Jul 13, 2012 06:41 am

Shmo wrote:I refuse to believe people would do that on purpose

You're obviously entitled to your beliefs, but I've heard people boast about doing just this sort of thing. It's why I'm wholly in favour of re-introducing the European bison into Great Britain
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
On-One Scandal (fully rigid)

on the road

Postby on the road » Fri Jul 13, 2012 20:25 pm

Veronese68 wrote:

I would, but she's probably hiding under a rock.

Return to “The Cake Stop”