On Line shopping - beware !

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
Chunkers1980

Re: On Line shopping - beware !

Postby Chunkers1980 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 17:02 pm

I didn't read one of your posts, TLDR. Whining on and on... You need to take a step back and have a think. Hope you get them back and there is enough hose for a tandem.

Rucks

Postby Rucks » Fri Oct 05, 2012 17:11 pm

Curious, you've ordered new brakes for your bike, you asked a specific question on order, they arrived and are not as requested, you can't send them back because it would take too long to rectify, and you need to ride your bike and cant wait,

Question, did your bike not have brakes before these arrived? Could you not use those whilst there sent back to be sorted?

Tbf you do come across as a bit of an ar$e

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 17:15 pm

Generally people buy online because it's cheaper. So next time buy them from your LBS and pay for the convenience.
Simple.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

RevellRider

Postby RevellRider » Fri Oct 05, 2012 19:25 pm

Can't you swap the hoses over yourself? All you'll need is an 8mm spanner and 5 minutes of your time. And unless you pull the brake lever I doubt you'll have to bled the brake

mherbie

Postby mherbie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 21:26 pm

While I understand your frustration, the hoses will be way to long out the box and shall need trimming then bleeding anyway.

DIESELDOG

Postby DIESELDOG » Sat Oct 06, 2012 07:55 am

cooldad wrote:Generally people buy online because it's cheaper. So next time buy them from your LBS and pay for the convenience.
Simple.

Ooooh you're killing my business ;)

Love n Hugs

DD
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk

stuisnew

Postby stuisnew » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:30 am

Agree with the other responses here. Sounds like they have been decent about it. Not their responsibility to consider if you have a specific ride you need them for. Sorry but I don't see the issue.

MountainMonster

Postby MountainMonster » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 am

BigAirNig wrote:
WindyG wrote:I don't really get what you moan is, it doesn't matter how aware you need to be as a buyer they made a mistake, it happens, yeah annoying but they have covered their obligations to rectify the mistake. Your frustration appears to be the fact you can't ride your bike. Next time why not buy from your LBS?

Yep ... a cyclist upset that they miss riding based on someone else's mistake .... that could have been avoided - you hit the nail on the head.... :roll:

Here is the most important question, are you losing money because you can't ride the brakes? Nope, I don't hint so. I think you are just extremely inpatient, and think a solution to your problem will automatically fix the brakes with no effort. If you didn't have a holiday booked, didn't have a skills course booked, and don't rely on your bike to make a living, then you aren't losing money by the brake delay, so chill. Sounds like you just seem to be a bit "you" focused with regards to your decisions.

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Sat Oct 06, 2012 15:49 pm

DIESELDOG wrote:
cooldad wrote:Generally people buy online because it's cheaper. So next time buy them from your LBS and pay for the convenience.
Simple.

Ooooh you're killing my business ;)

Love n Hugs

DD

Yeah but standing on street corners soliciting is so 20th century.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

BigAirNig

Postby BigAirNig » Mon Oct 08, 2012 14:10 pm

Rucks wrote:Curious, you've ordered new brakes for your bike, you asked a specific question on order, they arrived and are not as requested, you can't send them back because it would take too long to rectify, and you need to ride your bike and cant wait,

Question, did your bike not have brakes before these arrived? Could you not use those whilst there sent back to be sorted?

Tbf you do come across as a bit of an ar$e

..... having ordered my new brakes, that should have been good to use from the box [again, that's part of why I asked in advance] .... I sold my existing ones. It's that simple. Rather ignorant/immature to insult a stranger, hidden behind your PC though.
Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)

BigAirNig

Postby BigAirNig » Mon Oct 08, 2012 14:28 pm

MountainMonster wrote:
BigAirNig wrote:
WindyG wrote:I don't really get what you moan is, it doesn't matter how aware you need to be as a buyer they made a mistake, it happens, yeah annoying but they have covered their obligations to rectify the mistake. Your frustration appears to be the fact you can't ride your bike. Next time why not buy from your LBS?

Yep ... a cyclist upset that they miss riding based on someone else's mistake .... that could have been avoided - you hit the nail on the head.... :roll:

Here is the most important question, are you losing money because you can't ride the brakes? Nope, I don't hint so. I think you are just extremely inpatient, and think a solution to your problem will automatically fix the brakes with no effort. If you didn't have a holiday booked, didn't have a skills course booked, and don't rely on your bike to make a living, then you aren't losing money by the brake delay, so chill. Sounds like you just seem to be a bit "you" focused with regards to your decisions.

.... and you clearly make all your decisions based on people other than you :?: really ......

Spelling :

impatient [ɪmˈpeɪʃənt]
adj
1. lacking patience; easily irritated at delay, opposition, etc.
2. exhibiting lack of patience

I could have bought them cheaper elsewhere if I had wanted to wait longer. So, having spoken to them to see that they had what I wanted, my decision was then based on their information. If they had informed me correctly I would not have let my brakes be collected so swiftly by the buyer. My point is that various decisions were based on their information.... so when that turned out to be incorrect - it left me in the lurch. Maybe you would simply take that on the chin. I happen to expect slightly better service than that and many places do go above and beyond - but not that place. They didn't even seem to acknowledge their mistake.

njee20

Postby njee20 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 14:46 pm

Wow.

Mountain. Mole hill.

Get over it. If you have time constraints, don't mail order. Simples.

If your LBS have so much availability as to be able to swap your hoses over why didn't you just buy the brakes from them? OK you checked, perhaps the guy was confused, got it wrong, or the set he looked at did have them the 'right' way round. It's a 5 minute job to swap them, either learn how to do it (go and get a little bottle of Shimano mineral oil from the LBS, it includes a little hose to do it with), pay the LBS out of your own pocket, return the brakes, or stop bleating.

pilch

Postby pilch » Mon Oct 08, 2012 14:49 pm

BigAirNig

Life is too short for this, it's irritating, but it's not terminal... go and smash some plates
A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer

dry664

Postby dry664 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 14:54 pm

So what did you do?? Did you send them back?

mrmonkfinger

Postby mrmonkfinger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 14:55 pm

Shop sends item by mistake and offers to sort it at their expense.

Sounds like my kind of shop.

oodboo

Postby oodboo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:08 pm

Excluding the fact the shop have been pretty good from what I can gather; you ordered the brakes online. I'm assuming you were planning on fitting these yourself? If you can fit the brakes then you can swap the lines over. It really is a simple job. I had to do it with my xt brakes ordered from Rose. You could have probably done it in less time than it took to write your first post.
I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava

Mad_Malx

Postby Mad_Malx » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:43 pm

Not sure BigAirNig has got the hang of this yet. Although he is a bit miffed with us all for not sympathising as much as he deserves, he is still being civil. Shouldn't be insulting the other posters by now?

He's never going to be spoken of with the same awe and wonder as Speed King or Thebigbee at this rate.
Last edited by Mad_Malx on Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigAirNig

Postby BigAirNig » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:44 pm

mrmonkfinger wrote:Shop sends item by mistake and offers to sort it at their expense.

Sounds like my kind of shop.

You can have 'em ... I'd rather have a shop that sends me what was discussed and ordered .....

BigAirNig

Postby BigAirNig » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:45 pm

pilch wrote:BigAirNig

Life is too short for this, it's irritating, but it's not terminal... go and smash some plates

:mrgreen:

The best response yet ....

craigw99

Postby craigw99 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:56 pm

BigAirNig wrote:I don't need lessons on business margins - I have a degree in accounting and work in finance -

if true.... why not just fire a new set on the credit card and wait for the refund for the other set? you had the funds from the old set also.... sorry i just think you want to moan.
opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
1992 cannondale m1000 still going just

Return to “MTB General”