K-Edge Garmin Mount

Show off your bikes here...
99thmonkey
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:29 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby 99thmonkey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 20:07 pm

Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!

User avatar
Rolf F
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 09:29 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby Rolf F » Mon Aug 20, 2012 20:45 pm

99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!


You're missing the point - it's more machined alloy tat to weigh your bike down with :lol:

I think I might go for the same effect by getting a replica race number!
Faster than a tent.......

spasypaddy
Posts: 5129
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 23:21 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby spasypaddy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!

its not great on there, the rubber bands always give me the impression they are about to burst

User avatar
thegreatdivide
Posts: 4245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby thegreatdivide » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:30 pm

99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!


Why is a power meter positioned forward from the stem?
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

99thmonkey
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:29 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby 99thmonkey » Wed Aug 22, 2012 17:47 pm

spasypaddy wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!

its not great on there, the rubber bands always give me the impression they are about to burst


Done 3000 miles on a MTB with them and still fine!

mattythemod
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby mattythemod » Wed Aug 22, 2012 20:33 pm

Any UK sellers who have any left in stock ?

User avatar
Rolf F
Posts: 13574
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 09:29 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby Rolf F » Wed Aug 22, 2012 22:32 pm

spasypaddy wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!

its not great on there, the rubber bands always give me the impression they are about to burst


To be fair, two are unlikely to go at the same time and only one is needed as a minimum!
Faster than a tent.......

User avatar
MattC59
Posts: 5591
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 09:13 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby MattC59 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 am

mattythemod wrote:Any UK sellers who have any left in stock ?


Ordered mine on 22nd July from Sigma Sport, I've just been informed by Sigma that they're not getting stock until 30th August. I'd be suprised if anywhere else has got them.
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

User avatar
antlaff
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:30 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby antlaff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 18:07 pm

MattC59 wrote:
mattythemod wrote:Any UK sellers who have any left in stock ?


Ordered mine on 22nd July from Sigma Sport, I've just been informed by Sigma that they're not getting stock until 30th August. I'd be suprised if anywhere else has got them.



Matt - I ordered mine on 21st July and have been waiting patiently until I got this email today

Hello Ant,

You are in luck, we had a returned (failed delivery and no reply) black k edge mount come in today. I have grabbed it and sent it out in the post today for you.

Well chuffed.

spasypaddy
Posts: 5129
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 23:21 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby spasypaddy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 14:50 pm

99thmonkey wrote:
spasypaddy wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!

its not great on there, the rubber bands always give me the impression they are about to burst


Done 3000 miles on a MTB with them and still fine!

have you seen the size of my stem!?
Image

the bands were stretched to breaking point, they were showing signs of wear.

User avatar
d4evr
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 13:34 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby d4evr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 19:29 pm

I have both the K-Edge and the BarFly, both are excellent however the K-Edge has a slightly more snug/snap/click to it when attaching the Garmin. If I had my time again (and I know doubt will :oops: ) I would go for the K-Edge.

User avatar
springtide9
Posts: 1636
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 23:30 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby springtide9 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 19:38 pm

Mine is on order with Sigma... delivery is supposed to be the very end August... although my 800 went back yesterday to get repaired... so there is no rush :-)

@ spasypaddy : I have a very similar issue with my carbon (PX) stem. I had to use two bands linked in a loop to stretch, and even then the bands were stretched too much and lost their tension.

Looking forward to getting my 800 back as well as the K-Edge mount. Really surprised Garmin haven't produced a mount as the position when mounted on the stem is far from ideal... but you do obviously live with it :wink:

It's been mounted on the bars since switching stems.... but the road vibration causes it to move around (either up or down)
Simon

99thmonkey
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:29 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby 99thmonkey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 20:29 pm

spasypaddy wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:
spasypaddy wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:Why not just mount it on the stem its long enough!

its not great on there, the rubber bands always give me the impression they are about to burst


Done 3000 miles on a MTB with them and still fine!

have you seen the size of my stem!?
Image

the bands were stretched to breaking point, they were showing signs of wear.


Bit of araldite on that would have worked a treart

User avatar
MattC59
Posts: 5591
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 09:13 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby MattC59 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:09 pm

antlaff wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
mattythemod wrote:Any UK sellers who have any left in stock ?


Ordered mine on 22nd July from Sigma Sport, I've just been informed by Sigma that they're not getting stock until 30th August. I'd be suprised if anywhere else has got them.



Matt - I ordered mine on 21st July and have been waiting patiently until I got this email today

Hello Ant,

You are in luck, we had a returned (failed delivery and no reply) black k edge mount come in today. I have grabbed it and sent it out in the post today for you.

Well chuffed.


Still not got mine :cry:
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.

Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

99thmonkey
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:29 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby 99thmonkey » Sat Sep 01, 2012 14:43 pm

Sucker for a gadget but didnt go K-Edge I went for this beauty, works mint

Image
Image
Image

Super Prestige
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby Super Prestige » Sat Sep 01, 2012 14:54 pm

MattC59 wrote:
antlaff wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
mattythemod wrote:Any UK sellers who have any left in stock ?


Ordered mine on 22nd July from Sigma Sport, I've just been informed by Sigma that they're not getting stock until 30th August. I'd be suprised if anywhere else has got them.



Matt - I ordered mine on 21st July and have been waiting patiently until I got this email today

Hello Ant,

You are in luck, we had a returned (failed delivery and no reply) black k edge mount come in today. I have grabbed it and sent it out in the post today for you.

Well chuffed.


Still not got mine :cry:


I ordered mine on last saturday and got it today, from the USA. :D There are loads on ebay from America and stlii under the uk rrp including the postage.
Building:
S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
Race:
Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s

User avatar
antlaff
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:30 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby antlaff » Sat Sep 01, 2012 15:53 pm

MattC59 wrote:
antlaff wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
mattythemod wrote:Any UK sellers who have any left in stock ?


Ordered mine on 22nd July from Sigma Sport, I've just been informed by Sigma that they're not getting stock until 30th August. I'd be suprised if anywhere else has got them.



Matt - I ordered mine on 21st July and have been waiting patiently until I got this email today

Hello Ant,

You are in luck, we had a returned (failed delivery and no reply) black k edge mount come in today. I have grabbed it and sent it out in the post today for you.

Well chuffed.


Still not got mine :cry:


Still waiting on mine - even though supposedly posted Thursday week ago!

User avatar
TheFD
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 15:08 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby TheFD » Sat Sep 01, 2012 17:25 pm

99thmonkey wrote:Sucker for a gadget but didnt go K-Edge I went for this beauty, works mint

what is it? Where from and how much?
2013 - R872
2010 - Spesh Tarmac

User avatar
antlaff
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:30 am

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby antlaff » Sat Sep 01, 2012 19:22 pm

TheFD wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:Sucker for a gadget but didnt go K-Edge I went for this beauty, works mint

what is it? Where from and how much?



http://road.cc/content/gallery/58269-bar-fly-computer-mount

99thmonkey
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:29 pm

Re: K-Edge Garmin Mount

Postby 99thmonkey » Sat Sep 01, 2012 19:58 pm

antlaff wrote:
TheFD wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:Sucker for a gadget but didnt go K-Edge I went for this beauty, works mint

what is it? Where from and how much?



http://road.cc/content/gallery/58269-bar-fly-computer-mount


No its not a barfly, its been 3D Printed and is superb


Return to “Your Road Bikes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: garyk72, raisinberry777 and 0 guests