Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
blackpoolkev
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby blackpoolkev » Fri Sep 14, 2012 18:28 pm

These threads invariably attract disgruntled punters.

For the sake of balance,I have bought loads of stuff from Ribble Cycles-what I ordered always arrived.I'd give any mail order company 5 or so days before starting to fret.Ribble don't make me fret.

User avatar
fast as fupp
Posts: 2216
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 21:56 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby fast as fupp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 19:16 pm

Bustacapp wrote:
fast as fupp wrote:you poor dear. i'm crying real salt tears for you. boo-hoo. :roll:


Do you work for Ribble? You sound like you may fit the bill perfectly.


no, i work for the government. im licensed to kill. so watch it.
'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

User avatar
greentea
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby greentea » Fri Sep 14, 2012 20:08 pm

Navrig wrote:
greentea wrote:
Rolf F wrote:
greentea wrote:Ribble are sh*t from my experiences, would never use them again.

But thats just me.


Ohhhhhh, so that's why you keep telling people to avoid Ribble bikes! Nothing to do with the bikes themselves - you've just had a hissy fit with them! I was wondering cos it was starting to sound a bit hysterical :wink:



............... how good the food if the chef kept sh*tting in your soup.


I cannot imagine that any soup with $h1t in it would be good so your analogy is pants - perhaps like your experience of Ribble.

Mine has been good and still buy from them. They've never been slow, perhaps not as fast as Wiggle/CRC etc at times but as far as I am concerned a week's turnaround is perfectly acceptable. If I need it quicker I head to the LBS and pay more.



Just because you say my experience of dealing with Ribble is pants doesnt actually mean it was, in fact i would go so far as to say your experience was made up, you must be a Ribble employee or your dad works there.

If i say i saw John Terry hanging out the back of your Mrs it doesnt actually mean he was, even if i know he was.

User avatar
rozzer32
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 19:38 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby rozzer32 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 20:49 pm

To the OP;

Why did you order from Ribble? Probably as they were cheaper than the rest and had stock.
Did you need the item urgently? I'll guess not as you didn't use your LBS and you didn't pay extra for faster delivery.

So following on from that you still come on here to complain that the delivery is slow, well get ready for this, but maybe you should have paid extra for quicker delivery.

I'm pretty sure it normally says allow 3-5 days delivery anyway AND they had the notice saying expect delays due to the sale. But yet you still whine on here. If you want a premium service then expect to pay for it.

Please do everyone a favour and stop your trolling.

P.S I've had loads of order from Ribble and never had a problem and all have been delivered on time.
**** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2011 *****

User avatar
Bustacapp
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 13:37 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Bustacapp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 09:01 am

rozzer32 wrote:To the OP;

Why did you order from Ribble? Probably as they were cheaper than the rest and had stock.
Did you need the item urgently? I'll guess not as you didn't use your LBS and you didn't pay extra for faster delivery.

So following on from that you still come on here to complain that the delivery is slow, well get ready for this, but maybe you should have paid extra for quicker delivery.

I'm pretty sure it normally says allow 3-5 days delivery anyway AND they had the notice saying expect delays due to the sale. But yet you still whine on here. If you want a premium service then expect to pay for it.

Please do everyone a favour and stop your trolling.

P.S I've had loads of order from Ribble and never had a problem and all have been delivered on time.


How about you read the thread instead of making assumptions of what happened, then spitting out a brainless, predicatble and verbatim response like all the other repeaters?

Here's a little summary, for lazy 'can't be bothered reading the thread' Ribbleofiles such as yourself:

* The items have not even been dispatched yet. Ordered on tuesday morning.
* I don't see any obvious sign (or any sign come to that) stating that I should expect delays.
* They have not been contactable at all. This is unacceptable no matter what. I cannot cancel my order!!


God damn I had no idea so many Ribble employees lurked in here.

User avatar
dodgy
Posts: 2689
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 15:09 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby dodgy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 09:25 am

So it's Saturday, you ordered Tuesday, that's a bit of a delay in dispatch in my opinion. But if that had been your start point, it would have looked better on you. Instead you 'went off on one' on Wednesday, one day after ordering.

Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?

User avatar
Bustacapp
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 13:37 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Bustacapp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 09:36 am

dodgy wrote:Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?


No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.

exlaser
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby exlaser » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:24 am

Bustacapp wrote:
dodgy wrote:Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?


No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.



arrrr ....... i see at last.

not are you a little impatient, you are not even a proper cyclist :D
Van Nicholas Ventus
Giant OCR 0

User avatar
Bustacapp
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 13:37 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Bustacapp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 am

exlaser wrote:
Bustacapp wrote:
dodgy wrote:Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?


No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.



arrrr ....... i see at last.

not are you a little impatient, you are not even a proper cyclist :D


Impatient maybe, but Ribble are possibly breaking the law! Surely consumers have the right to cancel?

And don't be a cycle nazi. I hate cycle nazi's.

User avatar
Ber Nard
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 08:33 am

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Ber Nard » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 am

Bustacapp wrote:
dodgy wrote:Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?


No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.


I'm not here to fan the flames but can I ask why you still want to cancel, what it would achieve? It's either going to result in greater expense or continuing to wait for a brand new order to be processed by someone else.

I work in customer services for an online retailer and the demand to cancel an order because of a slight delay is surprisingly common. It just puts you back to square one. If it is only a slight delay (subjective, I know) you're better to wait it out.

I ave no problems with Ribble - I've waited longer for Wiggle and CRC to deliver - but I think they could have done more to highlight the long lead times on their website for the sake of new customers. I suppose it's a fine line between being open and honest and scaring people off, though.

Rob

User avatar
Ber Nard
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 08:33 am

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Ber Nard » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:59 am

Oh, and the lack of communication is rather sh!t.

exlaser
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby exlaser » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Bustacapp wrote:
exlaser wrote:
Bustacapp wrote:
dodgy wrote:Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?


No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.



arrrr ....... i see at last.

not are you a little impatient, you are not even a proper cyclist :D


Impatient maybe, but Ribble are possibly breaking the law! Surely consumers have the right to cancel?

And don't be a cycle nazi. I hate cycle nazi's.


calm down dear- its only a cycle forum. :lol:
Van Nicholas Ventus
Giant OCR 0

User avatar
big p
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 21:19 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby big p » Sat Sep 15, 2012 13:41 pm

Bustacapp wrote:
exlaser wrote:
Bustacapp wrote:
dodgy wrote:Will you implode if it isn't sent by Tuesday?


No because I only ride at weekends. However I would dearly love to cancel my order and be refunded.



arrrr ....... i see at last.

not are you a little impatient, you are not even a proper cyclist :D


Impatient maybe, but Ribble are possibly breaking the law! Surely consumers have the right to cancel?

And don't be a cycle nazi. I hate cycle nazi's.




Godwins law has now been achieved..... This thread can now be closed.

User avatar
Bustacapp
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 13:37 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Bustacapp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 17:37 pm

big p wrote:
Godwins law has now been achieved..... This thread can now be closed.


LMFAO!

Paul E
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 17:26 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Paul E » Sat Sep 15, 2012 17:43 pm

Speedking? Surely...
bartman100 wrote:The OP is a troll = moron
The OP actually believes this = moron

User avatar
EKIMIKE
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 16:19 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby EKIMIKE » Sat Sep 15, 2012 18:33 pm

I order most of my stuff from Ribble.

The last two orders have not dispatched so after 3/4 days, which is usually when i realise, i've sent an e-mail to sales@ribblecycles.co.uk politely explaining that the items haven't been dispatched and that i understand that they may be busy or have stock issues. Both times i've received a dispatch note within a couple of hours of sending the e-mail. Almost as if my order just slipped through the net.

Simple innit.

mifkif
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 14:34 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby mifkif » Sat Sep 15, 2012 19:13 pm

:lol: :lol:

You guys are funny.

