Time RXRS Ulteam

Show off your bikes here...
FransJacques

Re: Time RXRS Ulteam

Postby FransJacques » Fri Oct 05, 2012 15:35 pm

Holy crap that's nice. I don't know what it is, but a classy bike just jumps off the page in a way a Boardman or Comtat or Trek doesn't. That's the emotional response and it's never failed me. The Time just looks hot.

The choice of the mute wheels is smart, if they had the usual white decals the whole thing would be too much. The frame is actually quite busy isn't it? The white hoods and tape are excellent with the rest. The bar-levers set up is perfect, who set it up for you?

What's a "good deal" for such a bike? 4-5k?
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
---------------

Hudders

Postby Hudders » Sat Oct 06, 2012 07:06 am

Thanks!

Yeah, frame is quite busy. I like the gloss carbon look though and all Time frames have quite a bit going on. The matt versions are a bit more subtle but dont quite do it for me.

I built and set the bike up myself. Setup is important - its got to look right, but also needs to suit your position on the bike. In my opinion, as long as you have the right size frame, you really should be able to get things like shifter positioning, bar angle and seat angle right. Even little things like gear cables being too long annoy me so I make sure that all of these things are right on my bike. Thanks for noticing! :)

Price, not sure. I didn't build it in one go and haven't added it all up (probably best that I dont, as I think £5k would probably be a bit shy).

BBH

Postby BBH » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 am

just let out a loud NIIIIIICCCCCEEEEEE.......Wife came in thinking I was looking at a woman!! :)
2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
Twitter: @MadRoadie

Return to “Your Road Bikes”