Ibis Mojo HD

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)

what colour pedals???

Poll ended at Thu Mar 17, 2011 18:28 pm

black
40%
white
30%
techno lime green
30%

Total votes: 10

ilovedirt

Re: Ibis Mojo HD

Postby ilovedirt » Sat Jul 21, 2012 13:37 pm

Fair enough!
You better get to BUCS this coming year by the way, I've still not seen you there yet for us Bangor lot to put you in your place ;)
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

lawman

Postby lawman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 13:56 pm

yeah depending on where it is I plan to get to there, and maybe we'll actually have some mates races next year too :P

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Sat Jul 21, 2012 23:14 pm

Aye, I'll have to try and get that arranged this year, we have some walkie talkie radios now and everything!
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

lawman

Postby lawman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 20:54 pm

we're trying to arrange some kind of enduro/super D/whatever they're called event for next year, on a small scale obviously, but could be pretty cool as everyone can have a go at that, even if people have DH rigs :)

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Sun Jul 22, 2012 21:18 pm

Ahhh that sounds ace! We've not got too many places around here that have pedallable fire roads to the top, most of it is push up the track...
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

lawman

Postby lawman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 21:48 pm

We have some great trails at nant-y-arian which is about 10 miles away, easily ride able from aber town centre. Plan is either a few timed stages or a "mass" (well as mass as it can be :lol:) le-mans style start over a short course, either way will be pretty sweet if we can pull it off :D

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:35 pm

I like the sound of a mass start! haha.
That said, if that was the format, there are some nice trail centres not too far from bangor that would be a nice venue for that sort of thing. Not too sure how you'd go about timing several sections though without having a lot of people stood around for hours.
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

lawman

Postby lawman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 15:17 pm

yeah thats why we're favouring the mass start, its a good laugh to run around like maniacs trying to get to your bike, levels out the field as the xc guys try to run in disco slippers :lol:

An idea for timed sections we had was too have a few guys ride but not compete, so if everyone has a cheapy watch with a stopwatch on it, we can time it that way and keep track of times. Bit complicated as it involves peeps being honest and tbh I prefer the idea of a mass start, but if we could pull off a timed kinda thing that would be sweet.

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 14:33 pm

Hey, don't knock the disco slippers! :lol:

I only say this as I've not gotten around to buying some Five Ten SPDs yet, lol.
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Sat Jul 28, 2012 16:34 pm

Pah no fair.

Wish my uni had a mountain bike club. Come to think of it I wish it had something vaguely resembling a mountain within 100 miles of it :lol:

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Sat Jul 28, 2012 17:42 pm

So start one!! What uni are you at? I bet there's at least something worth riding.
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Sat Jul 28, 2012 17:53 pm

I'm trying to drum up interest for one. It's not very successful, there's lots of roadies, not many people interested in proper bikes, even fewer who aren't on rotations.

Problem is we're a tiny college, part of the uni of London, that itself doesn't have a club either and it's not practical to start one within it.

Meh, it's not the end of the world though.

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Sat Jul 28, 2012 18:14 pm

Ahhh, that makes sense I guess. Worth asking around anyway. If you don't try, nothing will happen!
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Sat Jul 28, 2012 18:30 pm

Yeah, I've figured if worst comes to worst my housemate is mountaineering something, might try and see if I can piggyback into that and drag some of the other mountain bikers in too. Then at least it's part of some society and should see a bit of funding from the union, which would be nice as then they'll maybe pay for BUCS entries hopefully :lol: Better than nothing though.

Bonus, apparnetly the MC subs is only about £10 or something like that, much nicer than hockey ones :lol:
Last edited by Angry Bird on Tue Aug 14, 2012 04:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_moodster

Postby the_moodster » Mon Aug 13, 2012 21:35 pm

Angry Bird wrote:I'm trying to drum up interest for one. It's not very successful, there's lots of roadies, not many people interested in proper bikes, even fewer who aren't on rotations.

Problem is we're a tiny college, part of the uni of London, that itself doesn't have a club either and it's not practical to start one within it.

Meh, it's not the end of the world though.

Hmmm, rotations plus small UoL College = St George's or the RVC, you going to be a doctor or a vet AB?

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Tue Aug 14, 2012 04:50 am

It'd be a vet, couldn't be a doctor. I hate people.

lawman

Postby lawman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 23:45 pm

Been a while since I updated this, a lot has changed since the summer with more goodies to come :D Like my 456 thread I'll update with piccies tomorrow :) First major change was my super dooper Tuned and Kashima'd RP23, man alive its amazing what a custom tune can do, the bike has been transformed and it feels even more planted than before and the increased compression has made it pedal even better too, epic wins! :mrgreen: I think the shock combined with the 4cross Nobby Nics have made the single biggest difference to the bike, besides the reverb, the grip is insane and even round a soaking wet and blown out Cannock Chase and those bloody lethal shiny pebbles everywhere, it was awesome. I'll be putting some hans dampfs on the 456 after crimbo so it'll be interesting to see how they compare.

Coupla small changes, fitted an Xtr Shadow Plus mech after I trashed my Xt, simply put its bling as hell, works a treat and the drivetrain is now pretty much silent, awesome piece of kit and initial impressions of the Zee mech on the 456 have me sold on them completely, such a simple, but brilliant idea. Fitted the lime green crest decals too, so now shes all colour co-ordinated and looking pretty new again. I'm in the process of going clipped in after years on flats, so I've had Xt Trail pedals for commuting on the 456, which be switched to the HD this weekend for the first foray into the wild, which can only go well :lol:

Last of all and the thing I'm majorly excited about, I've finally got a works components headset with an external bottom cup and -1.5 degree offset, should lower the bb a touch and slacken her out to about 66 degrees. Slacker is just better in my eyes, so hopefully it'll remedy the short wheelbase abit and bring it inline with the 456, ready to shred come spring time! :mrgreen:

bennett_346

Postby bennett_346 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 16:37 pm

lawman wrote:simano ..... flats. never tried spds probably never will tbh altho i have had a few feelings of wanting too but everytime i ride my flats i just think silly sods on spds

:lol:

I love my clipless it must be said.

lawman

Postby lawman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 17:21 pm

bennett_346 wrote:
lawman wrote:simano ..... flats. never tried spds probably never will tbh altho i have had a few feelings of wanting too but everytime i ride my flats i just think silly sods on spds

:lol:

I love my clipless it must be said.

Been using them on the turbo trainer too, and I quite liked it, and I figured I very rarely have to dab on stuff, even when it gets pretty gnarly, so if I don't use flats for their main advantage of being easy to sling a foot out, why am I still using them :lol:

sanchez89

Postby sanchez89 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 18:16 pm

do what i did and put the multi release cleats on your shoes. then if you need to clip out quick and your brain is still in flats mode when you pull up they still pop out.

has defo saved me from getting muddy a few times!
2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
Clank wrote:M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”