Silly Commuter Stats

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
User avatar
iPete
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 14:20 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby iPete » Tue Sep 18, 2012 09:40 am

So it seems I need to keep up 180 miles per week or 24 miles per day to hit 10,000 hmmm.

User avatar
Sharkyssurfers
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 09:12 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby Sharkyssurfers » Tue Sep 18, 2012 09:45 am

CiB wrote:I've got a bit of waiting around to do tonight so might take a hatchet to the Stats DB again and have another clear out of users who joined up this year but haven't updated since some arbitrary cut-off point - let's pick the end of May. That's far enough back.

If you don't want to be deleted do an update (any distance) before I start on the red tonight and you'll stay in. Or argue the case for not having a clear-out at all.


i'd say clear out the top 10, that way I might have a crack of catching them up :wink:
Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1

User avatar
gbsahne
Posts: 1781
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 07:22 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby gbsahne » Tue Sep 18, 2012 09:47 am

iPete wrote:So it seems I need to keep up 180 miles per week or 24 miles per day to hit 10,000 hmmm.


Thursday should see 10k for me, although I've also been looking at year end and if I want to break last years figure I'm going to have to average approx 280 miles per week.....take your hmm and raise it to a despairing shake of the head.

User avatar
willy b
Posts: 4091
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 20:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby willy b » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am

Life and work is getting in the way of miles for September & October, so my yearly mileage will be taking a hit :?

24 miles a day Pete, given you do around 20 miles each way to work that should be doable?

okgo
Posts: 3707
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 14:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby okgo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 am

I reckon I'll get to 10 without too much difficulty.
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

User avatar
willy b
Posts: 4091
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 20:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby willy b » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 am

okgo wrote:I reckon I'll get to 10 without too much difficulty.


10,000 miles would be a great effort, given i'd say a lot of people don't do that in their car! In reality I think i'll probably hit around 9,000 miles.

User avatar
Veronese68
Lives Here
Posts: 13597
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 15:48 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby Veronese68 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am

I'll be lucky if i hit 3,000. I find it so hard to get time to ride outside of riding to work. I think I'll have to tell the EPO I've got another woman so I can get some time to go out riding.

User avatar
iPete
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 14:20 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby iPete » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:38 pm

willy b wrote:Life and work is getting in the way of miles for September & October, so my yearly mileage will be taking a hit :?

24 miles a day Pete, given you do around 20 miles each way to work that should be doable?


always bit of a wind down at Crimbo and increase in alcohol consumption! shall see where I'm at come December, its only a number after all... but does sound impressive....

okgo
Posts: 3707
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 14:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby okgo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:46 pm

willy b wrote:
okgo wrote:I reckon I'll get to 10 without too much difficulty.


10,000 miles would be a great effort, given i'd say a lot of people don't do that in their car! In reality I think i'll probably hit around 9,000 miles.


Yeh.

The only issue is I'll end up doing a lot on the turbo, so that won't be real miles. But should still be possible as I'll be doing a lot of longer rides when the racing stops, so should easily crank a few 350 weeks over winter.
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

User avatar
gbsahne
Posts: 1781
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 07:22 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby gbsahne » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 am

hits 10k for the year, might get to 13k by year end

User avatar
mudcow007
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 18:06 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby mudcow007 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:43 am

Veronese68 wrote:I'll be lucky if i hit 3,000. I find it so hard to get time to ride outside of riding to work. I think I'll have to tell the EPO I've got another woman so I can get some time to go out riding.


+1 i get abuse if i say im going to go out for ride

its normally along the lines of "why are you using your bike when the car is outside"
Keeping it classy since '83

User avatar
CarlosDSanchez
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby CarlosDSanchez » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:02 am

Think I should get 11k+ this year. 12k might be possible depending on how many club runs I can get in. Hopefully I'll still be in the top 3 at the end of the year though :-)
Dolan Preffisio
2010 Cube Agree SL

User avatar
itboffin
Posts: 16617
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 23:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby itboffin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 22:50 pm

Well dome peeps another year of epic mileage I thinks its time we extended the SCR of the year award to include some stats honours lists.
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

User avatar
Sharkyssurfers
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 09:12 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby Sharkyssurfers » Fri Sep 21, 2012 07:39 am

i'm going to try for 10k by the end of the year I think its doable for now, already done 6000
Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1

User avatar
pangolin
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 14:06 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby pangolin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 08:08 am

Had my best month for a while and overtook Mudcow. Then he added his miles at the end of the month :(

I've closed the gap though - this month he's going down.
Genesis Croix de Fer

User avatar
willy b
Posts: 4091
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 20:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby willy b » Tue Oct 02, 2012 08:31 am

Exams at work and a week away at the start of September means that September was my lowest mileage all year. 482 Miles :(

2 more weeks of exams & revision then back to normal miles, think i'll be trying to make some up!

User avatar
5milestogo
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 09:49 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby 5milestogo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 08:34 am

pangolin wrote:Had my best month for a while and overtook Mudcow. Then he added his miles at the end of the month :(

I've closed the gap though - this month he's going down.


Sneaky move from Mudcow - I was rattling on nicely then he puts his miles in at the end of the month. Had you in my sights this week but that'll be next now I'd hope.

User avatar
rubertoe
Posts: 3965
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 17:14 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby rubertoe » Tue Oct 02, 2012 08:37 am

No that all my leave has been taken up i'll be back on the commute 5 days a week - the milage should increase this month and those sneaky peeps above me will be back where they belong.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

User avatar
CiB
Posts: 5780
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 08:24 am

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby CiB » Tue Oct 02, 2012 08:38 am

Saving miles to the end of the month then uploading as a job lot is frowned upon. Somewhere in the previous 318 pages it quite clearly says that. Somewhere.

User avatar
mudcow007
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 18:06 pm

Re: Silly Commuter Stats

Postby mudcow007 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 am

5milestogo wrote:
pangolin wrote:Had my best month for a while and overtook Mudcow. Then he added his miles at the end of the month :(

I've closed the gap though - this month he's going down.


Sneaky move from Mudcow - I was rattling on nicely then he puts his miles in at the end of the month. Had you in my sights this week but that'll be next now I'd hope.


ooow i better start putting some miles in if im being chased


CiB wrote:Saving miles to the end of the month then uploading as a job lot is frowned upon. Somewhere in the previous 318 pages it quite clearly says that. Somewhere.


i always forget to log on during the month though, i have set a reminder at the end of the month to update

i sorry
Keeping it classy since '83


Return to “Commuting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests