Need advice on the Muddyfox Hornet

Discuss the eternal "Which fork/bike/tyres should I buy?" questions.
omarm

Re: Need advice on the Muddyfox Hornet

Postby omarm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 23:01 pm

@mcnultycop thanks for the last reply
it think i'm certain to go for decathlon, but go for the 5.1. cash is tight at this moment in time. :(
delivery is expensive though - it's £15

but... before i do anything... can someone say something about 6.0 - why is this only £150?
thanks

(apologies for splitting this post into 2 threads! the replies have been great)

supersonic
Lives Here

Postby supersonic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 23:08 pm

omarm wrote:
supersonic wrote:Faulty goods have nothing to do with DSRs. If goods turn up faulty, reject them: the vendor pays for costs.

but u can't reject them - the mattress for example needs to be opened and allowed 24 hours to expand
vendor pays for costs: i sell on ebay loads. if i sell a faulty item, i *always* pay the return expenses - including envelope. i am not obliged according to ebay rules. for me, it's not fair for the buyer to be out of pocket for a sinlge penny if they have done nothing wrong.

let me know what u think

Irrelevant - if the goods arrive faulty, you have the right to reject them. Seller incurs costs.

omarm

Postby omarm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 23:12 pm

supersonic wrote:
omarm wrote:
supersonic wrote:Faulty goods have nothing to do with DSRs. If goods turn up faulty, reject them: the vendor pays for costs.

but u can't reject them - the mattress for example needs to be opened and allowed 24 hours to expand
vendor pays for costs: i sell on ebay loads. if i sell a faulty item, i *always* pay the return expenses - including envelope. i am not obliged according to ebay rules. for me, it's not fair for the buyer to be out of pocket for a sinlge penny if they have done nothing wrong.

let me know what u think

Irrelevant - if the goods arrive faulty, you have the right to reject them. Seller incurs costs.

yes: this is logical and makes sense to me!
but both the mattress seller and the table tennis table seller stuck to their guns and said that i had to pay for retrun costs
can u give a link to anywhere where it says unambiguously that the seller pays for return costs if the item is faulty?

thanks

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Thu Oct 04, 2012 23:17 pm

omarm wrote:let me know what u think

People have already done that. and they're stating facts, not just opinion.

If you don't agree with them that's fine, you're wrong, but it's still fine, it's your money.

Your comparisons to crap you've bought on ebay in the past are irrelevant. They were from individuals, who had probably stated "no returns" or sold as seen or some crap on their ads.

Argos is a completely different story.

You want something that says they'll pick it up free of charge? have you even bothered to check the argos returns page?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDis ... efunds.htm

3rd point down.
edit: and that's just if you change your mind. the bit about faulty goods is further down the page.

As for the rockrider 6.0. I'd not bother. the addition of the rear "suspension" adds nothing but weight at this sort of price.

omarm

Postby omarm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 23:28 pm

Cat With No Tail wrote:People have already done that. and they're stating facts, not just opinion.

If you don't agree with them that's fine, you're wrong, but it's still fine, it's your money.

Your comparisons to crap you've bought on ebay in the past are irrelevant. They were from individuals, who had probably stated "no returns" or sold as seen or some crap on their ads.

Argos is a completely different story.

You want something that says they'll pick it up free of charge? have you even bothered to check the argos returns page?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDis ... efunds.htm

3rd point down.
edit: and that's just if you change your mind. the bit about faulty goods is further down the page.

thanks for the reply. much appreciated

i don't think u've read all my replies. in a subsequent reply i do state that i had afterwards found out that argos agree to take returns for free

with regards to the ebay seller - it was a company and not an individual seller. they are the biggest seller of memory foam mattresses on ebay. ultimately, i had to deal with paypal, they have rules of their own and live on their own planet.

you say it's fact - great... but please give me a link to a credible source where its stated quite clearly that the seller has to pay return costs if they send the wrong or faulty goods

i spoke to paypal at great length. i put it to them that if i purchased an item weighing 100g, say a mobile phone case, and was sent a ton of bricks by a seller, would i be responsible for sending back the ton of bricks??? the answer was: yes, you have to send back the ton of bricks. they added if ifelt that the seller had sent the bricks on purpose, this didn't change anything, except that i should report them to the police and take court proceedings against them.

trust me, i have spent many many hours of my life wasted chasing this damn problem for the different cases mentioned

Cat With No Tail wrote:As for the rockrider 6.0. I'd not bother. the addition of the rear "suspension" adds nothing but weight at this sort of price.

thanks for that. i'll avoid in that case. annoyingly, they don't state the weight of their bikes on the website. i'm looking to go for a 5.1.

RockmonkeySC

Postby RockmonkeySC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 07:21 am

omarm wrote:Muddyfox: I thought this was like the BMW of bikes (I don't actually know all that much about bikes so don't know if this is entirely true or not) - or at least believed to be a really good and reliable make

Made me laugh a lot.

Briggo

Postby Briggo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 07:28 am

omarm wrote:with regards to the ebay seller - it was a company and not an individual seller. they are the biggest seller of memory foam mattresses on ebay. ultimately, i had to deal with paypal, they have rules of their own and live on their own planet.

Paypal can't have their own rules, its UK trading standards.

Briggo

Postby Briggo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 07:29 am

RockmonkeySC wrote:
omarm wrote:Muddyfox: I thought this was like the BMW of bikes (I don't actually know all that much about bikes so don't know if this is entirely true or not) - or at least believed to be a really good and reliable make

Made me laugh a lot.

This entire thread is a facepalm.

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Fri Oct 05, 2012 09:13 am

Briggo wrote:
RockmonkeySC wrote:

Made me laugh a lot.

I agree.

We started off talking about a bike which needed sending back. We're somehow now talking about a mattress and a table tennis set and ebays returns rules, which has absolutely nothing to do with MTB buying advice.

As such, this thread belongs in the CC, where it can get the attention it deserves.

RockmonkeySC

Postby RockmonkeySC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 09:23 am

Cat With No Tail wrote:
Briggo wrote:
RockmonkeySC wrote:

Made me laugh a lot.

I agree.

We started off talking about a bike which needed sending back. We're somehow now talking about a mattress and a table tennis set and ebays returns rules, which has absolutely nothing to do with MTB buying advice.

As such, this thread belongs in the CC, where it can get the attention it deserves.

Standard internet forum discussion progress. Soon someone will compare someone else to Hitler and it will all end :shock:

supersonic
Lives Here

Postby supersonic » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 am

you say it's fact - great... but please give me a link to a credible source where its stated quite clearly that the seller has to pay return costs if they send the wrong or faulty goods

Sale of Goods act - read it. Only applies to retailers though, not private individuals (though you still have rights)

Return to “MTB Buying Advice”