In summary, some on-line retailers have delay's in dispatching, sometimes. Sometimes they don't. Some people order new gear before they need it and have the time buffer if a delay is experienced, some people operate on a knee jerk ordering system. Some people have good experiences, some don't.

But collectively we are British and we do like to complain, and que.

One last note, I 'won' a frame on Ebay last weekend, paid £10 for next day delivery. It got despatched on Tuesday for delivery on Wednesday. I messaged them last night to enquire where it is, as no delivery had been made. Today they have told me it is the Isle Of Man, and I will not now get it until the tail end of next week. No chance of canceling the order, no chance of refund, therefore no point in grumbling about it.

Matt

User avatar
Navrig
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 21:29 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby Navrig » Sat Sep 15, 2012 19:36 pm

Bustacapp wrote:
rozzer32 wrote:To the OP;

Why did you order from Ribble? Probably as they were cheaper than the rest and had stock.
Did you need the item urgently? I'll guess not as you didn't use your LBS and you didn't pay extra for faster delivery.

So following on from that you still come on here to complain that the delivery is slow, well get ready for this, but maybe you should have paid extra for quicker delivery.

I'm pretty sure it normally says allow 3-5 days delivery anyway AND they had the notice saying expect delays due to the sale. But yet you still whine on here. If you want a premium service then expect to pay for it.

Please do everyone a favour and stop your trolling.

P.S I've had loads of order from Ribble and never had a problem and all have been delivered on time.


How about you read the thread instead of making assumptions of what happened, then spitting out a brainless, predicatble and verbatim response like all the other repeaters?

Here's a little summary, for lazy 'can't be bothered reading the thread' Ribbleofiles such as yourself:

* The items have not even been dispatched yet. Ordered on tuesday morning.
* I don't see any obvious sign (or any sign come to that) stating that I should expect delays.
* They have not been contactable at all. This is unacceptable no matter what. I cannot cancel my order!!


God damn I had no idea so many Ribble employees lurked in here.


Did I hear the sound of a dummy being spat?

User avatar
rozzer32
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 19:38 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby rozzer32 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 20:13 pm

Bustacapp wrote:
rozzer32 wrote:To the OP;

Why did you order from Ribble? Probably as they were cheaper than the rest and had stock.
Did you need the item urgently? I'll guess not as you didn't use your LBS and you didn't pay extra for faster delivery.

So following on from that you still come on here to complain that the delivery is slow, well get ready for this, but maybe you should have paid extra for quicker delivery.

I'm pretty sure it normally says allow 3-5 days delivery anyway AND they had the notice saying expect delays due to the sale. But yet you still whine on here. If you want a premium service then expect to pay for it.

Please do everyone a favour and stop your trolling.

P.S I've had loads of order from Ribble and never had a problem and all have been delivered on time.


How about you read the thread instead of making assumptions of what happened, then spitting out a brainless, predicatble and verbatim response like all the other repeaters?

Here's a little summary, for lazy 'can't be bothered reading the thread' Ribbleofiles such as yourself:

* The items have not even been dispatched yet. Ordered on tuesday morning.
* I don't see any obvious sign (or any sign come to that) stating that I should expect delays.
* They have not been contactable at all. This is unacceptable no matter what. I cannot cancel my order!!


God damn I had no idea so many Ribble employees lurked in here.


wahhhh wahhh wahhh, don't forget to pick your toys up.

I don't think any of us really care, your thread certainly won't stop me or other people using Ribble.

In fact I hope the delivery takes extra long just to pi$$ you off a bit more and we get a part 2 update on this thread.

Next time I advise you use Dave Hinde, he has fantastic service and I'm sure you'd get on a treat with him.
**** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2011 *****

User avatar
fast as fupp
Posts: 2216
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 21:56 pm

Re: Are Ribble Cycles notoriously slow?

Postby fast as fupp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 22:30 pm

+ 1 for Davey Hinde- he wont disappoint!
'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'


Return to “Road Buying Advice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dazz_ni45, gaffer_slow, gusm41, Imposter, Marpick, motog, MrB123, Singleton, staffo and 15 guests