Aldi Cycling gear 27th Sept

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
SimonAH

Re: Aldi Cycling gear 27th Sept

Postby SimonAH » Fri Sep 28, 2012 15:17 pm

Picked up the merino top (seems good quality) and a pair of waterproof winter gloves.

And a bottle of Shiraz.

None of the mens winter tights left apart from in small - and a woman came in as I was checking and said she was on her fourth Aldi trying to get some for her husband - so I guess there can't have been many out there?
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Paul E

Postby Paul E » Fri Sep 28, 2012 18:01 pm

Ifg you are looking for wine at Aldi the best red is called torro locco something, in tests it beat bottles of wine costing £30 plus.
bartman100 wrote:The OP is a troll = moron
The OP actually believes this = moron

LankyDJ

Postby LankyDJ » Fri Sep 28, 2012 20:37 pm

You're quite right Paul E.

Sneaked in tonight for some winter tights and dirt cheap LED's to use as a back up. Left with 3 bottles of Toro Loco. £3.59 a pop. My mate at work only told me about it today, and the girl in the store said I was really lucky to grab some, when it goes on the shelf it's gone in a flash.

PBo

Postby PBo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 08:35 am

Went in monday evening, having already made my target purchases of gloves and socks on thursday.

Still had lots of soft shells left, so finally decided to get one (there is always people on here praising the aldi one, and soft shells in general.)

BL00DY H3LL, WHAT A GREAT PIECE OF KIT FOR £16. £16!!!!!!

i can see it is going to get some serious use this winter!!!!

rubertoe

Postby rubertoe » Wed Oct 03, 2012 08:51 am

PBo wrote:Went in monday evening, having already made my target purchases of gloves and socks on thursday.

Still had lots of soft shells left, so finally decided to get one (there is always people on here praising the aldi one, and soft shells in general.)

I have both the Winter and lighet Softshell and i can concour - great value for money!
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

UndercoverElephant

Postby UndercoverElephant » Wed Oct 03, 2012 08:58 am

rubertoe wrote:
PBo wrote:Went in monday evening, having already made my target purchases of gloves and socks on thursday.

I have both the Winter and lighet Softshell and i can concour - great value for money!

+1, I've said it more than once: Aldi's jackets are superb for any price.

wod1

Postby wod1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I got the winter tops, they seem to be very good for the money. I would prefer a top zip rather than a side zip but only a small detail. I bought small but found it big for small. For the tops the front zip is longer than some of the other team kit I have, what is the reason for this?

apreading

Postby apreading » Thu Oct 04, 2012 14:01 pm

Went back again last night and got another winter top and a soft shell. Loads left in Reading...

For £9 the winter top is incredible.

I did have to get Medium though, which is weird as I am either XL or XXL for cycling stuff normally!

Allez Mark

Postby Allez Mark » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am

Update: I bought the Waterproof/Winter jacket a few weeks ago. It got soaked on the way home last night, but I didn't. Excellent value.

Return to “Commuting Chat”